Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Dinosaur Jr.: Beyond - 05/01/07

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-07, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

from pitchforkmedia:

Dinosaur Jr. Reveal Reunion Album Details
Pig has officially been freed

By this time, you're probably aware that J Mascis, Lou Barlow, and Murph are back in full Dinosaur Jr. force. (When Lou isn't too busy with that whole Sebadoh thing, that is.) But they've gone beyond the reunion tour(s) for, um, Beyond, their John Agnello-engineered full-length due out May 1 on Fat Possum.

Beyond was recorded at Mascis' Bisquiteen studio in Amherst, Massachusetts, and according to a press release, it's both "some of the best music Dinosaur Jr. have ever made" and "an adrenaline-inducing ride, not of nostalgia, but of bona fide excitement." Well then, color us excited and full of adrenaline.

One week after the release of Beyond (i.e. on May 8), Dinosaur Jr. will release their previously reported Image Entertainment DVD Dinosaur Jr.: Live From the Middle East. Nike will make the previously reported Dinosaur Jr. skate shoe available in a limited edition in February. So hurry up and get in line, because we know demand for those kicks will be high. Right.

Beyond tracklist:

01 Almost Ready
02 Crumble
03 Pick Me Up
04 Back to Your Heart
05 This Is All I Came to Do
06 Been There All the Time
07 It's Me
08 We're Not Alone
09 I Got Lost
10 Lightning Bulb
11 What If I Knew...
Old 01-24-07, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice. Got a tracklist of the live DVD coming out?
Old 01-24-07, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<-- native of Amherst, big Dinosaur fan since their first album on Homestead, hugely excited for the new one...

Edit:

WTF?

Last edited by Hiro11; 01-24-07 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-24-07, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Nice. Got a tracklist of the live DVD coming out?
This looks like a must have:

It may not be out until May 8, but the details are signed, sealed and delivered for Dinosaur Jr.'s very first DVD release. You know, the one that Lou Barlow says he's "terrified" of.

Dinosaur Jr.: Live From The Middle East features a full-length concert that was recorded at New York's Irving Plaza in December 2005 and footage from other shows on that tour. J. Mascis' brother-in-law, Phillip Virus, captured all the high-tension good times on stage and off, which should make it a must-have for Dino Jr. enthusiasts.

Among the bonus features will be interviews with My Bloody Valentine's Kevin Shields, Sonic Youth's Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore, Mike Watt, Steve Albini and Matt Dillon, though it's hard to believe that the actor really appears out of any sort of character because it would imply he has a personality. For those wondering why in the hell anyone would ask Oscar-nominated actor Dillon about Dino Jr., turns out he sang on 1991's Green Mind. For those wondering why racist-cop-in-Crash Dillon was asked or agreed to appear on Green Mind, we're sorry — there's no logical explanation for this. Even if he and Mascis are friends, it still doesn't make sense.

Dino Jr. Bassist Barlow will tour with his other seminal indie band, Sebadoh, through much of the spring, but he, Mascis and drummer Murph, the original Dino Jr. lineup, are expected to release a new LP in 2007.

Here is the track list for Live From The Middle East:

"Gargoyle"
"Kracked"
"Bulbs Of Passion"
"Little Fury Things"
"Lose"
"Forget The Swan"
"The Post"
"Budge"
"The Lung"
"The Wagon"
"Raisins"
"SludgeFeast"
"Mountain Man"
"Chunks"
"Freak Scene"
"In A Jar"
"Repulsion"
"Just Like Heaven"
Edit, pics from the show:
http://www.sidemouse.com/dinosaur/

Sorry, I'm a huge fan...

Last edited by Hiro11; 01-24-07 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-24-07, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Cool, I just listened to "Bug" the other day and it held up quite well, really took me back to the mid 80's and those old Santa Cruz skate videos these songs used to accompany. I saw them play at the Ohio State University Ballroom with My Bloody Valentine back in the day, what a great show.