Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Really annoying artists/bands

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Really annoying artists/bands

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-07, 06:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tscott
Rage Against the Machine - Every single damn thing is political to these guys and they don't shut up about it.
I agree with RATM. They try to be political but they're real hyprocital about it. They attack corporate America...then sign with Sony (I think), fight censorship then allow their major label to put an advisory sticker on their albums, they show up on MTV, etc, etc, etc...

And I'll take some heat for this one...but the Beatles annoy the hell out of me. Maybe not so much them, but just the people who annoit them bigger than anything ever in music.

And any current rock band that has a member or members with the douche bag hair cut. You know the one. Every mainstream rock band seems to have them.
Old 06-20-07, 07:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also

Muse
Coldplay
Arctic Monkeys
Travis
Aqualung
Keane
Old 06-20-07, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lee Harvey Oswald
I agree with RATM. They try to be political but they're real hyprocital about it. They attack corporate America...then sign with Sony (I think), fight censorship then allow their major label to put an advisory sticker on their albums, they show up on MTV, etc, etc, etc...

And I'll take some heat for this one...but the Beatles annoy the hell out of me. Maybe not so much them, but just the people who annoit them bigger than anything ever in music.

And any current rock band that has a member or members with the douche bag hair cut. You know the one. Every mainstream rock band seems to have them.
I remember during the 90s some music magazines having a field day with the singer 'cause he used to be spotted buying on stores like The Gap and a few others that employ people on sweatshops in Latin America.

About the haircut, you mean like the silly "emo" kind?

Last edited by polietilen; 06-20-07 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-21-07, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm surprised Radiohead hasn't become an arguing point in this thread yet, as the fans are too protective and the haters are too unforgiving. (This coming from somebody who considers Radiohead his favorite group.)
-ringding-
Old 06-21-07, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My chemical romance is extremly annoying. I can't stand any of that emo shit, My life is so hard...Bla, Bla, Bla...who gives a shit.
Pink Floyd is overrated and that "leave those kids alone" song is so god damn annoying. Nickelback is just horrible.

& anything that comes from American Idol is always horrible, annoying garbage.
Old 06-21-07, 08:43 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by DrRingDing
I'm surprised Radiohead hasn't become an arguing point in this thread yet, as the fans are too protective and the haters are too unforgiving. (This coming from somebody who considers Radiohead his favorite group.)
-ringding-
yeah it's hard to make any sort of negative comment about them without the hounds of hell being unleashed... but yes their last two albums were grating IMO... (runs and hides)
Old 06-21-07, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Giles
yeah it's hard to make any sort of negative comment about them without the hounds of hell being unleashed... but yes their last two albums were grating IMO... (runs and hides)
Radiohead gets a pass with me because I love The Bends and OK Computer, but I can see how they would annoy the living crap out of lots of people.

Personally, Antony of Antony and the Johnsons annoys the crap out of me.

RATM is a great choice. I like some of their stuff, but their overly dramatic "we're bucking the system, man!" pose and some of Morello's "look what I can do with an electric guitar!" sound effects are really irritating. Their rhythm section is excellent, though.

I'm shocked no one's mentioned Morrissey or Rush yet. I love them both, but they're two of the most polarizing artists around.
Old 06-21-07, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Black Eyed Peas
Outkast
White Stripes

My Chemical Romance
Good Charlotte
Counting Crows
Fall Out Boy
All American Rejects
Korn
Old 06-21-07, 09:09 AM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiro11
Much like James Blunt, this was a person I'd successfully blocked from my consciousness until this thread reminded me of their existence. Thanks, guys.

To explain my earlier post, Colin Meloy of The Decemberists is my current pick for world's most annoying human. He's just unbelievably pretentious.
Old 06-21-07, 09:13 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Jamie Cullem - for eviscerating Radiohead's 'High and Dry'

Radiohead gets a pass with me because I love The Bends and OK Computer, but I can see how they would annoy the living crap out of lots of people.

RATM is a great choice. I like some of their stuff, but their overly dramatic "we're bucking the system, man!" pose and some of Morello's "look what I can do with an electric guitar!" sound effects are really irritating. Their rhythm section is excellent, though.

I'm shocked no one's mentioned Morrissey or Rush yet. I love them both, but they're two of the most polarizing artists around.
I agree 'The Bends' and 'OK Computer' are incredible, (and as I pointed out) I thought the redirection of their sound just came across as pompous.
[Thom - go back and actually write memorable tunes.]

Last edited by Giles; 06-21-07 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-21-07, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Originally Posted by nateman241
My chemical romance is extremly annoying.
Quoted for TRUTH!

The Killers is another band that annoys the crap out of me.
Old 06-21-07, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Lee Harvey Oswald
They're not as bad as a band called International Noise Conspiracy. These guys mention in every single interview how bad capitalism is and how capitalism is the cause of all the world's problems. I saw the Hives open for them a couple years ago. INC had THE largest merch stand I've ever seen! It had to be about 5 tables long. They were selling EVERYTHING (books, CDs, 7"s, LPs, shirts, etc..). At full price! I could kind understand their point of view if they were selling things at cost ($1 a CD, $5 a book, $3 a shirt), but they were making a ton of profit on their vast array of merchendise.
Old 06-21-07, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cranberries fan
What you say Pink Floyd
They're hippies. They're boring. They're slow. The singer sounds like he's falling asleep. Nothing more annoying than that! (Unless you're taking "medication" to "enhance" your listening pleasure... and if you have to do that to enjoy a band, they just can't be that good.)
Old 06-21-07, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
Rush's lyrics are bad enough, but when they're sung by Geddy's piercing shriek, it's just that much worse.
Old 06-21-07, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by DrRingDing
-ringding-
I think people still hasn't given up on them making another great album, 'cause they felt that those last 2 records were very hit-and-miss, myself included. I haven't met someone who despises them vehemently though. I think they're way too talented musicians for somebody to hate them. Even one of my best friends, who finds them overrated, likes to listen to Pablo Honey when I put it on.
Old 06-21-07, 10:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Maxflier
The Killers is another band that annoys the crap out of me.
I've met these guys on quite a few occasions. All four of them are pretentious dicks. I can't stand them.

I'd also add:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Green Day (didn't bug me till I saw them live on their last tour...worst show I've ever seen)
String Cheese Incident
She Wants Revenge
The Eagles
The Doors
Old 06-21-07, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Gdrlv
I've met these guys on quite a few occasions. All four of them are pretentious dicks. I can't stand them.

I'd also add:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Green Day (didn't bug me till I saw them live on their last tour...worst show I've ever seen)
String Cheese Incident
She Wants Revenge
The Eagles
The Doors
How come this is like not even remotely surprising? Just that comment he made about Sam's Town being the best album of the last 20 years guarantees that these guys are some of the biggest pricks in music.
Old 06-21-07, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Maroon 5
Old 06-21-07, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
What??
Old 06-21-07, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
Rush's lyrics are bad enough, but when they're sung by Geddy's piercing shriek, it's just that much worse.
You sir are insane

No seriously, I love Rush but they are an extremely polarizing band. People either love them or hate them. Steely Dan is much like that as well.

I agree with alot of what's been said here though (definitely not the Floyd bashing though), especially the "modern rock" bands mentioned.
Old 06-21-07, 04:50 PM

I will second the no love for Bob Marley. Honestly, if his music wasn't associated with pot, he would have almost no fans. Personally, the only Bob Marley I like is the white comedian from the Boston area.

I also do not like Rolling Stones and the Dave Matthews Band. I do not see why they both are so popular.
Old 06-21-07, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by TeamAnS
I will second the no love for Bob Marley. Honestly, if his music wasn't associated with pot, he would have almost no fans. Personally, the only Bob Marley I like is the white comedian from the Boston area.
I just want to dispute this idea, not your opinion: I very rarely smoke pot (and I certainly never did before a few years ago) and I love and have loved Bob Marley for at least a decade now.
-ringding-
Old 06-21-07, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Gwen Stefani has got to be the hottest chick in music that writes the most annoying songs EVAR. Seriously. I have to hear them at the gym sometimes and they drive me up a fucking wall. Does she even listen to this shit before she spews it forth upon the country like a sack full of moldy diarrhea?
Old 06-21-07, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I'm not sure of the band's name, but it is the shitty band that sang the song with the lyrics:

"Come my lady, come come my lady, you're my butterfly..."
Old 06-21-07, 08:32 PM

coldpay
radiohead
my morning jacket
death cab for cutie
smashing pumpkins
rhcp
foo fighters
chris cornell
nickleback
3rd eye blind
oasis
white stripes

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.