Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

"It's Britney, Bitch" - Britney Spears' new releases - album nov. 13

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

"It's Britney, Bitch" - Britney Spears' new releases - album nov. 13

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-07, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"It's Britney, Bitch" - Britney Spears: 'Gimme More' & Blackout album Oct. 30

Now i know this isn't the place where I'll find lots of Britney fans, but her new single 'Gimme More' hit the scene today and has pretty much exploded. It's getting TONS of airplay, the video is expected really soon and it seems with this hot club track, Britney is back. This kind of dancable track is really what she does best, simple but effective. I think people are going to welcome her back with open arms, everyone likes a comeback!

you can hear it here http://www.myspace.com/britneyspears

Last edited by mdc3000; 10-10-07 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-01-07, 12:18 PM

I am excited for Brits comeback, but the single is awful IMO. It sounds like a crappy b-side, I can't believe it is being released as a single. Hopefully the album will be much better.
Old 09-06-07, 03:23 PM

From IDontLikeYouInThatWay talking about the upcoming live debut of this song...

Well, you really don't have to guess if this piece of crap is going to be lip-synced or not. It is. Not that it matters, because even with the producer's magic wand, Britney's voice still sounds like one of Michael Vick's dogs after it lost a fight. I was going to post the lyrics, but then I realized I'd have to listen to it again. Sorry, but I'd rather hear the audio of me being set on fire.
Old 09-06-07, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That is pretty damn funny... and yeah, it's going to be sync'd for sure at the VMA's.
Old 09-06-07, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
I really hope she crashes and burns. I'm so sick of this over exposed talentless white trash skank.
Old 09-06-07, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Daytripper
I really hope she crashes and burns. I'm so sick of this over exposed talentless white trash skank.
She will. There's really no chance of her becoming popular again.

"Exploded" is stretching it by a wiiiiiiide margin.
Old 09-07-07, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by abrg923

She seems more popular then ever-
Old 09-07-07, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by tommy28
But not in a good way. So, during her "come back" performance, will she smash those mirrors with an umbrella?
Old 09-07-07, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Only with the paparazzi..

Oh, and TMZ.com..
Old 09-07-07, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That song is atrocious.
Old 09-07-07, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by abrg923

I can't stand Britney, but it seems like a lot of people are excited that she's back. It seems like the gays have already "forgiven her" for her trainwreck appeal, and to be honest, the gays are going to be her biggest audience from here on out (like most "divas"). Even people like Perez Hilton and Trent Venegas who were all about bashing Britney are suddenly on this "welcome back, Brit!!" bandwagon
Old 09-08-07, 05:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I actualy think the first Britney Spears album was great... for what it was, a good solid pop album... "Hit Me Baby One More Time" and "Drive Me Crazy" rocked.

this new stuff however is terrible.
Old 09-09-07, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

anyone see her on the mtv awards. my god she was awful. Why sing that song, when all you do is lip sync it.....but she didnt even bother to lip sing. She looks alittle too big now to dress like she did too. Just looked wierd.
Old 09-09-07, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I wish I could make 750,000 a month only being popular with TMZ.
Old 09-09-07, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

her performance was worse than I could have ever imagined...seemed like she didn't know the dance moves or the lyrics to the song...just pure shit.
Old 09-09-07, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I don't really get the impression that she's "exploded" in popularity either. I haven't really heard her song pop up that much on the main pop station here.
Old 09-09-07, 10:01 PM
Cool New Member

Tell us how you really feel
Old 09-09-07, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mdc3000
her performance was worse than I could have ever imagined...seemed like she didn't know the dance moves or the lyrics to the song...just pure shit.
Yeah, that was pretty fucking bad. She's not exactly the best shape to be doing a performance in her Victoria Secrets. Little paunch there. And man, she was just going through the motions. At times, she didn't even bother pretending like she was singing. And she looked as bored as I did. So much for the magic mirrors doing this performance.
Old 09-09-07, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I don't really get the impression that she's "exploded" in popularity either. I haven't really heard her song pop up that much on the main pop station here.
Well, on stations here and especially on satellite radio, it's on like every 40 minutes - you could set your watch by it.
Old 09-09-07, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Yeah, that was pretty fucking bad. She's not exactly the best shape to be doing a performance in her Victoria Secrets. Little paunch there. And man, she was just going through the motions. At times, she didn't even bother pretending like she was singing. And she looked as bored as I did. So much for the magic mirrors doing this performance.
Strong agreement. I don't think the song is too bad... it's decent. But her performance was boring and plain as hell. She didn't seem into it at all.
Old 09-09-07, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Everyone seems to agree:

http://omg.yahoo.com/britney-spears-...ards/news/2302

Perez Hilton asked his readers what they thought and at this time there are 5055 response. Most of them saying she was terrible. That's a record for his site, that many responses.
Old 09-10-07, 04:45 AM

LAS VEGAS (AP) - As in most train wrecks, it was hard to focus on just one thing as the Britney Spears disaster unfolded. There was just so much that went wrong.

Out-of-synch lip-synching. Lethargic movements that seemed choreographed by a dance instructor for a nursing home. The paunch in place of Spears' once-taut belly. At times she just stopped singing altogether, as if even she knew nothing could save her performance.

Designed to drum up excitement for her upcoming album, Spears' kickoff to the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday night became another example of how far she has fallen. It would have been understandable if MTV's show had been crushed under the weight of the opening fiasco - yet somehow it rebounded, and even flourished.

Old 09-10-07, 05:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts

Wait, is this an old pic or is this what they're calling "out of shape" these days?

Last edited by Giantrobo; 09-10-07 at 05:40 AM.
Old 09-10-07, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd still hit it.
Old 09-10-07, 06:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Everyone seems to agree:

http://omg.yahoo.com/britney-spears-...ards/news/2302

Perez Hilton asked his readers what they thought and at this time there are 5055 response. Most of them saying she was terrible. That's a record for his site, that many responses.
I always value the opinions of Perez Hilton & his readers.

Anyways, I didn’t watch the 'MTV Video Music Awards' but I’ve seen some clips of her performance on 'Robin & Company' this morning & I got a good laugh out of Rihanna, laughing at her performance.

I think Akon summed it up pretty well, "I think she needed to have focused more on the show and less on the parties."

Spear’s performance was indeed terrible but I think she deserves all the sh*t she’s getting thrown at her because if she isn’t even going to put any effort into her performance’s & give her fans (which I’m not one of) a little bit of appreciation. I hope her Album bombs.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.