Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Vegoose 2007

Old 06-27-07, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Vegoose 2007

VEGOOSE IS BACK!

The third annual installment of this dynamic entertainment experience will take place in Las Vegas over Halloween weekend at Sam Boyd Stadium on Saturday, October 27th and Sunday, October 28th. Check back for info about the initial lineup of confirmed acts and tickets. Vegoose at Night, a series of nighttime concerts will present a variety of artists at marquee venues throughout the city starting on Friday, October 26th and running through Sunday, October 28th.
Billboard confirmed Rage Against The Machine as one of the headliners. Additional headliners are rumored to be Dave Matthews Band and The Beastie Boys.
Old 06-27-07, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Beastie Boys?
Rage?

Dave Matthews Band? Fuck that. The reason I didn't go to Vegoose 2006 was mostly due to the mass amounts of fucking terrible jam bands apart of the line-up. I swear to God, if that trend continues this year, count me out.
Old 06-27-07, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Beastie Boys?
Rage?

Dave Matthews Band? Fuck that. The reason I didn't go to Vegoose 2006 was mostly due to the mass amounts of fucking terrible jam bands apart of the line-up. I swear to God, if that trend continues this year, count me out.
I hate the Dave Matthews Band but support any decision that will draw people to this festival and allow it to continue. DMB's fans travel...they buy tickets...simple as that. Vegoose is an amazing fest, and I just want it to be successful.

Further, at these types of fests, it's always the smaller bands I'm interested in. The best Vegoose shows I've seen were by Built to Spill, Guster, the Raconteurs, the Decemberists and Ween (though Beck was a headliner and fucking awesome). All of those were in the middle of the day. I don't care who headlines (though RATM rules). Anything that keeps this fest going gets my support. I blame Tom Petty for almost single handedly killing it last year...so excited to see him and he churned out the most God awful half-assed performance possible.
Old 06-28-07, 05:00 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Arcade Fire, No Sale.

I live in Vegas, and I travel to attend festivals all the time, but if these hacks can't get Arcade Fire to play [and they failed to at 'Roo (these are the same organizers)], even though AF is open to playing every festival on the face of the earth, then I'm not going.

E
Old 07-02-07, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4
No Arcade Fire, No Sale.

I live in Vegas, and I travel to attend festivals all the time, but if these hacks can't get Arcade Fire to play [and they failed to at 'Roo (these are the same organizers)], even though AF is open to playing every festival on the face of the earth, then I'm not going.

E
Not sure that Superfly has the clout to convince them to cancel an entire European tour to play Vegoose.

Other rumored headliners I've heard:

The Beastie Boys
Radiohead
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Radiohead's the only one I'm interested in. The Beastie Boys are far past their glory days, and RHCP has been absolutely wretched for the past 10 or more years.
Old 07-03-07, 10:08 PM

Actually the new Beasties album is super cool, IMO.
Old 07-06-07, 04:56 PM

Glassjaw is the second confirmed act for the festival.
Old 07-11-07, 03:19 PM
Suspended

"Not sure that Superfly has the clout to convince them to cancel an entire European tour to play Vegoose."

The fact of the matter is that the UK tour was barely just announced. Superfly could've easily booked them PRIOR to them announcing the UK dates.

E
Old 07-25-07, 01:51 AM

So the downhill trend continues with Vegoose. The Bonnaroo lineup gets weaker every year too.

There are a few good bands like Gogol Bordello and Cypress Hill but their festivals are going downhill and getting bands closer to Coachella.

Beastie Boys would be nice especially if they play a little of all their material. Interesting choice if they do come since they did start out as a jam band and then moved to rap.

Last edited by FestivalDude; 07-25-07 at 01:53 AM.
Old 07-25-07, 09:44 AM

If I wasn't already planning on a Vegas trip the weekend before, I would fly in for this just to see Daft Punk again.