Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

KISSology: Vol. 3 details revealed

Old 12-05-07, 09:23 AM
  #51  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,533
Anyone know exactly which stores are having which bonus disks?
nodeerforamonth is offline  
Old 12-05-07, 01:17 PM
  #52  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,984
Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Anyone know exactly which stores are having which bonus disks?
Based on B5Erik's earlier post it looks like Best Buy will have the Sao Paulo show. I'm guessing the KROQ show will be the generic bonus disc since it was mentioned in the press release. That would leave the MSG show for Wal Mart.
Dubya is offline  
Old 12-05-07, 01:37 PM
  #53  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Spiderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 13,256
Originally Posted by nothingfails
sell it asap on ebay, you'll get a lot of $$$$$$$$$$
Just wanted to say thanks for the advice. I ended up selling my Unplugged on Ebay for $51. Not too shabby and more than pays for this new set.
Spiderbite is offline  
Old 12-10-07, 09:56 AM
  #54  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 20
So anybody got their hands on Kissology 3 already?
I'm really looking foward to it, especially after I saw this link:

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...Kissology%203/

The guy posted screencaps of every disc, even the bonus disc. It looks awesome!
The_Walrus is offline  
Old 12-10-07, 01:39 PM
  #55  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
speedy1961's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Posts: 9,381
Originally Posted by The_Walrus
So anybody got their hands on Kissology 3 already?
I'm really looking foward to it, especially after I saw this link:

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n...Kissology%203/

The guy posted screencaps of every disc, even the bonus disc. It looks awesome!
It's in the Best Buy ad for 12/16- 12/22/09 for $24.99 with a Best Buy exclusive of 60 minutes of bonus video.
speedy1961 is offline  
Old 12-10-07, 02:27 PM
  #56  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Brooklyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,253
Originally Posted by speedy1961
It's in the Best Buy ad for 12/16- 12/22/09 for $24.99 with a Best Buy exclusive of 60 minutes of bonus video.
That runtime sounds like Best Buy is getting the KROQ show disc.
Brooklyn is offline  
Old 12-10-07, 08:46 PM
  #57  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: California
Posts: 569
Originally Posted by Dubya
Based on B5Erik's earlier post it looks like Best Buy will have the Sao Paulo show. I'm guessing the KROQ show will be the generic bonus disc since it was mentioned in the press release. That would leave the MSG show for Wal Mart.
According to Kissonline, you are correct.
EvlAsh is offline  
Old 12-12-07, 07:03 AM
  #58  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 678
Has anyone seen a complete track list for each of the bonus discs?
Tenacious D is offline  
Old 12-13-07, 04:36 AM
  #59  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
dollfins1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,308
holy crap i was at the 6/27/00 show in nj. i'm so glad it was included. there was a mishap here where a lighting fixture crashed on the stage and the setlist and band were smokin'. nugent was the opening act before he got the boot lol
dollfins1 is offline  
Old 12-14-07, 12:09 PM
  #60  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,186
Originally Posted by Tenacious D
Has anyone seen a complete track list for each of the bonus discs?
Wikipedia has 2 of the 3 listed here
Amel is offline  
Old 12-14-07, 01:10 PM
  #61  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 678
Thanks Amel. I appreciate it. Out of those two I'd go with the Best Buy disc, but I'll wait to see the set list for the Wal-Mart disc.
Tenacious D is offline  
Old 12-14-07, 10:54 PM
  #62  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,186
I found this on this fansite here. Scroll about 1/2 way down. This list is for the video, so I don't know if everything will be on the dvd.


"Live In New York" MSG; New York, NY; 7/27/96 (3rd Night); AUD (3 CAM ) Grade A (120 min.)

Deuce
King Of The Nightime World
Da Ya Love Me
Calling Dr. Love
Cold Gin
Let Me Go Rock And Roll
Shout It Out Loud
Watchin' You
Firehouse
Shock Me
Guitar Solo: A. Frehley
Strutter
Rock Bottom
Bass Solo: G. Simmons
God Of Thunder
Drum Solo: P. Criss
New York Groove
Love Gun
100,000 Years
Black Diamond
Detroit Rock City
Beth
Rock And Roll All Nite
Amel is offline  
Old 12-16-07, 12:39 PM
  #63  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,186
Originally Posted by Tenacious D
Thanks Amel. I appreciate it. Out of those two I'd go with the Best Buy disc, but I'll wait to see the set list for the Wal-Mart disc.
I'm waiting for complete confirmation. As others have said, today's Best Buy ad has the bonus being only 60 minutes which means it must be the Weenie Roast. My money's going to whoever has the Brazil show also.
Amel is offline  
Old 12-16-07, 01:12 PM
  #64  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
B5Erik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Southern California
Posts: 8,840
Originally Posted by Amel
I'm waiting for complete confirmation. As others have said, today's Best Buy ad has the bonus being only 60 minutes which means it must be the Weenie Roast. My money's going to whoever has the Brazil show also.
Best Buy's ad is incorrect. They have the '94 Sao Paulo show, which is complete and runs around 105-110 minutes.

Here's the info from KISSOnline.com

Here are the limited edition KISSology 3 covers for the 5 disc versions as they will appear in stores on December 18th! Left to right: Best Buy (Brazil 1994); General Market (Weenie Roast/Irvine, CA 1996); and Wal Mart/Samís Club (Madison Square Garden/NYC 1996).
B5Erik is offline  
Old 12-16-07, 07:21 PM
  #65  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Brooklyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,253
Just picked up the set from Walmart, the track listing for the bonus dvd of the MSG
7/27/96 show is (cut and paste from post 62 with alterations);

Deuce
Calling Dr. Love
Cold Gin
Let Me Go Rock And Roll
Shout It Out Loud
Watchin' You
Firehouse
Shock Me
Guitar Solo: A. Frehley (not listed, but present on disc)
Strutter
Rock Bottom
Bass Solo: G. Simmons (not listed, but present on disc)
God Of Thunder
Love Gun
100,000 Years
Black Diamond
Detroit Rock City
Rock And Roll All Nite


Going by post 62 these are missing:


King Of The Nightime World
Da Ya Love Me
Drum Solo: P. Criss
New York Groove
Beth

Also, check your set before the ride home, I had two discs 3s and no disc 1.
Brooklyn is offline  
Old 12-16-07, 07:44 PM
  #66  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Spiderbite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 13,256
So what is the consensus? Which one is the best bonus disc?
Spiderbite is offline  
Old 12-16-07, 08:56 PM
  #67  
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 17
The price at Walmart was $24.88 at Perry Hall, MD. They had about 5 copies. This seems to the cheapest price by a couple of cents over BB.
amendt1 is offline  
Old 12-16-07, 09:38 PM
  #68  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
B5Erik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Southern California
Posts: 8,840
Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
So what is the consensus? Which one is the best bonus disc?
You won't ever find a consensus with KISS.

But my pick for best bonus disc is the Sao Paulo 1994 show. It's the complete show, has a great set list, and great performances. The bonus discs for the 1996 shows are kind of just more of the same from that year (virtually the same set lists and stage set ups, same kind of performances from Ace and Peter that they usually gave during the Reunion era).

So I'm heading to Best Buy on Tuesday...
B5Erik is offline  
Old 12-17-07, 12:26 AM
  #69  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,533
Originally Posted by B5Erik
You won't ever find a consensus with KISS.

But my pick for best bonus disc is the Sao Paulo 1994 show. It's the complete show, has a great set list, and great performances.

So I'm heading to Best Buy on Tuesday...
True.

I'm against any show without makeup, but so many people are recommending the Sao Paulo show, I'll reluctantly pick that up.

Heading to Wal-Mart, Best Buy & wherever else on Tuesday...
nodeerforamonth is offline  
Old 12-17-07, 12:27 AM
  #70  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,533
Originally Posted by Brooklyn
Going by post 62 these are missing:

King Of The Nightime World
Da Ya Love Me
Drum Solo: P. Criss
New York Groove
Beth

Also, check your set before the ride home, I had two discs 3s and no disc 1.
Damn! I could do without Beth, but NY Groove, King & Do You Love Me would be the last 3 songs I would cut out of that setlist!
nodeerforamonth is offline  
Old 12-18-07, 11:37 AM
  #71  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
B5Erik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Southern California
Posts: 8,840
Well, I picked mine up at Best Buy - and it had 2 disc 4's. I went back in, opened 2 more, same thing. They said they had the same problem with KISSology 2, so I'll have to check back for a disc 2 later in the week.
B5Erik is offline  
Old 12-18-07, 01:07 PM
  #72  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tennessee (but don't hold that against me)
Posts: 512
just got back from getting all 3 versions... checked the discs & all have the correct discs 1-4 plus bonus disc... now to sit in front of the tv & watch them all in order over the coming week... JOY!
bearkiss is offline  
Old 12-18-07, 02:26 PM
  #73  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
B5Erik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Southern California
Posts: 8,840
Well, having watched most of disc 1 and the Sao Paulo show I've got to say that the Revenge era kicked serious ass. They were just a monster of a band at that point.

The Revenge concert was even better than I remembered, and the Sao Paulo show was great considering that they only played 3 complete concerts in the preceding 20 months. They were just a friggin' Panzer Tank steamrolling over the audience!

Now if I can only get disc 2....
B5Erik is offline  
Old 12-19-07, 07:32 PM
  #74  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,353
Originally Posted by B5Erik
Well, I picked mine up at Best Buy - and it had 2 disc 4's. I went back in, opened 2 more, same thing. They said they had the same problem with KISSology 2, so I'll have to check back for a disc 2 later in the week.

Yeah I had that problem with my Vol 2 last time out, too. No issues with Vol 3, though, happy to say. Wasn't sure if I was going to go Best Buy bonus disc, or Wal-Mart bonus disc - but your glowing review, AND, the $5 Rewards Zone coupon I still had to use made it an easier decision.
Rocketdog2000 is offline  
Old 12-21-07, 12:18 AM
  #75  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Brooklyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,253
Watched Disc 1 tonite. Gotta say, absolutely horrible mixing on the Detroit Palace show.
All drums, somewhat weak guitars and barely recognizable vocals.

Anyone notice the mic stand catch fire at the beginning of (I believe it was) Heaven's On Fire?
Brooklyn is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.