Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Amel Larrieux's Lovely Standards

Old 05-20-07, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amel Larrieux's Lovely Standards

For those that do not know who she is let's go back in time to Groove Theory you know the song "Tell Me" it was a huge hit.She then after that did backing vocals for alot of artist's (Sade band for one SweetBack and The Roots).Then followed with 3 solo albums:Infinite Possibilities (2000) this is a must have cd I will not go into details but trust it's first rate music,then Bravebird (2004) very underrated cd just as good if not better than Infinite Possibilities.Then comes her very good follow-up Morning (2006) more of the same first rate music and it's just that voice that carries so much soul in everthing she sings about.Now it's 2007 and and soon to be released Amel Larrieux's Lovely Standards it's a cover-lp lot's jazz songs most people today (under 20 would not know).But real jazz fans will love this album I would compare it to George Michael-Songs From The Last Century,she makes every songs her own.It very short a running time 37mins and 26 seconds so there is no wasting on production values of this Sweet Singer.So when tuesday rolls around pick this one up it will put a smile on your face and love in your heart peace.
Old 05-23-07, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any one had a listen to cd today please post your feeling on this wonderful cd,thanks.