Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The Police- 2007 Tour Thread

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

The Police- 2007 Tour Thread

Old 03-06-07, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Here's my transcription of a picture of the band's setlist from its recent rehersals:

Walking On the Moon
Synchronicity II
Donít Stand
Magic
Footsteps
Tea In the Sahara
Deathwish
Demolition Man
Da Do Do Do
Murder By Numbers
Spirits
Wrapped Around Your Finger
Invisible Sun
Bedís Too Big
One World
Bring On
King of Pain
Shadows In the Rain
Roxanne
So Lonely
Every Breath
Next To You
Canít Stand Losing You
Old 03-06-07, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts
Predictable setlist. Would like more deep cuts.
Old 03-06-07, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any fellow DVD Talkers not able to attend the tour willing to share a Best Buy code for tomorrow's Tampa pre-sale?
Old 03-07-07, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by iggystar
This was according to my brother. I'm assuming they went ahead and opened those behind the stage tickets. I'm not sure if I want to shell out $70 for behind the stage seats.

Still considering...
So what'd you settle on? I had behind-the-stage seating for a show there once, and I think I had better seats than the people in the nose-bleeds across the way! I'm sure that varies from show to show though.

My thought going into this was I'd be happy with any seat in the place for a chance to see the Police live. Hope you had some luck in what you were looking for!
Old 03-07-07, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
I'd pay extra to not risk hearing "Peanuts".
Old 03-07-07, 09:29 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, just tried to get tickets for the Tampa show through the pre-sale. 30 seconds in and there weren't two tickets together anywhere.
Old 03-07-07, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
You can be guaranteed that is not going to happen. You will hear Every Breath You Take: The Hits in its entirety.
Old 03-07-07, 11:38 AM

Like what? They have quite a few tunes listed there that aren't exactly radio hits...

I'm more psyched for this show than any show I can remember being pscyched for! Can't wait for Toronto on 7-23! Tthank God they added a 2nd show, which I got tix for, after the 1st show sold out in 5 minutes.
Old 03-07-07, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
The Police are a rare band whose best known songs are their best songs. The deeper you get into an album like Synchronicity, you get things like Miss Gradenko and Mother.

Tea and the Sahara, Deathwish and Invisible Sun are pretty deep cuts.
Old 03-07-07, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,628 Likes on 4,526 Posts
Holy hell, I kept refreshing the ticketmaster site, went right in at 10, had my preorder code already copied so I could paste it in, got their security code right away, then waited while it "processed" and was told no tickets were available. I'm stunned that their vaunted preorder was gone that quickly; it was a matter of seconds. Man that sucks. Now I have to try my luck on Saturday.
Old 03-08-07, 10:02 AM
Suspended

Well since I got jobbed yesterday with the pre-order I thought I'd try today and had somehow convinced myself to do the $100 extra fan club bullshit in order to buy tickets today.

The page says that at 10am you can participate in the pre-sale and then add your membership fee at checkout. However to search for tickets you have to enter your membership code... which you don't get until you pay for membership... which you can't do until you search for tickets.

Old 03-08-07, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had my membership and was logged in at 9:45 A.M. waiting for the St. Louis tickets to go on sale at 10:00 A.M. The site was utterly slammed within about five minutes and down until about 11:00 A.M. Luckily, they were having problems and rescheduled the St. Louis presale for 12:00 P.M. I was on the tickets page refreshing and refreshing starting at 11:45 A.M. and jumped on two ticket as soon as the presale link came up at 12:00. I went for two of the premium tickets and ended up getting 21st row dead center. It was a shitload of money, but I've always wanted to see them, and I doubt they'll have annual farewell tours like the Eagles.
Old 03-08-07, 03:00 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I got tickets for the 6/10 Denver show thanks to my Best Buy Rewards card. Now I need to figure out babysitting, getting out there, all that jazz...
Old 03-16-07, 12:51 AM

Well strike two. I tried to get tickets to the MGM Grand show when they went on sale, but they sold out instantly as well. So I checked out Stub Hub. Found some pretty good upper-level seats (row 5, good stage view) for $118 ($87.50 face, thanks to NV's stupid entertainment tax). I'm pretty happy with them and am stoked I'll finally get to see this band.

Anyone used stubhub before? They seem like a pretty good service.
Old 03-20-07, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got pre-sale tickets this morning for the Chicago show, also thanks to the BB Reward Zone card.
Old 03-20-07, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
Yes and Yes.
Old 03-20-07, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 254 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by Decker
And when you register, you get a free tube of vaseline.
Old 03-21-07, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 122 Posts
I just got decent tickets for the Pond/Honda Center!
Old 03-21-07, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jason
Why? I have had great prices for events through them when I missed the last minute drops.
Old 03-22-07, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jason
Well, my one concern is that my tickets are "Ticketfast" which means that they are printed out etickets, not physical ones. I'll be so upset if they were duplicated and I can't get in. I pray that doesn't happen, refund or not, I'd be devastated if I coudn't get into the show. The price I paid for the tickets wasn't bad at all, considering their location and how hot the show is.
Old 03-24-07, 10:57 AM
Banned

My friend did the Best Buy thing at 15 minutes AFTER they went on sale.... and he ended up with Sec. 105(Floor) for the show. He paid the same as me($530) for both tickets. Everybody was shocked that not he not only got tickets, but he got floor tickets....in Anaheim....and to The Police. My friend told him right there(the one who failed to get jack squat) and who tried at 10am....was in utter shock.
Old 03-24-07, 02:18 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally Posted by Johnny Zhivago
.... have a look at what Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland have been doing (since The Police split) [....] Hell, Copeland alone has 69 film and television scores to his credit... Pretty good for a "nobody".
And before The Police, Stuart Copeland played with Curved Air.
Old 05-29-07, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

From Billboard.com:

Playing loud and loose like they had never been away, the Police kicked off their first world tour in more than 20 years last night (May 28), delivering a two-hour set for 20,000 fans at Vancouver's GM Place. As previously reported, the tour unofficially began the night before at the same venue with a show exclusively for 4,000 fan club members.

On Monday, singer/bassist Sting, guitarist Andy Summers and drummer Stewart Copeland dusted off old favorites such as "Message in a Bottle," "Roxanne" and "Every Breath You Take." The set list was identical to the warm-up gig, although "Spirits in the Material World" and "Don't Stand So Close to Me" swapped places.

"Since we haven't been together in 25 years, I'd like to introduce the band. Andy, this is Stewart," a casual Sting joked a few songs into the concert.

Famous fans in attendance included actress Penelope Cruz and Pearl Jam singer Eddie Vedder. Sting's wife, Trudie Styler, sang along ecstatically from her seventh-row berth, accompanied by Jerry Moss, the co-founder of the Police's A&M Records label.

Monday's show began with the early hit "Message in a Bottle," an ode to loneliness drawn from the band's second album, 1979's "Reggatta de Blanc." Six songs came from their final album, 1983's "Synchronicity," which topped the U.S. charts for 17 weeks.

Tunes such as "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" and "Walking on the Moon" recalled the band's early reggae stylings, while the evening's final song, "Next To You," served as a reminder of its punk-rock roots.

The stage was a simple affair, a split-level oval floor unencumbered by proscenium or backdrop. The special effects were limited to a retractable percussion setup used by the energetic Copeland on several songs.

The world tour is scheduled to end early next year, following two North American legs, a European tour, and dates throughout Latin America, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.

The band's plans beyond that are the subject of some internal disagreement. Summers recently told Guitar Player magazine that the "obvious thing" to do would be to make another album and then return to the road. But Copeland told Reuters last week that he had no desire right now to do those things, and was simply looking forward to having "a blast for one year."

Setlist:
"Message in a Bottle"
"Synchronicity II"
"Spirits in the Material World"
"Voices Inside My Head"/"When the World Is Running Down, You Make the Best of What's Still Around"
"Don't Stand So Close to Me"
"Driven to Tears"
"Walking on the Moon"
"Truth Hits Everybody"
"Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"
"Wrapped Around Your Finger"
"The Bed's Too Big Without You"
"Murder by Numbers"
"De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da"
"Invisible Sun"
"Walking in Your Footsteps"
"Can't Stand Losing You"
"Roxanne"
"King of Pain"
"So Lonely"
"Every Breath You Take"
"Next to You"
Old 05-29-07, 12:52 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I assume one of the tour dates will be filmed for a future video release (fingers crossed).
Old 05-29-07, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Giles
I assume one of the tour dates will be filmed for a future video release (fingers crossed).
That is pretty much a given but since Best Buy is the sponsor, I wouldn't be surprised if they did one of those mutiple disc sets like they have done for the Rolling Stones. At least I'm hoping they do!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.