Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New "Al TV" for 2006

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

New "Al TV" for 2006

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-06, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New "Al TV" for 2006

Anyone see this? Watching right now, missed the first half hour. He's just brutal with Kevin Federline.

According to weirdal.com, it's repeating at 1 PM Thursday, VH1. I don't know when this first debuted, it couldn't have coincided with SOL's release, he makes several references in his "interview" with K-Fed about the split from Britney...
Old 12-20-06, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was alright. In the beginning he "interviewed" Jessica Simpson, it was pretty funny. It mostly showed his new videos though.
Old 12-20-06, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I saw about half of this Saturday afternoon. That K-Fed interview felt like it went on forever. He should have cut it by about 5 minutes.
Old 12-20-06, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw Al TV last weekend. Not bad! I liked the polka medley he did of modern songs. Does he do that all the time?
Old 12-20-06, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this new al-tv was first aired friday night 12-15... and yes, every one of his albums always has a polka medley... but due to rights issues, the only time you'll ever see one of those compilation video medleys is during his al-tv show... the video clip version is never on any of his dvd (clips or concert)... but he does always do a polka medley of recent hits at his concerts!
Old 12-20-06, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts
Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
I liked the polka medley he did of modern songs. Does he do that all the time?
Pretty much. Every album since In 3-D in '84 has had a polka. "Alapalooza" just had one song rather than a medley (a polka version of "Bohemian Rhapsody"), the polka on "In 3-D" had a bunch of classic songs as well as contemporary songs, and the medley on the "UHF" soundtrack was all Rolling Stones songs.
Old 12-21-06, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Originally Posted by dadaluholla
I saw about half of this Saturday afternoon. That K-Fed interview felt like it went on forever. He should have cut it by about 5 minutes.
But then we may have missed out on questions such as "What's it like having a closet full of wifebeaters and no wife?"
Old 12-21-06, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts
The K-Fed one was painful, almost like picking on the kid with the helmet in school, but the Jessica Simpson bit was hilarious. My wife had to stop the playback off the DVR (again; see The Office a few weeks ago) so I could stop choking on my dinner, when he asked about her dog: "We're shooting it in April."