Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Led Zeppelin to reunite with Bonham's son

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Led Zeppelin to reunite with Bonham's son

Old 09-14-07, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 289 Likes on 205 Posts
The only Zeppelin reunion worth a damn was the one Page played with The Black Crowes.

I was at that show and it was far better than anything I've seen from Zeppelin themselves.
Old 09-14-07, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by slop101
The only Zeppelin reunion worth a damn was the one Page played with The Black Crowes.

I was at that show and it was far better than anything I've seen from Zeppelin themselves.
Agreed!
Old 09-14-07, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Better than anything Zep has done...
You could not be a Led Zep fan in the smallest amount and actually believe what you posted!
Old 09-14-07, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I meant anything they've done together (or separate) since Bonham died.

I didn't spell it out because I thought it was obvious...

Or, heck, I'd say it's even better than some of the stuff with Bonham like the Song Remains the Same concert and their Knebworth performance.

Last edited by slop101; 09-14-07 at 11:09 PM.
Old 09-15-07, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by B5Erik
Oh, yeah - Zep played Live Aid and were embarassingly bad.

So bad that when the Live Aid DVD was put together they requested NOT to be included (and the DVD producers went along and left them out).

But I saw it live in all its glory. Plant badly missing high notes, Page sloppily playing an out of tune guitar - it was a glorious disaster of train wreck proportions (musically, of course).
Part I - Rock N Roll

Part II - Whole Lotta Love

Part III - Stairway To Heaven

Old 09-15-07, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

So compare that with Page & The Black Crowes doing Whole Lotta Love below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l7snOCeJnQ

Last edited by slop101; 09-15-07 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-15-07, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 104 Likes on 71 Posts
I meant anything they've done together (or separate) since Bonham died.
The Firm live blows this away. Maybe someday the concert that was filmed and aired on MTV(full show broadcast on radio) will be released someday. It was the first show they ever did. Plant took his kids to it and commented it was the first time he'd ever seen Page play in concert from an audience. I saw them on the one and only tour in '86 and remains one of the best shows I ever saw. Played 2hrs. 45min. They just kept coming back for encores till they played every song they know. Last thing they did was a 30min. jam of "I Just Want To Make Love To You". As for Rodgers, the songs may not be as radio friendly, but as a live band, The Firm kicked Bad Co.'s ass.
Old 09-15-07, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think that just falls to preference. I've never been a fan of the Firm (far too '80s sounding and very dated), and while I've never seen them live, going off their live clips on youtube, while not bad, they were nothing special either - they seem to have little weight or presence, and again, very "of the '80s". Though I agree that the Firm killed BadCo. - but then I was always much more a fan of Free than BadCo. Though I really do think that the Crowes alone destroy any band that Rodgers was a part of.
Old 09-16-07, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it would be great if they were to release a DVD of this
Old 09-16-07, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by InnocentBlood
it would be great if they were to release a DVD of this
I agree, only it's impossible because they didn't film the shows at the Greek - they only recorded the audio. The Page/Crows stuff around youtube are from other performances, and very few of them were full shows, and they weren't even recorded professionally.
Old 09-17-07, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 104 Likes on 71 Posts
On the radio this morning they said that 89 million people have entered their names in the lottery for the 20-25,000 available tickets. Deadline to get signed up has been extended to Wed.
Old 09-17-07, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by rw2516
On the radio this morning they said that 89 million people have entered their names in the lottery for the 20-25,000 available tickets. Deadline to get signed up has been extended to Wed.
89 million people almost insures the tour next summer that is also rumored.
Old 09-17-07, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rw2516
heh. 88.9 million of whom are trying to get a set to sell on eBay.
Old 01-28-08, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
From Billboard today:

Page: No Chance Of Zeppelin Tour Until September

January 28, 2008, 10:05 AM ET

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page says he's ready to take the iconic band on a world tour after burning up the stage at last month's reunion concert at London's 02 Arena. But it probably won't be before September.

"Robert Plant has a parallel project and he is busy with that until September," Page said today (Jan. 28) in Japan, where he was promoting the Zeppelin compilation "Mothership."

Plant and Alison Krauss will begin their world tour with a run of shows in the southern U.S. this spring. They will visit Europe in May before returning for North American shows still to be announced for June and July.

"The amount of work we put into O2 was what you would normally put into a world tour anyway," Page, 64, said of the intense rehearsing the band did for the Dec. 10 concert.

Page said they rehearsed for weeks, apprehensive that the cohesion they had in the 1970s when they were at their peak might be hard to rediscover. "We wanted people who might not have even been alive in 1980 when we finished to understand what we were," he said.

Page said all went well until he broke a finger in three places, forcing the band to postpone the show for several weeks. "But we did the show, and it was great," he said. "It was instant in terms of chemistry."

That article makes it sound like it is going to happen once they all have the time to do it.