DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   "Lies" by BILLY TALENT - the best song nobody's heard (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/501404-lies-billy-talent-best-song-nobodys-heard.html)

Buttmunker 05-23-07 09:17 AM

"Lies" by BILLY TALENT - the best song nobody's heard

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Talent_(album)

This song apparently was available since the late 90's, and so far as I know (which isn't a lot), its never received airtime.

I just happened upon this song by complete accident, but it is now one of my favorites.

If you can find this song somewhere, do yourself a favor and give it a listen. It is instantly catchy punk.

gmal2003 05-23-07 01:51 PM

I am a huge Billy Talent fan. Saw them this past Friday and they were awesome. I think they are a better version of Green Day IMHO. "Lies" is a solid song, esp. the breakdown. Id highly reccommend both of there albums.

Other songs to check out by BT:
Devil in a Midnight Mass
This is How it Goes
The EX
Burn the Evidence
Line & Sinker

Both of their albums are really strong.

mdc3000 05-23-07 04:43 PM

if you like that, get their records...oh, and maybe your title should be "best song/BAND nobody in the US has heard of" because BT are HUGE in Canada and have been since their debut album came out in '03. The lead singer used to work at Toronto's biggest radio station, 102.1 The Edge and they get MASSIVE airplay here (which is part of why someone from Detroit knows what's up :) ) Check out their records, you will not be disappointed, and if you can see them live, do it - they're wild.

movieking 05-23-07 07:22 PM

Yeah, they play here quite regularly, and they are great in concert.

cultshock 05-23-07 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by mdc3000
if you like that, get their records...oh, and maybe your title should be "best song/BAND nobody in the US has heard of" because BT are HUGE in Canada and have been since their debut album came out in '03. The lead singer used to work at Toronto's biggest radio station, 102.1 The Edge and they get MASSIVE airplay here

Yep, that's the station I first heard them on (and I've heard "Lies" plenty of times :) ) I remember when Ben was still working at The Edge, and he would be on the air, telling folks about upcoming local Billy Talent shows . They've come a long way, and they're a damn good band. And yes, the band's name comes from the film HARD CORE LOGO.

project86 05-23-07 08:56 PM

I like the song living in the shadows alright, but that guys voice gets on my nerves.

gmal2003 05-23-07 10:27 PM

Very true. I first heard them on a local station rock station 89X which is based out of Canada.

juanmgonzalez 05-28-07 05:10 PM

I saw them open for Rise Against last year - I promptly picked up their CD's the next day.

mdc3000 05-28-07 10:49 PM

That's funny, because up here, Rise Against opened up for them!

scarredgod 05-29-07 04:01 AM

i didnt know the band before the thread but i love them now, high energy and a voice i really like, great band from what ive heard so far.

gmal2003 05-29-07 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by scarredgod
i didnt know the band before the thread but i love them now, high energy and a voice i really like, great band from what ive heard so far.

Sweet. This is what this forum is all about. Especially with a band that gets so little air here in the US (only sold 7000 albums here) its cool to turn someone on to a really great group. Ive had the same thing happen to me due to this forum (interpol, DCC to name a few).

Buttmunker 05-30-07 01:12 PM

I just watched the video for Fallen Leaves, and thought it was great.

jimmy-D- 05-30-07 01:20 PM

Yeah i have been listening to billy talent for over a year now and they are excellent-from ireland but i can't say they are very popular here-i found out about the band through a friend-havn't heard the second album but the singles off it seem good so woo!Go billy talent :L