Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Black Crowes Warpaint 3/4

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Black Crowes Warpaint 3/4

Old 03-09-08, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe both of those were recorded live in the studio as compared to mixed in the studio. Their lineup is different also. I still think it sounds more like Southern Harmony then any of their other ventures.
Old 05-09-08, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rainet
I've listen to Warpaint a few times now. And i hate to say this, i have to agree with the above poster. I wanted so hard to love this album. But when you find yourself forcing to like a song, you know your in trouble.

I do like the 1st and last song even though i like the guitar licks on the last song more than the vocals. I can't get past the Whoa Mule chorus for some reason.
However on a side note we been spoiled with Into the fog dvd/cd. Birds On A Feather dvd/cd, and the Lost Band Sessions cd recently. So they are far from dead.
On the contrary the one thing i love about them is they like to experiment, so you never know how the next album will be. I will say that Warpaint is my 2nd least favorite right above Lions.
To each their own, but I'm a huge Crowes fan, I've been to over 100 shows since 92 and I would rank this as their 3rd best album. Amorica and TSHAMC are just all time classic albums to me, and this one lacks the overall cohesion of those, when it clicks, it really clicks and I find myself coming back to it quite a bit.