DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Very fragmented lyric question ... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/497948-very-fragmented-lyric-question.html)

redcat 04-14-07 07:09 PM

Very fragmented lyric question ...

I went to see the Frames last night, and as always, they put on a great show. Also as always, they include fragments of other songs in their own, and last night there was one that I really liked. It was something about "You take the sun and I'll take the moon." A google search gave me something by Frank Black, but I don't think that was it. Anyone have any ideas?

Lee Harvey Oswald 04-14-07 10:59 PM

I don't know. I'm sure this isn't it...But the closest I can think of is Frank Sinatra's "Night and Day"

"Night and day, you are the one
Only you 'neath the moon or under the sun
Whether near to me or far
It's no matter, baby, where you are
I think of you day and night"

wishbone 04-15-07 12:08 AM

Dave Matthews Band - Looking at You
"I'll take the moon I'll take the sun from the starry sky"
:shrug:

Dave's vocals are fairly distinctive, but then again so are Frank's.

redcat 04-15-07 10:31 AM

It's neither of those, but thanks for giving it a shot. I wish I could remember the exact lines more clearly - I know I didn't really give people much to work with.

Coral 04-15-07 12:05 PM

Is it "East of the Sun (West of the Moon)"... covered by many including Sinatra and Diana Krall ?

redcat 04-15-07 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Coral
Is it "East of the Sun (West of the Moon)"... covered by many including Sinatra and Diana Krall ?

I looked it up, but that's not it. Thanks for trying though. They tend to do a lot of lines from Van Morrison songs (which makes sense since they're Irish) so I thought it might be from one of his, but it didn't ring any bells with me.

stp115 04-15-07 10:22 PM

Wasn't there a song by James that had lyrics a lot like that?

Lee Harvey Oswald 04-15-07 10:42 PM

I don't know who the Frames are...but do they have a website with a forum? If they have a board maybe someone there could help. Or maybe a Myspace page.

redcat 04-15-07 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lee Harvey Oswald
I don't know who the Frames are...but do they have a website with a forum? If they have a board maybe someone there could help. Or maybe a Myspace page.

That's a good idea. I'll join the forum or whatever on their site and post the question there.

redcat 04-16-07 09:35 PM

After posting on the Frames discussion area (as suggested above), I got the answer. It's a song called "I Have the Moon" by the Magnetic Fields. Here are the lyrics:

We have walked in ancient times
And we've been burned for many crimes
We have ended many lives
But we never really died

You have the sun, I have the moon

You have to fly around the world all day
To keep the sun upon your face
I'd like to come and comfort you
But I'd be blinded by the blue

You have the sun, I have the moon

You're bound to die under the sun
And I'll be doomed to carry on