Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

will.i.am- Songs About Girls (new album)

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 09-24-07, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I listened to this yesterday and I must say I was overall impressed. Like Kanye, Will has made a genre-bending album (elements of hip-hop, soul, funk, rock, techno) with surprising success. Not every song is great (such as the lackluster single "I got it from my mama"), but the songs that are good, are very good, great even. Overall, will.i.am pretty much redeems himself for unleashing Fergie upon us, he clearly has more talent than you would expect.
Old 09-24-07, 09:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hapgilmore
redeems himself for unleashing Fergie upon us...
Fergie is the best thing about The Black Eyed Peas, though it doesn't have jack to do with any of her (or any of their) shitty music.
Old 09-25-07, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

All I know is that his lead single sounds just.like The Black Eyed Peas to me... complete with someone trying their best to sound just like Fergie. It kind of makes me just want to put their last cd on or maybe ever Fergie's cd (yes I got it and I love it too) and call it a day.
Old 09-25-07, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Fergie is great and her album is actually very good. BEP should be grateful to have her with them, shes a huge reason why they bacame so poplular.
Old 09-26-07, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've only skimmed through it, but it isn't as good as I was hoping. Will is great on productions, but sometimes his lyrics leave a lot to be desired. I'm more looking forward to the project he's working on that will have other MC's like Common and Nas on it.

Still there are some really good upbeat pop/dance songs on the album. Not a bad effort at all.
Old 09-26-07, 06:26 PM

production is definatley hot, lyrics are pretty shitty tho, im not expecting another behind the front, but a guy can hope
Old 09-27-07, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by onebyone
All I know is that his lead single sounds just.like The Black Eyed Peas to me... complete with someone trying their best to sound just like Fergie. It kind of makes me just want to put their last cd on or maybe ever Fergie's cd (yes I got it and I love it too) and call it a day.

I thought it WAS Fergie. She's just not in the video.
Old 09-28-07, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by HotThang
I thought it WAS Fergie. She's just not in the video.

Well if that is the case, it could for sure explain why the whole song just makes me want to listen to Fergie or the BEPs.
Old 09-28-07, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think it's hilarious that you guys think the Black Eyed Peas are better with Fergie. Listen to their older stuff. No, it's not as popular, but it's 100 times better.

= J