DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Disney Concert Ticket Prices (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/505345-disney-concert-ticket-prices.html)

spammied 07-03-07 11:45 AM

Disney Concert Ticket Prices

Why are they so expensive? I took the family to see the Cheetah Girls/Everlife concert at the beginning of the year, and the prices were outrageous. Over $200 for us to go (4). Then, come to find out that the souvenir prices for Disney artists are JUST as EXPENSIVE as the typical artist/group....Why can't Disney cut parents a break and lower their prices for the tix and souvenirs? Even just a little.

Giles 07-03-07 12:20 PM

I wish I was in Disney when Steps did their show! and the concert in tv form was great! some mid age bloke was having a blast, you could tell he was a fan cause he was singing along (the editing/camera angles were trying to avoid him but it was rather pointless) - if I were there I would have stood right next to him and sung along.... :D

cungar 07-03-07 12:23 PM

You expect Disney, the company that charges $53 admission for a 3 year old kid to go to Disneyland for one day to care about family ticket prices to one of their concerts?

spammied 07-03-07 02:41 PM

ummm...it would be nice if Disney did just that...to care about concert prices/souvenirs. I just think it would be to their advantage...families would go to their concerts more often....thereby creating more money for the company. I just don't understand why their ticket prices for the "bubble gum" pop music artists need to be that extreme. I looked at prices for the recent concerts here by Aly & AJ, etc. Hilary Duff...and after all the fees those concert prices are just as bad as the groups that we're used to paying thru the nose for, kwim? I do have to give the group B5 credit though, they came here last summer and the ticket prices were decent and so were prices of their souvenirs. Kudos to them.

IMRICKJAMES 07-03-07 03:50 PM

I'm still laughing at the fact you thought Disney concert tickets weren't going to be expensive. Come on, its Disney

The quick answer to why...because they can. Its called the free market place. If you can fill up a concert venue at 50 bucks and you can still fill up the same venue at 60 bucks you'd be a fool not to charge 60.

Jason 07-03-07 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by cungar
You expect Disney, the company that charges $53 admission for a 3 year old kid to go to Disneyland for one day to care about family ticket prices to one of their concerts?

Ouch.

Well, they're getting rid of the crappy DVD sequels, maybe next they'll tackle high prices.

spammied 07-03-07 04:53 PM

It's still sad when the "bubble-gum music" fans think those concerts are too expensive to go to...

spammied 07-03-07 04:56 PM

"I'm still laughing at the fact you thought Disney concert tickets weren't going to be expensive. Come on, its Disney

The quick answer to why...because they can. Its called the free market place. If you can fill up a concert venue at 50 bucks and you can still fill up the same venue at 60 bucks you'd be a fool not to charge 60."

Disney is backing the group "B5", so how is it that this group had great ticket prices with decent souvenir prices?

IMRICKJAMES 07-03-07 05:03 PM

hmmm maybe its due to the fact that no one has ever heard of B5.

you cant have high prices for B5 or no one would be there.