DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   James Hetfield of Metallica = TERRORIST (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/505887-james-hetfield-metallica-%3D-terrorist.html)

DVD Josh 07-09-07 02:00 PM

James Hetfield of Metallica = TERRORIST

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids...r931647563.jpg

Metallica singer James Hetfield was investigated by UK airport officials who believed he was a terrorist this week, it has been claimed. The star was barred entry to Luton airport on Thursday and questioned by staff who were concerned about his appearance. Fears that Hetfield might be involved in terrorism were apparently founded on his "Taliban-like beard", according to The Times. He was allowed to leave the airport after a brief interrogation, when he persuaded officials that he was a rock star. Metallica play Live Earth at Wembley Stadium in London tomorrow, before headlining the venue for their own show on Sunday evening.

TripWire 07-09-07 02:04 PM

haha yeah I saw that linked off Drudge..how fuckin retarted, profiling by facial hair.

DVD Josh 07-09-07 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by TripWire
haha yeah I saw that linked off Drudge..how fuckin retarted, profiling by facial hair.

I'm by no means an expert, but don't Muslims also shun body art?

islandclaws 07-09-07 02:12 PM

"Taliban-like beard"? Christ, I guess anyone in metal is going to have to watch out then. Zakk Wylde would get a full cavity search with that forest on his face. Although, in their defense, <i>Load</i> and <i>Reload</i> could be seen as an act of terrorism...

wishbone 07-09-07 02:15 PM

rotfl on James Hetfield convincing the airport officials that he is a rock star; not guitarist or lead vocals or simply with the band Metallica, he is a rock star!
:rock2:

cungar 07-09-07 02:44 PM

Have to admit the guy is pretty scary looking in a hillbilly/prison inmate kind of way.

JasonF 07-09-07 02:54 PM

That explains why ZZ Top hasn't toured recently!

nodeerforamonth 07-09-07 05:28 PM

Nice to see that the UK officials at least have the balls to profile! Here in the good 'ol US, we'll give an 80 year old grandmother the same treatment that James got!

VHS? 07-09-07 05:41 PM

I really hope James sat back and laughed the entire time with a sense of humor because this has to be the most retarded shit I have ever heard of.
Now people will be linked to terrorism because of beards.....this has George W. written all over it.

VHS? 07-09-07 06:27 PM

Yes, the spiders web :lol:

al_bundy 07-09-07 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I'm by no means an expert, but don't Muslims also shun body art?

except for the ones in prison

VHS? 07-09-07 07:02 PM

Leave Mike Tyson out of this!

vegasbaby 07-09-07 08:25 PM

Hetfield = Psychos R Us

Linn1 07-10-07 12:10 AM

Ha...

Originally Posted by VHS?
Now people will be linked to terrorism because of beards.....this has George W. written all over it.

yeah, he's British now too eh? More like it's got people scared of getting blown up written all over it.

johnbook 07-10-07 01:00 AM

Now if James would let it grow in the back of his head instead of the front, maybe i'll remember him, you to Lars... :hairpull:

VHS? 07-10-07 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Linn1
yeah, he's British now too eh?

Yes, that exactly what I meant :rolleyes:
'If you have a long beard that resembles the Muslim look, you might be a redne...terrorist'

db27 07-10-07 06:52 AM

haha, this rocks. I love het, I'm sure he had a good laugh about this.

das Monkey 07-10-07 09:24 AM

I don't know which is funnier/stupider:

1) Hetfield being suspected as a terrorist because of facial hair
2) Hetfield getting out of it by convincing officials he's a rock star
3) Blaming George Bush for stupidity in England

das

The Bus 07-10-07 10:03 AM

I thought they had him arrested for being a prat. He would not have been able to argue himself out of that one. :(

wendersfan 07-10-07 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Nice to see that the UK officials at least have the balls to profile! Here in the good 'ol US, we'll give an 80 year old grandmother the same treatment that James got!

This is indeed proof that profiling works! :rolleyes:

Turd Ferguson 07-10-07 10:31 AM

Do Not Enter Sandman!

GuessWho 07-10-07 10:46 AM

...just like a wartime novelty...

Cardiff Giant11 07-10-07 04:39 PM

I'm sure in Metallicas eyes anyone who has ever downloaded a song or copied a CD is a terrorist so I say what goes around comes around :)