Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Pink Floyd remasted collection box set set for nov 07

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 10-07-07, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/news/?y=07&id=0918
According to Pink Floyd's manager Paul Loasby, there will be a Pink Floyd box set released in November 2007. There is currently no date set for its release as it is still in discussion.

According to Paul, "[it will be] all of the studio albums reproduced as CDs but as per the vinyl artwork". He also confirmed that all the CDs will be contained within a Storm Thorgerson designed box!

In an interview last year, Storm revealed that the box set would be called "The Boy, The Man" although that has not been confirmed to NPF yet by Pink Floyd's manager.

Storm Thorgerson has designed many of Pink Floyd's album covers including Dark Side of the Moon, PULSE and the booklet for the 40th Anniversary Edition of Piper At The Gates of Dawn.

Feel free to discuss this news on the forum from the link below and remain subscribed to this newsletter to learn more information as it becomes available!

this is something i'd love to have. These have been needed for a long time.
Old 10-07-07, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Needed for what? There's already been about a half dozen PF remasters, and the original vinyl art is readily available on the Japanese mini-LPs.

After the Japanese Sonys, the UK Harvests, the Shine On box, the MFSLs, the Sony MasterSound, the 1994 remasters, the Japanese mini-LPs, the 'Dark Side' SACD and the new 'Piper' 3CD I'm exhausted.

Roger Waters could have added a new wing onto one of his castles with just the money I've spent re-buying 'Wish You Were Here' over and over and over again.

I'm done. Call me when they finally decide to release some live tapes from the vault.
Old 10-07-07, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like a Live at the BBC set, and a concert recording of The Man/The Journey, but that's about it. I don't need another copy of Meddle or Dark Side; the last round of remasters sound fine to me.
Old 10-07-07, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
I'll buy this. The only thing I have so far is The Wall. and vinyl reproduction sleeves are about the coolest fucking thing known to man, IMO.

Last edited by DaveWadding; 10-07-07 at 11:04 PM.
Old 10-07-07, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Gotta agree. Vinyl physically flimsy compared to a CD, it never made sense that for 50+ years, music was sold in cheap, cardboard sleeves, but when CDs came out they suddenly had beefy cases. I have the Simon and Garfunkel box set and the CDs are in mini vinyl covers. I thought it was the coolest thing ever but everyone I show it to thinks it's cheap. Go figure...