Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Daft Punk release live album

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Daft Punk release live album

Old 12-08-07, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiro11
Whatever. I would pay for a 2 hour, professionally produced DVD. So would lots of other people.
Me too. The best bootleg video I could find was still pretty shitty.
Old 12-08-07, 06:01 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This bootleg video is "shitty"?

http://www.stereogum.com/archives/vi...ster-stro.html

E
Old 12-09-07, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone else have problems getting the Limited Alive 2007? Amazon pushed my order back and Best Buy doesn't have any in stock.
Old 12-09-07, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4
It's clever, but 9 friggen minutes long. And gives me a headache. The ones I posted from Wireless are better, IMO.

Seriously, what about wanting a professionally produced video of an entire concert is so hard for you to comprehend?

Last edited by Hiro11; 12-09-07 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-09-07, 11:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by UAIOE
Anyone else have problems getting the Limited Alive 2007? Amazon pushed my order back and Best Buy doesn't have any in stock.
Yup. Still waiting for amazon to ship my copy.
Old 12-09-07, 09:39 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hiro11

Seriously, what about wanting a professionally produced video of an entire concert is so hard for you to comprehend?
I don't know. The same amount of comprehension lacking in Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo [Daft Punk].

E
Old 12-10-07, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4
1-2 songs does not equal a full concert length bootleg.

Therefore, I still stand by my previous comment. If you can find a full show that looks that good, I'll change my statement.
Old 12-10-07, 06:07 AM
Suspended

Look. You take footage, and edit it together. I've found it. Anyone who likes Daft Punk and is minimally computer literate can find it. It's just not being hosted for stream on the internets. I stand side-by-side with Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo in regards to the live dvd issue. There is not a need for one, there will never be a need for one. EVER.

E
Old 12-10-07, 10:20 AM

Best (streaming) link that I could find: (I had to use IE...Firefox kept crashing)
http://www.stage6.com/Coachella-Fans...Coachella-2006

This is THE Coachella bootleg from April 2006 that was put together by fans before the North American tour was announced..lots of us thought we'd probably not get to see them again for a LONG time.

The video clips were all submitted to one person, and it was all organized on the Coachella message boards. The guy who synced the music with the different clips and did a LOT of hard work is actually a member here. I hope he chimes in to this thread...

I don't know if this particular link has the credit scroll at the end of the video (a pixelated, hard to watch google video link cut it), but if it is, you'll see heimerswt as a contributor . My clips are easy to spot because they are in widescreen.

This is the best full length bootleg to date, as far as I know.

I, too, would pay LOTS of money to get a professionally shot version (like the Wireless festival footage).
Old 12-11-07, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

heimerSWT - Actually, I did find a torrent of the bootleg from Coachella. While being the best one I could find, some of the angles had the stage completely blocked, especially towards the end. The very end was just photos instead of the encore. I saw your name in the thanks, and wondered if it was you.

DeltaSigChi4 - Obviously, there is a need for one. Showing my friends concert videos has made them want to see the show themselves, garnering new fans to a group. If that is their intention, so be it. Don't get all pissy because I would like to watch a full, quality set.
Old 12-11-07, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by UAIOE
I was having trouble finding either edition, but finally got a copy of the limited edition at Border's last week. They only had one though, and I've yet to see another.
Old 12-11-07, 01:34 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by brokenhanger
I was having trouble finding either edition, but finally got a copy of the limited edition at Border's last week. They only had one though, and I've yet to see another.
strange very limited release of this album, actually went the import route and got my copy from the UK via CDWow. (content not different)
Old 12-12-07, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Giles
strange very limited release of this album, actually went the import route and got my copy from the UK via CDWow. (content not different)
And truthfully, the limited edition copy I picked up was made in Holland anyways.

A lot of the times on these limited edition things, I notice they just market the import. Probably cheaper for them then making an entirely new pressing.
Old 12-12-07, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

DP did the same thing with Alive 1997. Try to find a copy of that one these days. I think it was only on the market for two months and hard to find even then.
Old 12-12-07, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I bought that 1997 live CD at Best Buy listened to it once and traded it away some months later.

I wanted the Limited version for the Stardust song, now it seems I'm not going to be getting it.
Old 12-12-07, 05:54 PM

Old 12-13-07, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Where is the Coachella show that has the notes from "Close Encounters" at the beginning? The one on archive.org seems to be missing those notes.
Old 12-13-07, 10:10 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
question for either the Coachella or Wireless 07 show - how did they manage to move (or keep out of the way) the whole Pyramid mixing deck / lighting rigs into place since other bands shared the same stage?
Old 12-13-07, 10:32 AM

question for either the Coachella or Wireless 07 show - how did they manage to move (or keep out of the way) the whole Pyramid mixing deck / lighting rigs into place since other bands shared the same stage?
At Coachella, there was a big black curtain that covered up the pyramid. I was at a few shows earlier in the day, and had no clue there was something hidden back there the whole time. Audio Bully's played right before Daft Punk, and all they had to do was remove their turntables and mixers, and the tables they were on. The pyramid didn't move, it was just revealed.
Old 02-23-08, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Finally picked this up at Borders with a coupon for ~$13 bucks. Well worth it although I agree that a dvd might have been the way to go (not that I want to start that argument again).
Old 02-29-08, 09:11 AM

Fan DVD on it way to June 14th

A Fan DVD project is growing, leaded by me.

You can check it out HERE

I began this project at the end of 2007 by releasing a first version of the DVD made of videos directly downloaded from Youtube and .

People liked my work and asked to me to rebuild it with high-qual vids. So I tried to contact many people on the net who were at the Paris Bercy live show June 14th 2007.

Around 30 of them sent me their original footage and now I'm releasing one clip per week until June 14th 2008, when the full DVD and bonus DVD will be released.

Regards,
Old 02-29-08, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mbernier001
A Fan DVD project is growing, leaded by me.

You can check it out HERE
Sounds cool but you may not want to discuss it here as it seems to be an illegal project. Leaded the way!
Old 02-29-08, 01:04 PM
Suspended

Define illegal.

Daft Punk has ENCOURAGED fan art.

E
Old 02-29-08, 02:02 PM

Yer, I agree.

I sent them the first version of the DVD, with a letter explaining my plans (which are to release the DVD for Free, not selling it illegaly) and also saying, if ever they wanted to, I could stop the project.

I never got an answer but I still think that if they ask me to stop, I would stop. No questioning.

So ...
Old 03-01-08, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No worries. I am aware that Daft Punk encourages fan art but I'm sure they would have some issue with you selling this DVD unauthorized. I didn't realize you were giving away the DVD. Sign me up for one! As I said, it seems like a pretty cool project and I'd love to see the finished project.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.