DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Who's going to Ozzfest 2007 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/503010-whos-going-ozzfest-2007-a.html)

DaveCole 06-09-07 09:38 AM

Who's going to Ozzfest 2007

Anyone else buy the new Ozzy cd and get your tickets last night? After 4 hours of not being able to log on to livenation and/or getting errored out once I was in the queue, I finally managed to get my tix for the KC show. This would have worked out so much better if they had staggered the dates for each show, instead of having everyone hit it last night for all of the shows. Oh well, it's free and my tickets aren't horrible so I can't complain.

DeltaSigChi4 06-09-07 10:08 AM

Not I.

E

cactusoly 06-09-07 04:44 PM

I got my tix last night too. what a pain in the ass. I waited 2 1/2 hours and got shitty seats anyway. it soured me to the whole experience and I'm not sure if I'm going. I would have prefered to pay for them and have a better lineup.

bearkiss 06-09-07 05:01 PM

I agree... the lineup is not that good... and being a free show you're going to get every a-hole that doesn't care about the bands or the music - they're just there for a free show and to get drunk (I'm not a prude - I just hate bad concert-goers!)

Goz 06-09-07 06:31 PM

I might go just to see Behemoth, as they are the only band playing that I care about.

mndtrp 06-10-07 01:17 AM

I would have, but it's at Fiddler's Green. Therefore, I refuse to go.

Shagrath 06-10-07 07:42 AM

I totally forgot to do this on the 8th (with the Black Rain pre-order thing), so I just did it now. Mainly going for Lordi and Behemoth.

islandclaws 06-11-07 02:59 PM

Completely passing on this. I don't need to sweat it out in the heat of San Bernardino for 10 hours with every drunk jackass that got free tickets to a weak-ass show. I'm done with Ozzfest for good.

CTH 06-12-07 09:29 AM

I'll pass. Even for free this lineup is weak.

gerrythedon 06-12-07 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannabis
Completely passing on this. I don't need to sweat it out in the heat of San Bernardino for 10 hours with every drunk jackass that got free tickets to a weak-ass show. I'm done with Ozzfest for good.

Yeah my brother got us 2 tickets [Ozzy's CD], although we didn't plan on going. Never been to Ozzfest and he mentioned the heat as a major reason on not being worth it. We have the tickets in case we decide to go at the last minute, but doubtful. [I only care for Lamb of God and have already seen them in February.]

sassylaurie 06-12-07 04:26 PM

Got tickets for the Alpine Valley show in East Troy, Wisconsin. After waitinf online for 3 hours. Tried to get tickets to the Ohio show but it was sold out.

Have been to 4 ozzfest shows in the past. Have not been there in a couple of years now though.

boc4ever 06-12-07 07:13 PM

I was considering going, even though there really isn't anyone on the lineup that thrills me. However, I have been online for 75 minutes now to get tx and I'm about to bail because it just ain't worth it...

Shagrath 06-13-07 09:01 AM

Glad I went ahead and bought the Ozzy cd (even though I think it sucks), just so I was guaranteed two tickets early. I really hate huge festivals, but this is probably the only way I'll get to see Lordi for some time. They completely skipped Florida on their club tour this Spring.

Ozzy's Bat Head 06-15-07 12:28 AM

Well, my friend just told me that he scored 2 tickets to the Seattle show and I was excited...until I saw the lineup. What is up with these Horror-style bands?!

I'll still go to see Hatebreed and Lamb of God, and just the best, pure freakshow viewing to be had. I went to Ozzfest 2 years ago and it still ranks up there as the best people watching experience I ever had. I love the peeps that take their bands so seriously. Especially the oh-so-spooky devil worshipers, good times.

Osiris 06-16-07 11:37 AM

This is a definate pass.

Josh-da-man 06-17-07 01:16 AM

Pass on this.

I will be catching Lamb of God, Hatebreed, 3IOB, and Behemoth on one of the off-Ozzfest dates at a small venue, though. (Really, that's all you need. Couldn't care less about seeing Ozzy and Zakk again.)

Rypro 525 06-17-07 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Pass on this.

I will be catching Lamb of God, Hatebreed, 3IOB, and Behemoth on one of the off-Ozzfest dates at a small venue, though. (Really, that's all you need. Couldn't care less about seeing Ozzy and Zakk again.)

same here (rams head, you are from bmore right?) i can't stand 3 inches of blood though, i saw them a couple of years ago and the loud shrieking almost gave me a headache (chimaria, six feet under and all that remains were the other bands playing)

Josh-da-man 06-17-07 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
same here (rams head, you are from bmore right?)

No, Wichita, KS, at the Cotillion in July. My girlfriend and I will be visiting family in Wichita that week, so it works out. (Actually, we planned it around the concert.)

Already saw LoG earlier this year at the Beaumont in Kansas City with Machine Head, Trivium, and Gojira. Decent show, but the club wasn't exactly ideal. It was super-crowded (I think they sold out the 1500 capacity) and there was pretty much no stage so you couldn't see shit unless you were up in the front.

The Cotillion should be a better experience since it's a ballroom with a capacity of 2000+. I've been to a few concerts there, and it has a great stage and good acoustics.

http://www.wichitaphotos.org/graphic...-12.70.3.2.jpg

I've seen Testament, Sepultura, Napalm Death, Body Count/Ice-T, Megadeth, and a few others I've can't recall right now there.

jdodd 06-17-07 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I've seen Testament, Sepultura, Napalm Death, Body Count/Ice-T, Megadeth, and a few others I've can't recall right now there.

It blows me away to imagine those acts playing that room. :lol: