DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Kylie Minogue : "X" (New Album, Winter 2007) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/515712-kylie-minogue-x-new-album-winter-2007-a.html)

Buckleyesque 10-29-07 06:33 AM

Kylie Minogue : "X" (New Album, Winter 2007)

I just heard the first single "Two Hearts" and it sounds a lot like the group Heart (in a good way). Then I heard another song from the new album called 'Sensitized' that samples Serge Gainsbourg. Not a huge Kylie fan (except for a couple good songs from "Fever" and her 1997 album) but this one looks pretty promising...

uncle-frank 10-29-07 11:28 AM

ill jus dL it. :)

tronmaster 10-29-07 03:23 PM

Yea, can't wait for Kylie's new album. I would get it on iTunes but I think it's gonna be a UK release, that's to bad. So I probably will have to buy it through Amazon UK or maybe through eBay from those Hong Kong sellers.

nothingfails 10-30-07 03:12 AM

US release is supposed to be Feb 12, so it'll be a small wait but we'll get it regardless

Supermallet 11-14-07 04:45 PM

I'm a huge Kylie fan. She's one of the few artists whose physical CD's I still buy. I might try to get the Japanese or Australian versions of the album, as they usually have some bonus tracks.

Back2Basics 11-14-07 09:57 PM

i was obsessed with her in the "Fever to Ultimate Kylie". however this new single "2 hearts" dragged me off =[

i didnt quite liked it =[

Buckleyesque 11-15-07 02:24 AM

I did catch the Youtube rip of her 'ITV Show' special from a few nites ago. She looked AMAZING> Its really something that shes pushing 40, beat cancer, and STILL looks this ravishing.

Supermallet 11-15-07 04:43 PM

Hell yeah, she's still got it. I just relistened to Fever today. What an assured album. She's a brilliant entertainer.

Edit: Holy crap, I just watched the video for 2 Hearts. The song is amazing. I love the overt glam influences. Last time I heard anything like that was on Impossible Princess, which is easily my favorite album of hers. Bring on the full album!

Also, I find it a little weird that the album is titled X, since that's also the title of an INXS album, and Kylie and Michael Hutchence dated for a while in the early 90's. I wonder if it's coincidence or if she did it as some kind of nod to him.

gatoinfeliz 11-16-07 01:39 AM

It's her tenth studio album. It's a giant improvement over Body Language and superior to Fever which sounds a tiny bit dated. Look for the leaked tracks making the rounds.

A side note, she did a remake of the Roxy Music song Love Is The Drug for this compilation based on the UK's Radio 1 station. God awful cover really, the only one to truely make it right was Grace Jones.

Supermallet 11-16-07 11:21 AM

Yes, I know it's her tenth album, but it's still an odd coincidence. Now, if she had named it Kick, I wouldn't have any doubts about it. :) And you're right about it being an improvement over Body Language, I think that BL is her weakest album since before her self-titled (the one before Impossible Princess).

I have that cover and it's not so bad. Of course, with Roxy Music, the original is still the best.

Elpresidentepez 11-20-07 12:43 AM

Does anyone know a way for me to get this LEGALLY on the 26th?

Matt 11-20-07 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Elpresidentepez
Does anyone know a way for me to get this LEGALLY tomorrow?

Fly to Japan?

-confused-

Matt 11-20-07 01:14 AM

Fly to England?

-confused-

Buckleyesque 11-20-07 02:30 AM

Can someone list the actual tracklisting, and then a list of the leaked tracks that never made the final album cut?

In many ways, this era for Kylie reminds me of Britney's "Blackout" where some of the best tracks have not made the actual CD release.

gatoinfeliz 11-20-07 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Buckleyesque
Can someone list the actual tracklisting, and then a list of the leaked tracks that never made the final album cut?

In many ways, this era for Kylie reminds me of Britney's "Blackout" where some of the best tracks have not made the actual CD release.

Best tracks in bold.

Tracklisting:
1. 2 Hearts
2. Like a Drug
3. In My Arms - produced by Calvin Harris
4. Speakerphone
5. Sensitized
6. Heart Beat Rock
7. The One - produced by the Freemasons
8. No More Rain
9. All I See
10. Stars
11. Wow
12. Nu-di-ty
13. Cosmic

Japan
14. King Or Queen (b-side to 2 Hearts)
15. I Don't Know What It Is (b-side to 2 Hearts)

Taiwan
14. In My Arms (with Jolin Tsai)

Rippin' Up The Disco - bonus trrack from kylie.com when you insert the cd into your computer

Magnetic Electric - iTunes bonus track

White Diamond (Movie Version) - iTunes bonus track [this was written and worked on by the Scissor Sisters for her Showgirl Tour, so this might be an actual studio version, they previously worked on "I Believe In You"]

X era:
Love Is The Drug (Roxy Music cover for BBC Radio 1 40th Anniversary album)
Fall For You (Version 1) - produced by Biffco
Fall For You (Version 2) - produced by Biffco
Excuse My French - supposedly not her vocals but I think they are
When The Cat's Away - supposedly not her vocals but I think they are
Lose Control
I'm Ready
In The Mood For Love - produced by Mylo
Spell Of Desire - produced by Mylo
Boombox - remixed form leaked, I believe this is an early incarnation of Speakerphone
I'm Sorry - although this might be from the Body Language era

Supermallet 11-20-07 04:42 AM

Amazon.com is selling it as an import. Also, I believe MTV UK is streaming the whole album.

gatoinfeliz 11-20-07 04:47 AM

you might want to buy a few albums either from amazon.co.uk or amazon.co.jp and spread the cost of shipping. In the end it comes out to be a bit less expensive than getting the import from the american amazon site. The cds are also cheaper than listed on the uk amazon because foreigners don't pay vat (a type of tax) on their items.

Elpresidentepez 11-20-07 09:41 PM

Thanks Suprmallet and gatoinfeliz for the helpful suggestions.

gjamesm 11-20-07 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by gatoinfeliz
you might want to buy a few albums either from amazon.co.uk or amazon.co.jp and spread the cost of shipping. In the end it comes out to be a bit less expensive than getting the import from the american amazon site. The cds are also cheaper than listed on the uk amazon because foreigners don't pay vat (a type of tax) on their items.

Or just order it from www.cd-wow.com (free shipping)

Supermallet 11-21-07 10:12 PM

My problem with ordering from Amazon Japan is that they have several different listings for X, all at different prices, and some with different release dates. I can tell some of them are imports, but with all the different editions floating around, it gets confusing. I'm getting the special edition as an import from Amazon US because I have Amazon Prime which makes it cheaper to get it to me next day. My delivery estimate is for the 29th.

A-aron 04-16-08 01:59 PM

Finally getting a chance to listen to the CD, and damn if Speakerphone doesn't remind me of the robot Heinekin (sp) commercial.

DJariya 04-16-08 02:03 PM

I got the import of this CD from Hong Kong last winter and I thought it was a good follow up to Body Language. I need to listen to it again though.