DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   The Eagles - The Long Road Out of Eden - October 30th! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/503033-eagles-long-road-out-eden-october-30th.html)

Michael T Hudson 11-07-07 08:43 AM

LOS ANGELES The Eagles beat Britney Spears for the top spot on the Billboard 200 Top Albums chart this week.

The band's new album "Long Road Out of Eden" debuted at No. 1 on the chart by selling 711,000 copies during its first week of release, Billboard.com reported Tuesday.

Spears' album "Blackout" sold 290,000 copies.

The Eagles' first album in 28 years landed on top after Billboard revised a policy which considers albums sales even when they're only sold exclusively by one retailer.

Billboard changed its policy after Wal-Mart, which had exclusive rights to sell the Eagles album in its stores and on its Web site, agreed to release its sales numbers, Geoff Mayfield, Billboard's director of charts said.

Decker 11-07-07 09:11 AM

Interesting. I was expecting to not see the Eagles on the album charts because of the Wal-Mart exclusivity thing; I remember that being a factor in other albums in the past.

Michael T Hudson 11-10-07 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by ringside
These things are selling like crazy on ebay. I bought it for $12 at walmart, ripped it, and sold it used on ebay for $20. Weird world.

That is crazy when you can buy it right from the site direct.

http://eagles.shop.musictoday.com/De...x?cp=458_12497

cungar 11-11-07 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by ringside
These things are selling like crazy on ebay. I bought it for $12 at walmart, ripped it, and sold it used on ebay for $20. Weird world.

Why? Is it people who don't have a Walmart nearby?

bigjim25 11-17-07 10:55 PM

This is going to make a few people mad but I was at Sam's Club and they had a Deluxe Edition in a hardback type book with a 40 page booklet inside for $12.88. It had 2 bonus songs also but if you have The Very Best of The Eagles you have those: Hole In The World & Please Come Home For Christmas. I think this is pretty shitty to release this a couple weeks after the other version came out. Luckily I haven't got it yet cause Santa is bringing me one if I can get the fat man & his little old lady to go get it. ;)

DaveWadding 11-17-07 10:58 PM

Bastards.

zombiezilla 11-18-07 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by cungar
Why? Is it people who don't have a Walmart nearby?

I didn't think that was anyone LEFT who didn't have a Wal-Mart nearby. lol

Buckleyesque 11-20-07 03:04 AM

What does everyone think of the actual MUSIC contained within these 2 CDs though. Now that its been at least 2 weeks since the release, do you think it holds up. Would you call it an 'instant classic'?

A-aron 11-20-07 09:26 AM

I actually still have it in my car CD player. There are a number of tracks that have certainly grabbed me - "Somebody" and "Last Good Time in Town" are two off the top of my head. The title track is also pretty good - IMO. The only song I tend to skip is that "Love to Watch a Woman Dance" - that one just doesn't hook me at all.

fsubruce 11-23-07 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by bigjim25
This is going to make a few people mad but I was at Sam's Club and they had a Deluxe Edition in a hardback type book with a 40 page booklet inside for $12.88. It had 2 bonus songs also but if you have The Very Best of The Eagles you have those: Hole In The World & Please Come Home For Christmas.

I saw this "deluxe" edition at Wal-Mart a few days ago for $13.88 so it's not exclusive to Sam's.

Decker 10-08-11 12:31 PM

Re: The Eagles - The Long Road Out of Eden - October 30th!

Didn't think it needed its own thread, but while seeing Henley at the Hard Rock Joint last night, he mentioned that in honor of their 40th Anniversary next year, the Eagles will put out a documentary, tour and hinted at a new album as well. First I have heard of that, so I thought I'd post here. I ended up liking Eden quite a lot, so I look forward to this as well. BTW, Henley has a country album coming out soon. Not a huge country fan, but I'll check it out anyway. Only song (presumably) from it that he played last night was a cover of "It Don't Matter To The Sun", which I'm familiar with from the Garth Brooks version from the pretty terrible "Chris Gains" album.

sherm42 10-08-11 12:47 PM

I'm seeing the Eagles in concert on November 19 at the MGM Grand in Vegas. Floor seats. Cannot wait.

Decker 10-08-11 12:56 PM

Nice. I might spring for that show too ( or the 11/5 show instead) but tix are really expensive. If I can find cheap seats on Stub Hub maybe. I got 11th row seats to last night's show on the day before with a $125 face price for $39 each, so you never know.
Don's voice was unfortunately a little ragged which he apologized for and blamed on the dry desert air. It wasn't too bad at all, but still I hope he buys a humidifier in the next month.

gmanca 10-08-11 09:20 PM

Too bad Henley and Frey had that fight with Felder, would have been a good reunion.

mickey65 10-09-11 08:15 AM

Felder's book is actually pretty good (you can find it on Amazon for under $10), altho he would keep referring to Frey/Henley as "The Gods" thru-out - which I found pretty annoying.