Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Upcoming Rush album and tour thread

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Upcoming Rush album and tour thread

Old 01-22-08, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KnightLerxst
Awesome. Hershey and Nissan Pavilion here I come.

Hershey is 10 minutes from my house but I probably won't go see this show, I NEVER thought I would say that!

The Hershey stadium SUCKS and the Philly show is on a Saturday, so Philly here I come.
Old 01-22-08, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
count me in for Nissan, can't wait.
Old 01-30-08, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,873 Likes on 1,153 Posts
Well I ordered up my Tix for Verizon in Irvine CA and my buddy is waiting for good seats to open up at Nokia in LA. Apparently it's one of those places that if you're not sitting towards the center the view is crap.

I've never been to the Nokia venue in LA. I had a chacne to see Bjork there but missed out. Has anyone here seen a show there?
Old 02-20-08, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lateralus
Hershey is 10 minutes from my house but I probably won't go see this show, I NEVER thought I would say that!

The Hershey stadium SUCKS and the Philly show is on a Saturday, so Philly here I come.
Don't be a tool - there's nothing wrong with the Hershey Stadium -I have seen 6 or so shows there, what's the problem?
Old 02-20-08, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Doug Heffernan
Don't be a tool - there's nothing wrong with the Hershey Stadium -I have seen 6 or so shows there, what's the problem?
I thought the stadium itself was fine when I saw the Police there. The problem for me was, that if you parked in the Giant Arena parking lot you were royally fucked. I left the show a few minutes early to try to beat the traffic and ended up trapped, literally, in the parking lot for over 2 hours. If it wasn't for the fact I had AWD on my Subaru, and drove up an embankment to escape, I wouldn't have made it home until sunrise. I called the venue to complain about their security strategy and they didn't really care. If there was an emergency, there was nobody directing traffic to get us out of the lot. For this reason, it will be hard for me to justify supporting a company that obviously could care less about the people who shelled out $100 a ticket.
Old 02-21-08, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I like Tool as well, but the Hershey Stadium blows, I would rather them be in the Giant Center.
Old 02-21-08, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lateralus
I like Tool as well, but the Hershey Stadium blows, I would rather them be in the Giant Center.

If you were a true Rush fan, you would go to both, and bring along Nick.
Old 02-21-08, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by boc4ever
I thought the stadium itself was fine when I saw the Police there. The problem for me was, that if you parked in the Giant Arena parking lot you were royally fucked. I left the show a few minutes early to try to beat the traffic and ended up trapped, literally, in the parking lot for over 2 hours. If it wasn't for the fact I had AWD on my Subaru, and drove up an embankment to escape, I wouldn't have made it home until sunrise. I called the venue to complain about their security strategy and they didn't really care. If there was an emergency, there was nobody directing traffic to get us out of the lot. For this reason, it will be hard for me to justify supporting a company that obviously could care less about the people who shelled out $100 a ticket.
Here's a tip for the stadium - park over on Chocolate Ave, like where Hardee's used to be - then it's just a 5 min walk to the stadium (under the really small tunnel/bridge and around the back side of the park). Tons of people do this and it saves so much time. Especially after the concert, you just jump in your car and go! Plus, no paying for parking.

I saw the Police too, it was great.
Old 02-21-08, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you were a true Rush fan, you would go to both, and bring along Nick.
Yeah I know but it's on a Thursday night, it's at the crappy Hershey Stadium and I'm alreay seeing them in Philly and possibily Oklahoma City. The Hershey show will depend on wether on not I can get good seats.
Old 02-21-08, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's a tip for the stadium - park over on Chocolate Ave, like where Hardee's used to be - then it's just a 5 min walk to the stadium (under the really small tunnel/bridge and around the back side of the park). Tons of people do this and it saves so much time. Especially after the concert, you just jump in your car and go! Plus, no paying for parking.

Isn't there some spaces to your left after you walk under the bridge or did they block that off?
Old 02-21-08, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the tip!
Old 02-21-08, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
I wish Rush didn't bother with covers. They have plenty of their own songs to keep the crowd going for 3 hours. I'm really looking forward to the show in Oklahoma City. I'm also eyeing the St. Louis date to see if I might head up there for some baseball and Rush. I need to check the Cardinals schedule.
Old 02-23-08, 07:39 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Apparently they're coming back to Toronto this summer. I'll definitely be going. I went to their September 23 show in T.O. and it was phenomenal.
Old 02-24-08, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Wick
Apparently they're coming back to Toronto this summer. I'll definitely be going. I went to their September 23 show in T.O. and it was phenomenal.
I think presale tickets went on sale this week for the Toronto show.