DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Help me identify this Iron Maiden song..... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/500032-help-me-identify-iron-maiden-song.html)

dick_grayson 05-08-07 02:02 PM

Help me identify this Iron Maiden song.....

There's some song that came out on a live album that was never released on a studio album. I think it's around the Fear of the Dark days. I've checked wikipedia and listened to samples from itunes, but can't find it. It's got some killer riff that, if you know the song, you probably know which one I mean.

Thanks.

benedict 05-08-07 04:50 PM

They've always had quite a few B (and some A) sides that weren't originally on albums but many of these were collected on "Best of the B-Sides".

They are not averse to recording covers and most (all?) of these are only available as live tracks, or maybe as bonus studio outtakes when older albums are re-released.

In some markets I believe that a bonus CD came out with "Fear of the Dark". It contained the following tracks: Nodding Donkey Blues, Space Station No. 5, Roll Over Vic Vella, I Can't See My Feelings, No Prayer for the Dying (live), Public Enema Number One (live), and Hooks in You (live).

I'm not sure if any of this actually helps!

7Keys 05-08-07 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by dick_grayson
There's some song that came out on a live album that was never released on a studio album. I think it's around the Fear of the Dark days. I've checked wikipedia and listened to samples from itunes, but can't find it. It's got some killer riff that, if you know the song, you probably know which one I mean.

Thanks.

Total Eclipse? This wasn't originally on Number of the Beast, but is on the newer reissues. It was released on the Beast Over Hammersmith Live CD and a B Side to one of the singles.

(EDIT: The B Side release was a studio recording. I'm thinking of Remember Tomorrow that was recorded live specifically for the B Side w/Bruce singing)

Thats the only song I can think of. It was from the Beast era though.

But as Benedict said they were not big on doing non-studio album songs during live concerts. Maybe you're thinking of a B'Side song that's not live? Or possibly a Maiden w/Di'Anno song performed live with Bruce singing?

That was also the time Bruce went solo...maybe it's a Bruce solo song? Although the first Bruce album can't be mistaken for anything Maiden would do.

cactusoly 05-08-07 10:16 PM

Maiden never released a song on a Live album that was not on a previous album. Yhe only exception was Toal Eclipse as mentioned above but that was part of a box set not a separate live album.

Heat 05-08-07 11:43 PM

Speaking of Iron Maiden...

In about '87 I had picked up The Number of the Beast on cassette. Started listening to it with my friend about ten miles down the road and... the whole tape was backwards. We listened to it for a while, went back, and exchanged it.

dick_grayson 05-09-07 12:10 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'm an idiot as it appears the song is Afraid to Shoot Strangers off Fear of the Dark. It was the Live at Donnington version I was referring to.