Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Linkin Park Minutes to Midnight leaked...

Old 05-12-07, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Lethal Nemesis
and another thing. . . how could you possibly say that their attempt "completely backfired" when the album hasnt even reached soundscan yet?

go home. you know nothing about the music business.

thx
idiot. wow someone get this guy off the internet quick. When I refer to an album completely backfiring, I'm not refering to sales, I'm refering to the outcome of the idea.

I could give a shit less what the soundscan says and that has nothing to do with my opinion on a record.

Obvoiusly YOU know nothing about good music and the record industry and assume sales = quality. You must be a huge Nickelback fan or something huh.

And yea Fort Minor was one of the shittiest rap albums I've ever heard. Generic beats, stupid raps that anyone could have wrote, and seemed to have some kind of 8 mile "im gonna make it" type of vibe that just wasn't working. There are maybe 2 or 3 tracks I can listen to off that coaster.

You really need to step back from the keyboard when you are tempted to post something that starts along the lines of the above post of yours. There's absolutely no need to let rip and call anyone here an idiot. Indeed, when you do so, you are breaking the board rules. Next month, when you can post here again, please try to think of other DVDTalkers as friends you've not met yet and show some more respect in your interaction with them. Hate the band; not the fan. [Benedict]

Last edited by benedict; 05-13-07 at 07:55 AM.
Old 05-13-07, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

IMO the album rocks.
Old 05-15-07, 10:10 AM

Minutes to Midnight is hot garbage... Maybe they'll do a remix album of it and make it sound 100x better
Old 05-15-07, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The album has grown on me. Its still about a B- but its has some good tracks.
Old 05-15-07, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am not a LP fan (Wife has the CD's on her iPod, and I like them). I put this (along with the first 2) album on mine, and after 3 spin throughs, I like it. Entertaining enough for me....
Old 05-15-07, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I think another standard rap rock album would've backfired, I'm enjoying this...
Old 05-15-07, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've only listened through once so far so I can't give a final review, but so far I hate it. I'm a big LP fan but this CD is crap. Maybe a few more listens will help
Old 05-15-07, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

On second listen, this CD is putting me to sleep. Pure garbage
Old 05-15-07, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Zzzz...

Love Linkin Park... Hate Rick Rubin... Thanks a lot Rick!

Lame.
Old 05-15-07, 09:18 PM
Retired

Picked it up to day and gave it a couple of background spins.

First impressions are kind of "meh." Not bad, not great.
Old 05-15-07, 11:37 PM

Did anyone get a copy of the album where the track data is messed up? I tried mine on 2 different PCs.

My version is showing this in Media Player:
1. Stand
2. Bleed It Out
3. Get Through
4. What I've done
5. In this world
6. The Little Things Give You Away
7. Hold Nothing Back
8. Over the Top
9. Promisse
10. Real Life
11. Afraid This Time
12. 2. Worlds

Is this just my CD or is this a widespread problem? This is just weird. The songs as they play match the order on the CD but the track info just doesn't jive.

Last edited by nathanbrzl; 05-16-07 at 08:14 AM.
Old 05-16-07, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not to overanalyze Linkin Park, because they are just Linkin Park, but I think this is the type of album every band ends up making. They feel confident enough to change there sound, for good or worse, to prove they are a real band. For me the payoff works about 30 % of the time....most of the tracks feel too rough and underdeveloped. But I still like it.
Old 05-16-07, 09:10 AM

Highlights for me:

Shadow of the Day
What I've done
Hands held high
Old 05-16-07, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by nathanbrzl
Did anyone get a copy of the album where the track data is messed up? I tried mine on 2 different PCs.
Is this just my CD or is this a widespread problem? This is just weird. The songs as they play match the order on the CD but the track info just doesn't jive.
Sounds like someone upped the wrong info the the CDDB and Media Player is downloading the bad info...

After listening to it the last week, I think it is really solid. It grows on you...a lot. I don't know if it was Canada only though, what happened to the special edition? All stores here didn't get it and it disappeared from Canadian retailers websites as well, so it was either pulled or cancelled here... did it come out in the US?
Old 05-16-07, 10:15 AM

yes the special edition is available in the US! I bought it yesterday at best buy...
Old 05-16-07, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

IMO they tried to fix that wasn't broken...but i'm really hoping the album will grow on me.
Old 05-18-07, 01:32 AM

I'm a big LP fan and have loved everything they've done so far, but I was really disappointed with the album. Save for 'What I've Done' (which I felt was pretty standard to begin with), I didn't care for any of the songs. I'll give it another spin or 2 and I hope I change my mind.

And did anyone notice a Fort Minor song ('right now?') completely sampled a Garage Band string loop? Considering how many people own Garageband, you would think a different loop would have been used...

Last edited by neocheddar02; 05-18-07 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-18-07, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I also think it sucks, but it has its moments.
Old 05-18-07, 08:21 AM
Retired

Its starting to grow on me. At the moment I'm digging most of the heavier songs and the couple of tracks with Mike rapping, not digging the mellower tracks.
Old 05-18-07, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Does it have the hooks and catchiness of the first & second album? I really don't care if the tracks are hard or soft...just full of hooky goodness.

I am trying to decide whether to pick it up since it is on sale this week. I loved the first album and really liked the second.
Old 05-18-07, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

After a hand full of listens, here's my mini review...

Track 1 : Just the intro, nothing special

Tracks 2-8 : These tracks are OK. The best of the album is within these 7 songs. I enjoy all the tracks that Mike Shinoda (the rapper) appears on. These songs aren't great by any means and they definitly don't stack up to past Linkin Park albums, but they're listenable. My favorite songs probably being 'hands held high' and 'bleed out' (both Mike Shinoda songs).

Tracks 9-12 : These 4 songs are just extremely weak in my opinion. They're all slow moving songs without a great or catchy melody. Especially track 10, it starts off slow with expectations of really kicking ass but nothing happens. It just remains slow throughout the song. The vocals aren't even good. Normally I don't mind slow moving songs but 1. this album has too many of them and 2. it's linkin park!! I didn't buy the album to hear this much slow music!

In general, this album is dissapointing to me. The whole thing just feels like it's missing something. I know Linkin park have said they didn't want to do the singing/rapping thing again becuase it was getting old, but in my opinion, that's what made Linkin Park stand out from everyone else. Without that this album is just another album, nothing different. Nothing special.

Of course, this review is my opinion only.
Old 05-20-07, 05:22 PM
Retired

I'm actually liking this a lot now that it's grown on me some. Not as good as the first two for sure, but theres a few great tracks and its solid as a whole. Just which Shinoda was on more tracks, but other than that it's not too shabbly. Probably a 3/5 or so.
Old 05-20-07, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah, I don't think I like it as much as the previous two, but I'm still enjoying it. I agree that the whole album is a bit too slow for my tastes. If there were a couple of faster songs I'd probably like it more, but that's me...
Old 05-21-07, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
Yeah, I don't think I like it as much as the previous two, but I'm still enjoying it. I agree that the whole album is a bit too slow for my tastes. If there were a couple of faster songs I'd probably like it more, but that's me...
My feelings on this album exactly. Too many slow songs.
Old 05-21-07, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by edstein
My feelings on this album exactly. Too many slow songs.
Just doesn't have the energy of tracks like Papercut and Don't Stop.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.