Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Björk: Volta - New Album 5/08/07

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Björk: Volta - New Album 5/08/07

Old 05-11-07, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by astrochimp
Me too.The Dull Flame of Desire is amazing and probably my favorite track as of now atleast.
The duets are indeed impressive!...unlike the packaging of the CD/DVD - atrocious!!

My fave track though is undoubtedly track 2 - Wanderlust
Old 05-11-07, 12:16 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
You've already got the CD/DVD version??
Old 05-11-07, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My favorite tracks are Earth Intruders, Innocence, and Declare Independence. I hated Dull Flame of Desire on my first listen. It was more tolerable the second time around, but Antony sounds like a cheesy lounge singer at certain points in the song. Seems to be a popular track here, so to each their own, I guess. I like the album as a whole and I think it'll improve with each listen. But what's up with the foghorns at the end of Earth Intruders?
Old 05-11-07, 12:46 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I love the foghorns! Reminds me of The Anchor Song, and at points the foghorns start to play old Bjork songs.
Old 05-11-07, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
You've already got the CD/DVD version??
Yep..it's readily available here in the UK...not sure about release dates pertaining to the US etc.
Old 05-11-07, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I love the foghorns! Reminds me of The Anchor Song, and at points the foghorns start to play old Bjork songs.
I don't mind the foghorns, they just seemed a little random and went on longer than I would have expected. Then again, this is Bjork we're talking about. I didn't realize that the foghorns were playing songs. Do you know offhand which songs are played? I'll have to give it another listen when I get home.
Old 05-11-07, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RichDB10
Yep..it's readily available here in the UK...not sure about release dates pertaining to the US etc.
Can you describe the packaging please?
Old 05-11-07, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by auto
Can you describe the packaging please?
A mess!!!

But otherwise...a red box that has a flap held together by a big metallic sticker of the Bjork cover art for the album...i've not torn the sticker because i just know it would never close again.
Instead i've sort of creased the front and opened it using the flap located at the top....which reveals a sort of 'Russian Doll' multicoloured plastic cardboardy 'envelope' ensemble thingy..(Green,Blue,Pink,Red,Burgundy) with the CD and DVD being held in individual orange and yellow paper cases housed within one of the plastic cardboardy thingy thingies!!!

If my description doesn't make much sense....neither does the idea for this packaging!!!
Old 05-11-07, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RichDB10
A mess!!!

But otherwise...a red box that has a flap held together by a big metallic sticker of the Bjork cover art for the album...i've not torn the sticker because i just know it would never close again.
Instead i've sort of creased the front and opened it using the flap located at the top....which reveals a sort of 'Russian Doll' multicoloured plastic cardboardy 'envelope' ensemble thingy..(Green,Blue,Pink,Red,Burgundy) with the CD and DVD being held in individual orange and yellow paper cases housed within one of the plastic cardboardy thingy thingies!!!

If my description doesn't make much sense....neither does the idea for this packaging!!!

In other words, the same shitty packaging as the CD only released here in the states.
Old 05-12-07, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,873 Likes on 1,153 Posts
Originally Posted by UncleGramps
My favorite tracks are Earth Intruders, Innocence, and Declare Independence. I hated Dull Flame of Desire on my first listen. It was more tolerable the second time around, but Antony sounds like a cheesy lounge singer at certain points in the song. Seems to be a popular track here, so to each their own, I guess. I like the album as a whole and I think it'll improve with each listen. But what's up with the foghorns at the end of Earth Intruders?
Doesn't it go into "Wanderlust"? I assumed it was meant to give a "going places" feel. I could be wrong though....

Last edited by Giantrobo; 05-13-07 at 02:43 AM.
Old 05-12-07, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Doesn't it go inro "Wanderlust"? I assumed it was meant to give a "going places" feel. I could be wrong though....
Yeah, that makes sense. It just seemed like a really long segue the first time I heard it.
Old 05-14-07, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Doesn't it go into "Wanderlust"? I assumed it was meant to give a "going places" feel. I could be wrong though....
Yeah. I hate when the intro to the next song is tacked on to the end of the previous song. Great CD so far!
Old 05-14-07, 11:55 AM

I just got the US version of the CD as a gift. For the life of me, I cannot get my computer to play it. Very frustrating, since my main way of listening to music these days is my computer/iPod.

Is anyone else having trouble like this? Is there some kind of evil DRM or copy protection on this CD, or did I just get a bum disc?
Old 05-14-07, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by otherthings
I just got the US version of the CD as a gift. For the life of me, I cannot get my computer to play it. Very frustrating, since my main way of listening to music these days is my computer/iPod.

Is anyone else having trouble like this? Is there some kind of evil DRM or copy protection on this CD, or did I just get a bum disc?
I was able to rip the cd to my ipod via the itunes program.
Old 05-14-07, 08:39 PM

gjamesm writes:
"I was able to rip the cd to my ipod via the itunes program."

Yeah, that's what I was trying to do... but for some reason, my iTunes won't recognize the disc. When I try going directly to the D: drive, my machine complains that there's an I/O error.

The disc works fine in my regular CD player (which I never use). And all my other CDs work fine in iTunes.

Anyone else encounter this kind of trouble? Should I try to contact EMI to send me a disc that works?
Old 05-15-07, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No problems with mine while importing to iTunes.

Great album so far.
Old 05-15-07, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't have an iPod but I do rip all of my CD's to the computer to listen to on shuffle when I'm working and had no problems extracting Volta using CDex
Old 05-20-07, 01:19 PM

According to the website, she's working with Michel Gondry for a video for the second single. What ever happened to the commercial release of 'Earth Intruders'? Oh well. They're not saying what it is, but the word going around is 'Declare Independence' - not my first choice [hello 'Wanderlust' since 'Innocence' is obviously already coming], but I'm sure he'll do something interesting.
Old 05-20-07, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Declare Independence bring on the remixes those should be "SWEET".
Old 05-23-07, 01:18 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
so did anyone pick the up the CD/DVD edition that got released yesterday... somehow managed to lose my receipt for the regular version I bought at Best Buy and couldn't exchange it - drat!
Old 05-23-07, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Best Buy I work at only received one copy of the CD/DVD. I was able to snag it just as about four people started asking for it when the store opened. I wonder just how limited this release will be? I've been too busy with the new The Used album, that I haven't opened Volta yet. I don't even know exactly what's on the DVD.
Old 05-23-07, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,873 Likes on 1,153 Posts
Originally Posted by Abe.
The Best Buy I work at only received one copy of the CD/DVD. I was able to snag it just as about four people started asking for it when the store opened. I wonder just how limited this release will be? I've been too busy with the new The Used album, that I haven't opened Volta yet. I don't even know exactly what's on the DVD.
No offense but I hate when employees do shit like that. But I guess that's life....
Old 05-24-07, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can someone provide a link to the US DVD+CD edition? I can't find it amazon or dd-cd, etc., and I'm hoping it'll be a bit cheaper than importing from the UK!
Old 05-24-07, 12:28 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Richard Malloy
Can someone provide a link to the US DVD+CD edition? I can't find it amazon or dd-cd, etc., and I'm hoping it'll be a bit cheaper than importing from the UK!
couldn't find it amazon either... it is however at... oh I aint' telling, got to exchange my standard version for this version.
Old 05-24-07, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Oh, do tell! I can't find it anywhere (except amazon.co.uk)...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.