DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Full line up announced for Virgin Festival and Ticket Info (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/499104-full-line-up-announced-virgin-festival-ticket-info.html)

superdeluxe 04-27-07 08:22 AM

Full line up announced for Virgin Festival and Ticket Info

Saturday August 4th:
The Police
Beastie Boys
Amy Winehouse
Incubus
Peter Bjorn and John
The Fratellis
Sasha & John Digweed
Modest Mouse
Danny Tenaglia
LCD soundsystem
Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals
TV on the Radio
Sander Van Doorn
Shout out out out
Felix Da Housecat
Paolo Nutini
Booka Shade
Fiction Plane
Cheap Trick
Miguel Migs (Petalpusher)
Fountains of Wayne

Sunday August 5th
The Smashing Pumpkins
Wu Tang Clan
Chris COrnell
Velvet Revolver
Spoon
CSS
MIA
Infected Mushroom
Interpol
Matisyahu
James Zabiela
Girl Talk
Diselboy & Andy C w/ MC GQ and MC messinian
Regina Spektor
Bad Brains
Yeah yeah yeahs
Crystal Method (DJ set)
Deep Dish (Dubfire + Sharam)

Tickets go on sale 5/5/07

What a strange mix of artists

nodeerforamonth 04-27-07 08:54 AM

uh... where is this??!?!

superdeluxe 04-27-07 08:58 AM

Baltimore.

rexinnih 04-27-07 10:05 AM

Good lineup but a bit out of commuting range for me.

Matt 04-27-07 10:53 AM

Same weekend as Lollapalooza, and at least a couple of the same artists, too. Hmmm. . .

fliggil 04-27-07 01:44 PM

I'm considering taking a bus to Baltimore for this one, $175 for 2-day pass does seem like a bit much, Beasite Boys and Pumpkins do sound like fun though.

superdeluxe 04-27-07 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by fliggil
I'm considering taking a bus to Baltimore for this one, $175 for 2-day pass does seem like a bit much, Beasite Boys and Pumpkins do sound like fun though.

175 for 2 days is not too bad.

Police, Beasties and the Pumpkins, can't beat that. Plus alot of eletronic artists

Josh H 04-27-07 02:17 PM

I'll definitely have to think about catching this.

Especially interested in seeing: The Police, Incubus, Modest Mouse, Chris Cornell and Velvet Revolver.

Several other bands I wouldn't mind seeing, but those are all acts I was hoping to catch this year anyway (other than police as their tix have been to high).

cdollaz 04-27-07 02:30 PM

It would be interesting to see how Bad Brains is and how their new material sounds.

PJsig08 04-27-07 04:20 PM

Why waste this on Baltimore?!?!

Incredible lineup.

yohansen5b 04-28-07 05:03 PM

i am psyched for this.

mndtrp 04-29-07 01:20 AM

Bad Brains and Infected Mushroom would be the two I'm most interested in seeing.

FrozenMetalHead 06-05-07 08:20 AM

Anyone been to this festival before? I'm thinking about this one daily now, but just haven't pulled the trigger. I've done Coachella, Lolla, and ACL recently. How is this one set up compared to those? I think I read it was a two stage set-up. But do the stages compete against each other timewise, or do you have the opportunity to see both stages with little overlap?

Also, does anyone know of any message boards/forums associated with this festival? The main site has nothing. Thanks.