DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Heaven and Hell DVD due on 8/28 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/507199-heaven-hell-dvd-due-8-28-a.html)

JOE29 07-23-07 08:07 PM

Heaven and Hell DVD due on 8/28

Heaven and Hell dvd comming out on 8/28 from Radio City Music Hall. I wonder if anyone has the details, songlist yet.

cactusoly 07-23-07 10:30 PM

http://www.black-sabbath.com/news/index.html

VHS? 07-24-07 12:14 AM

Video trailer HERE
Saw them on this tour and they kicked ass.I prefer Dio over Ozzy any day fronting Sabbath.I just prefer the style Dio brings to the band I guess...plus the fact I'm a huge Dio fan

Flashback 07-24-07 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by VHS?
Video trailer HERE
Saw them on this tour and they kicked ass.I prefer Dio over Ozzy any day fronting Sabbath.I just prefer the style Dio brings to the band I guess...plus the fact I'm a huge Dio fan

Trailer looked good and mark me as another who will always like Dio over Ozzy any day. Liked that it was at Radio City too, immediately brought back memories of seeing Maiden during the Powerslave tour.

JOE29 07-24-07 01:48 PM

The trailer looks good. As for Ozzy, I liked him back in the 70's with Black Sabbath originally but after he left I just never really caught on to him, yes he's had some good songs here and there, but I just never felt comfortable with him after he left Sabbath the first time.

B5Erik 07-25-07 09:49 PM

"Oh, no. Here it comes again...."

You bet your ass I'm getting this DVD!

DIO is THE MAN! His chemistry with Iommi and Butler is outstanding, and this tour has been phenomenal.

Jason 07-26-07 05:18 PM

I'm boycotting this because they were supposed to play here and didn't. :mad:

dvduser6 07-26-07 05:44 PM

I missed this tour and regretted it immensely. Can't wait to pick this up.

JOE29 07-27-07 10:48 AM

I missed the concert also, I had a funeral a day earlier and couldn't go to both, but anyway, i've been crying in my beer ever since. Sorry for missing Megadeth also.

cactusoly 07-31-07 02:15 PM

there is suppose to be an exclusive edition available only through Rhino with both the cd and dvd sets plus a bunch of goodies, but it is not available for preorder yet

Giles 07-31-07 02:34 PM

oh I thought you guys meant this :D

http://content.answers.com/main/cont...n_and_Hell.jpg

dvduser6 08-09-07 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by cactusoly
there is suppose to be an exclusive edition available only through Rhino with both the cd and dvd sets plus a bunch of goodies, but it is not available for preorder yet

Still no update on a bundled package for this release. I've been checking Rhine and no dice so far. Anybody else know anything? On another note, I broke down and picked up a pair of orchestra tickets to their upcoming Irvine, CA show in October. H&H, Queensryche, and Alice Cooper. Should be a great show!

Jason 08-09-07 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by cactusoly

Rhino also released a Mob Rules era show from the Hammersmith Odeon (sp), but it was on their "handmade" label and sold out almost instantaneously. Basically, it's supposed to basically be Live Evil done right.

Maybe someday it'll get a proper release.

VHS? 08-17-07 01:16 PM

The special edition pack of the Radio City Music Hall from Rhino has been delayed. The new release for that is now September 25th. No reason was given for the delay.This will not affect the individual disc releases due in a week or so.

Official word is that there is no high def release of this - at least not planned any time soon.This goes for both HD-DVD and BluRay.
This is odd since it was shot with HD cameras?

Official Heaven & Hell CD/DVD Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_pbftZLA_s

JOE29 08-19-07 02:31 PM

Just pre-orderd this from Amazon for $12. (Just the dvd concert). Not a bad price so I jumped on it.

dvduser6 09-07-07 02:01 PM

Just a quick bump. I've had this for about a week and the CDs haven't left my player since they arrived. To borrow an old quote from Henry Rollins: "Dio's vocals on there are so (expletive) righteous!" Amazing to hear him still hit those notes and have that much control in his voice. Can't wait to finally catch this live next month. I haven't watched the DVD yet, but am very excited about cranking it up this weekend. Enjoy!

JOE29 09-07-07 07:34 PM

The DVD is excellent. I've watched it a few times now. All the things from the Heaven and Hell cd are great, but I really like the songs they just recently made for the tour/ dvd . I and The Devil Cried are really good. This rates very high on my re-watchable dvd's.

B5Erik 09-08-07 02:01 AM

Dio is the man!

And Iommi, Butler, and Appice can still kick some serious ass! That band is a freaking musical juggernaut!

The DVD is, as expected, fantastic....

turborobb 09-08-07 05:54 AM

amazing what a great song list that is from just 3 albums!

No Ozzy era Sabbath or Dio solo songs thrown in. Not that I'm complaining about that.... but I always loved Dio singing the Ozzy Sabbath songs... I think he did them better... sorry Ozzy fans. and I wouldn't mind hearing Holy Diver with Iommi playing on it.

B5Erik 09-08-07 09:48 AM

I was thinking the same thing about "Holy Diver" - I think this lineup would bring a new feel to the song that would work brilliantly. That song just sounds like it was written for Iommi to play!

boc4ever 09-09-07 07:48 PM

Can't get enough of "Children of the Sea" - great deal for $11.99 at Target

Flashback 09-28-07 10:30 AM

FINALLY! got around to this. I have to say I am far from dissapointed. Actually it came out better than I thought it would and urge anyone that likes the Dio years (or just great metal) to get it ... but then again you probably did :)

dvduser6 10-09-07 02:09 PM

Quick bump just to say that the H&H show at Verizon Wireless in Irvine was flawless. Queensryche and Alice Cooper were just the icing on the cake. I think it's without a doubt one of the loudest live shows I've ever witnessed, but the sound mix was excellent. No muddiness or hiss. Can't say enough about how amazing these guys play together. While the set list was somewhat shorter (just over 90 minutes, I think) they sounded even tighter than they did on the Radio City recording. I really hope they decide to write another album together. :rock: