Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Mika-the next Freddie Mercury?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Mika-the next Freddie Mercury?

Old 11-13-07, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Giles
the live DVD hits the stores today:

Mika: Live in Cartoon Motion
Thank you! I didn't know this was even coming out and when I clicked the Amazon link you provided, it says that you can buy this and the new Amy Winehouse live DVD for $20. Sold!

Using 10 cameras
This part worries me, though. I hope it isn't hyper-edited like that live Snow Patrol DVD. That one is darn near unwatchable.

Now, if only Mika would put out a Christmas song or two I'd be a really happy camper.
Old 11-13-07, 01:04 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by DJLinus
Thank you! I didn't know this was even coming out and when I clicked the Amazon link you provided, it says that you can buy this and the new Amy Winehouse live DVD for $20. Sold!

This part worries me, though. I hope it isn't hyper-edited like that live Snow Patrol DVD. That one is darn near unwatchable.

Now, if only Mika would put out a Christmas song or two I'd be a really happy camper.

the same thing could be said about the Coldplay 'live' CD/DVD release - ugh - that gives me seizures.
Old 11-13-07, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,148 Likes on 702 Posts
Originally Posted by Giles
the same thing could be said about the Coldplay 'live' CD/DVD release - ugh - that gives me seizures.
Ditto on Kiss' "Symphony" Concert. It is unwatchable.
Old 11-15-07, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think he is WAY too flamboyant and Liberace-like in demeanor for me to totally dig him live. Hes like a young male Liza Minnelli. I read in a UK Magazine that he 'doesn't want to comment on his sexuality'. Duh. Isn't it kind of obvious, Mika? Thats like Nathan Lane 'shocking' all of us when he does come out. Whatevs.
Old 11-20-07, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Well, I got the DVD and watched a bit of it last night. Sad to say that is way too overedited. A friend nailed it when he said, "this is okay if you watch a song or two, but if you watch the whole show it'd be quite annoying." What a let down.

What's worse is that the handful of acoustic live songs that are extras have nice, lingering shots (granted, those are more "intimate" performances, but still). What could have been...

This may be relegated to my "put on to listen, but not watch" concert DVD collection. I'm afraid to open and watch my new Amy Winehouse and Barenaked Ladies DVDs.
Old 03-02-08, 04:07 PM

Wow!

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
5. Relax - great song. Catchy dance pop.
6. Ring Ring - just okay. kinda predictable but still enjoyable

8. Billy Brown - Okay. A kinda strange song but it will get in you head. Think "Old Fashioned Lover Boy" (Queen) times "The Diary of Horace Wimp" (ELO) divided by Penny Lane (Beatles) = Billy Brown
The first one is my favourite song, the second is a bonus track on the british album which is quite annoying and the third is summed up perfectly by brian lul dvd. Is it only me though who thinks that Mika with a 'tash COULD be Freddie??? Me and a lot of friend think he is kinda similar looking. Sorry if anyone is offended.
Old 03-02-08, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Freddie was one of a kind no one sings like him ((George Michael is closest))!
Mika and everyone else are just pretenders.