Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Clutch: From Beale Street to Oblivion

Old 01-29-07, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Clutch: From Beale Street to Oblivion

Anyone else looking forward to this? The album doesn't come out till March 20th, but a leak has already hit the net. After listening to it a few times, I'd put it way ahead of their last effort, Robot Hive/Exodus. You can listen to the new single, Electric Worry, here.

I'm also looking forward to seeing them when they come around to NY in March since they always put on a great show.
Old 01-29-07, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yay! More Clutch is always a good thing. Just gotta get their "Passive Restraings" EP (oh, and this new disc) and I'll have everything they've put out. I wonder if this new disc will have a special Japan release...

-Gunshy
Old 01-29-07, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Very cool. I always forget about Clutch until a new one is released.
Old 01-29-07, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sounds like ZZ Top.

Good band though.
Old 01-30-07, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

YES!!! CLUTCH is one of my all time favorites. I can't wait for the new CD to come out. I'm seeing them here on 2/28. Incredible live show!!!

"I-AM-DRIVEN!"
Old 01-30-07, 07:37 PM

Hell yes. Already got my ticket for the NYC show. One of my all-time favorite bands. This'll be my 14th Clutch show. (17th if you include Bakerton Group.)
Old 02-09-07, 07:36 PM

How can you forget about Clutch??? They put an album out about every 1-1.5 years which is more than most bands. Every album has a different twist so you never get bored. Just check ProRock.com every couple weeks and they always have some sort of update. And for god sake make sure you have every album or you might be missing something.

NEVER FORGET CLUTCH. Your life will be less fulfilling without Clutch! Also, keep this all on the Down Low, we don't want everyone to know how great things are for us!

Clutchtastic! Yea Yeah!
Old 02-10-07, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Sounds like ZZ Top.
Really?

Yikes. I like Clutch but I hated their last album and this isn't reassuring.

Last edited by cerial442; 02-11-07 at 12:17 AM.
Old 02-11-07, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Clutchtastic
How can you forget about Clutch??? They put an album out about every 1-1.5 years which is more than most bands. Every album has a different twist so you never get bored. Just check ProRock.com every couple weeks and they always have some sort of update. And for god sake make sure you have every album or you might be missing something.

NEVER FORGET CLUTCH. Your life will be less fulfilling without Clutch! Also, keep this all on the Down Low, we don't want everyone to know how great things are for us!

Clutchtastic! Yea Yeah!
It's nice that a Clutch street team member decided to sign up on this forum to grace us with this post.....

I have five Clutch albums and yet I don't really like them. I think Elephant Riders is their best and like a handful of songs off of the self-titled and Pure Rock Fury. Blast Tyrant just did nothing for me. I tried listening to it several times and it just never grabbed me. I had the same reaction listening to this new song. Oh well.
Old 02-11-07, 01:54 AM

well, my wife and I just listened to it and dug it. Look forward to 3/20. 1010110011!
Old 02-12-07, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Sounds like ZZ Top.

Good band though.
Yeah, it did sound a little ZZ Topish. Pure Rock Fury was the last thing I bought, after that it kinda felt like Clutch lost it's 'Fury'. It just started sounding a little more produced and a little less raw.

I'd check em out live one more time, but the last 2 shows I've seen, they've totally dogged us and put on pretty shitty shows, leaving early and not even doing encores. Which is a shame, because the first few times I saw them in the mid 90's they kicked major ass.
Old 02-15-07, 12:23 PM

I read CLUTCH is playing Bonaroo this year!
Old 04-21-07, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I was watching a dvr'd recording of mtv's headbangers ball, and noticed the video of "Electric Worry", and i almost did a what the fuck, i mean, i love the band and all, but this song and band doesn't scream heavy metal or headbanging music, especially when Slayer and Suffocation were also on the same show.
Old 04-21-07, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by ruiz7170
well, my wife and I just listened to it and dug it. Look forward to 3/20. 10001110101!
Fixed.
Old 04-22-07, 02:09 AM

Woofman, thanks for the fix!!! Hahaha!