DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   What's the rarest CD in your collection? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/506981-whats-rarest-cd-your-collection.html)

prp2 07-21-07 12:06 AM

What's the rarest CD in your collection?

My CD collection has dwindled a lot in recent years. I don't really buy much new music these days and a lot of the CDs I used to have either went missing or I sold them.

The rarest CD that I still have I'd have to say is "Baypath Rd." by the band For Squirrels. I also have two of their "Plymouth" EP as well.

How 'bout you?

Hollowgen 07-21-07 12:37 AM

it WAS my withdrawn promo copy of Marilyn Manson's "Smells Like Children", but i needed some vacation money, so i sold it on ebay for a ridiculous amount.

now it's probably my japanese import of nirvana's "hormoaning"

cranberries fan 07-21-07 01:09 AM

This has been discuss before. It's getting old you know?

JAA 07-21-07 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by cranberries fan

You've only been here since March. What do you know about old? -wink-

rw2516 07-21-07 08:17 AM

German release of Neil Young's 'Time Fades Away'

REO Speedwagon's "Lost in a Dream" and "This Time We Mean It"

A lot of stuff goes in and out of print. Would have to check on these:

Ted Nugent- "Tooth, Fang, Claw" and "Call of the Wild"

Molly Hatchet- "Beatin' The Odds"

Blue Oyster Cult- "Spectres", "Club Ninja" and "Imaginos"

Adam Tyner 07-21-07 08:47 AM

Radio promos and bootlegs, mostly. Probably the single rarest is an original Kit Kat Acoustic Break CD with They Might Be Giants doing a live set. It was a short-lived series hosted by Pat DiNizio that was passed around to college radio stations, and I can't imagine there are more than 100-200 of those things floating around.

The Bus 07-21-07 09:45 AM

Coldplay's <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Coldplay-Mince-Spies-genuine-fanclub-release-very-rare_W0QQitemZ320137172852QQihZ011QQcategoryZ1049QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem">Mince Spies</a> EP.

hawk 07-21-07 10:36 AM

One of the rarest cds I have is a KBFH cd[w/commercials included] of the Talking Heads and Lou Reed that was meant only for radio not for sale.

prp2 07-21-07 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by cranberries fan

"Hi, parade control? Yeah, sir...it's looking a bit like rain soon. Getting dark and cloudy out here."

islandclaws 07-21-07 01:23 PM

<b>Type O Negative</b>: <i>The Origin of the Feces</i> original issue CD cover of Peter Steele's asshole.

Mondo Kane 07-21-07 02:00 PM

Body Count (w/ Cop Killer)

orderandlaw 07-21-07 03:47 PM

Negativland -self titled 1980 - #5142 hand-decorated with stenciled logo, magazine clippings, construction paper and wallpaper samples.

Negativland - A Big 10-8 Place - LP with wall map of Contra Costa County & lawn clippings.

Babes in Toyland - Spanking Machine, blue vinyl.

Hole - Pretty on the Inside, German-issued blue vinyl.

Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive, Picture Disc.

Talking Heads - Speaking in Tongues, clear vinyl.

Frank Zappa - Baby Snakes, picture disc.

Frank Zappa - You Are What You Is, picture disc.

Frank Zappa - We're Only in it for the Money. Verve blue label unedited pressing with original cutouts intact!!!

Frank Zappa & Captain Beefheart - Bongo Fury, with sleeve autographed by both FZ and CB!!!!!

Various other imports, hand decorated or colored vinyl doo-dads.

<---Worked in some record stores...

Mikael79 07-21-07 03:55 PM

I have a promo copy of Sparklehorse's debut album, Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot

Imail724 07-21-07 05:24 PM

We're In This Together Part 1 by Nine Inch Nails

uncle-frank 07-22-07 12:21 AM

i dont now about some people but were i live the few listed are impossible to find, i lucked out on all of them by checking up on used stores everyweek:

Pharoahe Monch: Internal Affairs
Twista: Adrenaline Rush
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Soundtrack
Jet Set Radio Future Soundtrack
2Pac: All Eyez on Me - original packaging (the cds are green, re-released ones are clear)
Clipse: Lord Willin' (2-Disc)

prp2 07-22-07 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by uncle-frank
2Pac: All Eyez on Me - original packaging (the cds are green, re-released ones are clear)

The CDs are green? Can you take a pic or something? I bought that years ago and guess I don't know what I have.

Dan 07-22-07 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Imail724

i have all three of those, plus the radio promo disc. :)

drainout 07-22-07 02:23 PM

KMFDM-Original Naive.

Hollowgen 07-22-07 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by orderandlaw
Negativland -self titled 1980 - #5142 hand-decorated with stenciled logo, magazine clippings, construction paper and wallpaper samples.

Negativland - A Big 10-8 Place - LP with wall map of Contra Costa County & lawn clippings.

Babes in Toyland - Spanking Machine, blue vinyl.

Hole - Pretty on the Inside, German-issued blue vinyl.

Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive, Picture Disc.

Talking Heads - Speaking in Tongues, clear vinyl.

Frank Zappa - Baby Snakes, picture disc.

Frank Zappa - You Are What You Is, picture disc.

Frank Zappa - We're Only in it for the Money. Verve blue label unedited pressing with original cutouts intact!!!

Frank Zappa & Captain Beefheart - Bongo Fury, with sleeve autographed by both FZ and CB!!!!!

Various other imports, hand decorated or colored vinyl doo-dads.

<---Worked in some record stores...

those aren't cds man!

UAIOE 07-23-07 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by drainout
KMFDM-Original Naive.

Same for me.

It's a shame they couldn't get rights to the sample for the re-master.

filmmusicfan 07-23-07 12:44 AM

an unknown number of 12inch white label vinyl test pressings of Madonna, Prince, Erasure, Depeche Mode

Madonna vinyl LP length picture discs

Madonna cd album and exclusive song promos

Prince shaped picture disc

original Disconnet 12 inch DJ ONLY mix vinyl releases

acetate from U2

Michael Jackson 45 vinyl colored discs

Michael Jackson "The Bad Mixes" sponsored by "Monster Cable" and produced, exclusively by Bruce Sweiden (?); all 10 copies are numbered and sealed

a complete set of London US Rolling Stones LP releases

Promo ONLY sales box promoting the Beatles "Anthology" release; the box is constructed to be the width of the number of a complete set of Beatle US releases, and the spine of this box has the spines of all of the Beatle Capitol LP's. Inside is a sales promotion notebook and other sales information

This is just the tip of the iceberg of what I have, that I can recall.

Michael Corvin 07-23-07 07:45 AM

Nothing fancy here. I do have:

Metallica - Mandatory Metallica ~ it's a double disc greatest hits that came out around '96 after Load. Radio stations gave 'em away. Supposedly only 800 or so were made. Probably worthless these days though since anyone can cobble together their own greatest hits.

DVD Josh 07-23-07 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

Metallica - Mandatory Metallica ~ it's a double disc greatest hits that came out around '96 after Load. Radio stations gave 'em away. Supposedly only 800 or so were made. Probably worthless these days though since anyone can cobble together their own greatest hits.

What's the tracklist on this Mike? Was it remastered?

db27 07-23-07 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

not worthless, still does quite well in auctions. as a mega tallica fan it was one that I wished I'd been able to get in on, but no dice. and I just don't see the point of paying premiums for tracks that I have already.

and to dvd josh, it is not remastered.

db27 07-23-07 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Imail724

this is my favorite series of CD's of all time, because I was able to get like 12 copies of each one and make big bank on ebay :) sometimes working in the industry doesn't suck! i cannot believe how much people would pay for these discs with 3 songs. thanks NIN!