Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Prince - Planet Earth (7/17/07) -- special guests Wendy And Lisa

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Prince - Planet Earth (7/17/07) -- special guests Wendy And Lisa

Old 08-02-07, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Umm...excuse me?
Old 08-02-07, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Oh lord...are we gonna have a Prince-off?
Old 08-02-07, 02:37 PM

I think it's the most consistent of his last three albums. What song do Wendy and Lisa play on? Is it the last track?
Old 08-02-07, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hdtv00
How was it free at best buy?
I was buying both Silvechair and Prince new album's. The girl forgot to scan Planet Earth.
Old 08-04-07, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by FILMCZY
I think it's the most consistent of his last three albums. What song do Wendy and Lisa play on? Is it the last track?
the one u wanna c.
lion of judah.

course, that is, iirc.
Old 08-05-07, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
It sounds like they're on a few tracks.

Then again, who knows? There are no credits and they were never in the studio together. He just sent 'em the tracks and they peed on it and then sent it back.
Old 08-24-07, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow just got my new SPIN mag, they the new album.....lol. 4 and 1/2 stars out of 5, making it a half star shy of a classic album....wow um......wow.
Old 08-24-07, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i got this last weekend and i feel it's the kind of album that grows on you after repeated listenings. for some reason, after my 3rd spin, i went back and listened to Musicology and 3121 back to back.
Old 08-24-07, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by hdtv00
Wow just got my new SPIN mag, they the new album.....lol. 4 and 1/2 stars out of 5, making it a half star shy of a classic album....wow um......wow.
Well, the 1 1/2 that Blender gave it should balance it out:
Prince: far from Alphabet St., can't find his way home

Dude is the Mozart of Minnesota, the link in the genius chain between Dylan and Timbaland. If America was a self-respecting nation, there'd be a street named after him in every city. Alas, if they're based on this record, we'll find ourselves striding Vague Call to Goodness Street (title track), Hey Remember Parade Avenue ("All the Midnights In the World") or stepping lightly down I Came B4 Text Messaging Boulevard ("the One U Wanna C"). We may enjoy the passage from This Would Once Have Been a B-Side Road ("Chelsea Rodgers") to Riff Lifted From U2 with a Conceit from Toby Keith Crescent ("Guitar"). Still, we'll wind up lost in the alleys of Organized Religion Is Boring ("Lion Of Judah," "Resolution"), praying dude finds his way again.
Old 08-26-07, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Does anyone have a list of where Prince's tour will be taking him? I would love to see him live.
Old 08-26-07, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

No tour in the US to support this POS. He's doing a ton of shows in the UK at the O2 / Millennium Dome. Here're the remaining dates (in case you happen to be in the UK):

* Tuesday Aug 28th
* Friday Aug 31st
* Saturday Sept 1st
* Thursday Sept 6th
* Sunday Sept 9th
* Wednesday Sept 12th
* Thursday Sept 13th
* Sunday Sept 16th
* Thursday Sept 20th
* Friday Sept 21st
Old 08-28-07, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think even Prince himself realizes what a dud this album is, when I saw him on 7/7, he only did "Guitar" and "The One U Wanna C" from the album. Generally artists try to really milk their most recent albums instead of barely grazing over two tracks (two of which are regarded as the salvagable tracks), while playing just as many tracks from the previous album.

I have given the album multiple listens to try and grow on me and it just keeps leaving me cold, and I am someone who couldn't stop listening to 3121