Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

The Lost Tracks of Danzig

Old 08-18-07, 04:25 PM

The Lost Tracks of Danzig

Anyone pick this up? I gave up on Danzig about 8 years ago because I didn't like the direction he was going in and 6:66 confirmed it for me. But this is very good, and not only because it includes material from the late 80s/early 90s. I even find myself enjoying the "lost" tracks from the last 10 years as well - enough where I may give some of his more recent albums another shot.

The packaging is kind of cool - it's only two discs but it's packaged like a box set with a nice booklet explaining why these tracks were left off the original releases.
Old 08-18-07, 04:40 PM

Weird - I just saw this at Best Buy yesterday and wondered if anyone had picked it up to get some sort of review
Old 08-19-07, 07:10 PM

I might have to check it out, I loved his old stuff more too.
Old 08-20-07, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This is my album of the year so far. Danzig is in my top 3 artists of all time. I kind of fell of the wagon a bit after Blackacidevil, but in recent years I decided to buy the rest of his catalog and, to my surprise, I like it. Danzig 5 was such a major shift in style that it turned off many fans completely. Satan's Child starts to gain some of that old style back, I Luciferi was also getting back on track and Circle of Snakes was pretty damn solid. Black Angel, White Angel of that record is one of my favorite Danzig songs ever.

This release has a ton of great songs. The only ones I don't care for are the last two, which are remixes (I loathe remixed metal/rock tracks). I like all the anecdotes about each track and there are some good pics included inside. A must-buy for any fan of Danzig's music.
Old 08-21-07, 01:09 AM

Wow, I didn't even know this was out there! I am getting this tomorrow, thanks for the thread.
Old 08-21-07, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm so on the fence with Danzig because I loved his Misfits stuff and his work with Danzig was too different for me. I've been warming up to it of late, but not much reaches out and grabs me. Maybe I'll give this a chance though.
Old 08-21-07, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I could listen to Dirty Black Summer, Her Black Wings, Twist of Cain and Mother all day long.
Old 08-21-07, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Sistinas ...excellent song.