Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Sex Pistols are back for one gig.....

Old 09-18-07, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sex Pistols are back for one gig.....

Sex Pistols are back for one off gig!

John Lydon tells NME.COM they're hitting the road
11 hours ago
Sex Pistols have exclusively revealed details of a one off London gig to NME.COM today (September 18).

The band are set to play Brixton Academy on November 8.

Speaking about their return to the London gig scene for the first time since 2002, Sex Pistols' frontman John Lydon explained: "Maybe it's because we're all Londoners, but there would be no Sex Pistols without dear old London town."

He added: "See you all at Brixton with proper feelings and proper people all around. From London Bridge to The Rose And Crown, all of Britain is welcome so come on down."

Tickets go on sale on September 21 at 9am (BST).

To check ticket availability and get all the latest listings, go to NME.COM/Gigs, now.

Meanwhile, NME.COM is organising a campaign to get the band's classic single 'God Save The Queen' to Number One.

The song was denied the top spot by the powers that be when it was originally released in 1977 because they didn't want the band's punk attitude interfering with the Queen's Jubilee that year.

As the single is being reissued on seven-inch vinyl to celebrate its 30th anniversary, we are calling on all fans to buy or download it during the week beginning October 8 and hopefully we can send it back up the charts.

------------------------

No Sid = No Sale.....
Old 09-18-07, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This is SO wrong.

Guys in their 50's rehashing something that was totally of it's time and about youth and rebellion.

Now you got Steve Jones, a 260 lb, 50 something Los Angeles DJ.

Everything about the original Sex Pistols goes against the whole idea of nostalgia and cashing in.

It's worse than a bunch of middle aged folks dressing up in their high school clothes and having a sock hop.

Yet people will go to these shows and tell people they saw the Sex Pistols.
Old 09-18-07, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cungar
This is SO wrong.

Guys in their 50's rehashing something that was totally of it's time.
I said the same thing when they first reunited. And I missed some great shows according to everyone who was there. Saw them the last tour and was very pleased.

Everything about the original Sex Pistols goes against the whole idea of nostalgia and cashing in.
THE WHOLE IDEA ABOUT THE ORIGINAL SEX PISTOLS WAS TO TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN!!! Please read any book or see any movie about them.
Old 09-18-07, 07:53 PM
Banned

I saw them on the reunion tour at Cobo Hall in Detroit, and it was a GREAT show, and the band (minus Lydon, natch) hung out in back of the arena with fans 'til all hours....I got some great pics, and tons of stuff signed.

I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I've been a huge fan since the beginning (around 1978), and I've always understood the $ motives, as mentioned in another comment above. If you have the opportunity, I highly recommend seeing them.

Last edited by zombiezilla; 09-18-07 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-19-07, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess they need the money!

Last edited by cranberries fan; 09-19-07 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-19-07, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They skipped the show they were to play in Denver a few years back, but Dropkick Murphy's played a longer set at a better venue. After that, I wouldn't give the Pistols one more cent.
Old 09-21-07, 02:05 PM
Banned

Wow. Some people really don't get the Sex Pistols. Of course they're seeking to rip you off and take your money. Of course they laugh all the way to the bank as they rehash their glory days, all the while emptying out your pocket book and taking advantage of your desire to relive your wasted youth. That's always been their thing. Any and every way to say "fuck you" to the audience.
Old 09-21-07, 03:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cranberries fan
I guess they need the money!
I bet a couple of them do (especially Paul Cook and Glen Matlock), since they've been ripped off by their handlers/managers/reps since the beginning of their career(s). How do you think they got the "Fuck you, gimme your money" attitude, anyway? Aside from growing up dirt poor, that is.
Old 09-21-07, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If I'm in London at that time I'm there! Whether or not the movement's still alive, those guys put out one of the greatest albums ever. If anyone EVER gets the chance to see them live - DO IT!

I'll be looking for the GSTQ 7" vinyl that week also. That'd be great if they could take #1