Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

New Chevelle tomorrow (04/03)...

Old 04-02-07, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk God

New Chevelle tomorrow (04/03)...

Has anyone heard anything about this? I've not heard a single song from this upcoming cd. That has me worried.
Old 04-02-07, 11:15 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Deftones
Has anyone heard anything about this? I've not heard a single song from this upcoming cd. That has me worried.
I've had the album for a coupla weeks. I really like it, it's in my heavy rotation. Very similar to their last album.

"Well Enough Alone" has been getting pretty good airplay around here. I believe they've had the album up on their website for streaming for several days as well.
Old 04-03-07, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I heard the single awhile ago but have since forgotten it... but I'm definitely picking this up tomorrow. It probably won't be their best, but if it rocks I'm happy.
Old 04-03-07, 05:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

The few times I've heard them I've liked them but I've yet to buy any of their cd's. Anyway, "Vena Sera" on Amazon
Old 04-03-07, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's a great album. Wonder What's Next is still my favorite (Forfeit just gets me pumped whenever I hear it). This new record works very well as an album, has a good flow to it. Don't forget the BB version has bonus tracks.
Old 04-03-07, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Great album. Doesn't break the hard rock with minimal screaming forumla though. Bascially, it's what you'd expect from them.
Old 04-03-07, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's a typical follow up, but I've been loving it. I'm seeing them on the 11th of this month, so I'm excited for that. If you like their earlier records it does not disappoint. Anti-saint is a kickass album opener and I'll be surprised if that doesn't get picked as the next single.
Old 04-03-07, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mdc3000
Anti-saint is a kickass album opener and I'll be surprised if that doesn't get picked as the next single.
Yeah it does rock. The brothers were on there / our local radio station yesterday..."The Fad" has already been chosen as the next single.
Old 04-03-07, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just seen them in concert last tuesday. 3rd time for me. They sounded great, played a few new songs, one of which I already had and is good, and another which I hadnt heard which sounded really good. They are touring with Evenesence (which I hate) so I went for Chevelle but had to hear the noise of Evensence.
Totally worth checking out live. Not the best live band, but overall very good.
Old 04-13-07, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They put on a kickass show on Wednesday night in Toronto. It was a headlining gig with Sparta and Chevelle played a very decent set, with a nice balance of new and old. Saw Sam after the gig, but it was raining and cold, so Pete was nowhere to be found. 'The Fad' would have been my next choice for a single (after Anti-saint), so I can't say I'm disappointed in that choice too much. Chevelle has only been up to Toronto twice since their last record, but the crowd was really into it and the band manager said they'll have to make sure they visit more often...here's hoping!
Old 04-13-07, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by foofighters7
I just seen them in concert last tuesday. 3rd time for me. They sounded great, played a few new songs, one of which I already had and is good, and another which I hadnt heard which sounded really good. They are touring with Evenesence (which I hate) so I went for Chevelle but had to hear the noise of Evensence.
Totally worth checking out live. Not the best live band, but overall very good.
I did not like them live since they have such a heavy sound that gets thinned with only the one guitarist. I was surprised to hear how thin The Clincher sounded without the wall of guitars production on the record. Damn that song fires me up.
Old 04-13-07, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Picked up this album yesterday. Haven't gotten all the way through it, but I like it better than Wonder What's Next, which is their weakest album in my opinion.
Old 04-13-07, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mordred
Picked up this album yesterday. Haven't gotten all the way through it, but I like it better than Wonder What's Next, which is their weakest album in my opinion.
For me that would be Point #1 by a large margin.
Old 04-13-07, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
For me that would be Point #1 by a large margin.
except for a couple songs...easily.
Old 03-23-08, 12:46 PM

I was a huge Chevelle fan, every album they've put out has been excellent, but I'm so disgusted by them right now. I just saw them in Huntsville, AL last night, and it was the most pathetic concert I've ever seen in my life.

Right as they come out, the singer says he's sick, ok, fine. Then they start playing and it sounded like a high school battle of the bands. The drummer would pause after every main down beat AS WELL as the guitarist, he played like he had wooden arms. they started playing The Red, and the speed they started at was a snails pace, then the drummer sped it up way faster than it should've been. Speeds always went up and down. They tried to add in little fills and it sounded like something (once again) a high school band would do.

I had to leave about 20 minutes into the set, I think it stole a little bit of my soul.
Old 03-23-08, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

damn i thought they had a new cd out. then i freaked out and thought it was april already!
i saw them twice with disturbed and they were pretty decent. i remember thinking how simple there music was though.
Old 03-25-08, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was supposed to see them a few weeks ago with Finger Eleven but apparently there was a death in the family or something and they cancelled... maybe they're still not over it, because when I've seen them they've been pretty good.