Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

MEGADETH "That One Night: Live In Buenos Aires" [DVD & CD] -3/6/07

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 12-02-06, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 190 Posts

Megadeth Releasing DVD Of Concert In Argentina

Have you ever wondered what Megadeth sound like below the equator?

The veteran metal band and Image Entertainment are going to show you on March 6 when they release the That One Night: Live In Buenos Aires DVD.

The disc showcases a concert in front of more than 25,000 fans at Obras Stadium in Buenos Aires, Argentina on Oct. 9, 2005. The show, which Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine calls "one of the greatest nights" of his life, features songs stretching across the group's career - from 1986's Peace Sells... But Who's Buying to 2004's The System Has Failed.

"That One Night is a lesson in metal fanaticism by some of the best participating, most frenzied and intense concert-goers in the world," says Mustaine. "If seeing this doesn't convince you how lethal a Megadeth concert in Argentina with some very close personal friends can be, don't worry... you're already dead."

Mustaine and the rest of the band - guitarist Glen Drover, drummer Shawn Drover and bassist James Lomenzo - are finishing their new CD, tentatively titled United Abominations, which should be in stores this spring.

Megadeth recently completed their second Gigantour festival tour of the U.S. The two-stage tour included Lamb Of God, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Overkill, Into Eternity, Sanctity and The Smash-Up. A DVD of the first Gigantour is available via Image Entertainment.

Here are the songs on That One Night: Live in Buenos Aires:

1. Blackmail the Universe
2. Set the World Afire
3. Wake the Dead
4. In My Darkest Hour
5. She Wolf
6. Reckoning Day
7. A Tout Le Monde
8. Hangar 18 & Return of Hangar 18
9. I'll Be There
10. Tornado of Souls
11. Trust
12. Something That I'm Not
13. Kick the Chair
14. Coming Home
15. Symphony of Destruction
16. Peace Sells
17. Holy Wars

Bonus:
18. Alternate track of Symphony of Destruction

Length: 95 minutes
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1 [Enhanced for 16x9 TVs]
Sound: 5.1 Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1

MEGADETH.com

Last edited by gerrythedon; 01-24-07 at 10:00 PM.
Old 12-02-06, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Let us go back a bit.... [in case anyone else cares ]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --
October 10, 2005

THIS JUST IN: "YES, MEGADETH IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO PLAY" DAVE MUSTAINE makes his announcement after a special version of "Coming Home" to the Argentinian crowd at the sold out show in Buenos Aires.

I told you earlier tonight that I was gonna let all of you know first before the rest of the world what our decision was - whether or not we were gonna continue with MEGADETH or not," MUSTAINE said before playing a special rendition of "Coming Home", with the song's lyrics changed from the original "I'm coming home to Arizona" to "I'm coming home to Argentina." Immediately after the song, MUSTAINE said "The answer is yes." MEGADETH will continue as a band. MEGADETH will record a new album. MEGADETH will continue to play.

MEGADETH played an unplugged performance in a public park in Bueno Aires this past Saturday, Oct 8. The surprise acoustic show was filmed and will be included in the upcoming 'Argentina concert' DVD.

Acoustic Setlist:
Trust
Angry Again
Use The Man
Sweating Bullets
She Wolf
Holy Wars
In My Darkest Hour
A Tout Le Monde
Symphony Of Destruction

MEGADETH.com
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Damn, what happened to the acoustic show being part of the DVD!?
Old 12-02-06, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,308 Likes on 1,564 Posts
I'd love to see that accoustic show. That sucks if it's not on the DVD.
Old 01-24-07, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

pre-order: http://www.amazon.com/That-One-Night...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd
Old 02-24-07, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

review:

Coming hot off the heals of the highly successful tours that followed the US version of Gigantour 2006, Megadeth are set to release That One Night: Live in Buenos Aires on March 6, 2007 – a live DVD that was recorded Oct. 9, 2005 at the Obras Stadium in Buenos Aires in front of over 25,000 rabid Megadeth fans. “I am glad I was able to document it and share it with you,” says Dave Mustaine. “I have waited ten years to show the rest of the world how much Megadeth and Argentina love each other. If seeing this doesn’t convince you how lethal a Megadeth concert in Argentina with some very close personal friends can be, don’t worry….you’re already dead!”.

The opening of the DVD shows just that. The vehicles that the guys are riding in get mobbed almost Beatlesque style as they are presumably driven from the airport to the hotel. Dave talks about wanting to play acoustically in front of the hotel so all the fans that have gathered can participate. And that’s just what they do. Scattered throughout the live footage is the video that was shot of Dave Mustaine and Glen Dover playing acoustically while the fans sing every word. The interaction between the band and the fans comes across as a group of friends just playing and hanging out. Most of the time the fans are singing louder than Dave and both guitars combined.

When the band hits the stage of the stadium with the opening song the place just erupts. Every person in the place is jumping and absorbing every riff that is coming their way. Throughout the entire show the fans actually sing the riffs louder than the band plays them! Considering the decibel level the band puts out, that is not a simple feat for the fans.

Brothers Drover seem odd throughout the set. They seem pissed, annoyed or just downright mechanical. Rarely do they crack a smile or any other facial expression. Doesn’t hamper their playing, that’s for sure. The band as a unit seems tighter than they have ever been. Since The System Has Failed through both Gigantour tours last year (one in the US and one abroad), the band has a new lease on life. The past couple of years has shown that Megadeth is still a force to reckon with, and shows no sign of slowing. This is simply a great DVD. You will get people who will whine about the setlist without even watching the DVD or feelings its vibe. I feel sorry for them, they just won’t get it. Argentina is definitely a home away from home for Megadeth, and they could not have chosen a better place to record the DVD. You can see it in Mustaine’s eyes just how much the crowd means to him. This is not just a live DVD, its a home video.

KNAC.com
Old 02-24-07, 09:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm looking forward to this, although the set list has a few klunkers in it.

On the Arsenal DVD there is a clip of Symphony of Destruction being played in Argentina and the crowd was going crazy bananas.
Old 02-24-07, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts
That review makes it sound like the concert is interrupted by inserted clips of the acoustic stuff. If so, that is ass. Show the concert continuously and have the other stuff as an extra. Hopefully the review is just unclear and it is done the correct way.
Old 03-05-07, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

[out tomorrow]

Best Buy $13.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....p=1&id=1615746

Deep Discount DVD $13.29
http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewprod...ductId=7957193
Old 03-15-07, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Jippy
Anybody pick up the new live DVD yet? I've been reading about some complaints about the audio tracks. Can somebody offer their perspective?
I ordered mine but haven't received it yet. I'll check the forums and see what they say.
Old 03-16-07, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saw it at Wal-Mart for $14.88 yesterday.
Old 03-16-07, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone watched this yet? Is the concert uninterrupted? Is the Acoustic set from the public park on there too?
Old 03-17-07, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm watching it right now. the sound is incredible (DTS track). Thae park footage is scattered throughout and it is not the complete songs, I would have prefered a separate feature too, oh well.

Last edited by cactusoly; 03-17-07 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-17-07, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts
No sale for me then. I hate interrupted concert dvds.
Old 07-31-07, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

MEGADETH: “THAT ONE NIGHT: LIVE IN BUENOS AIRES” LIVE DOUBLE CD SET

MEGADETH and IMAGE ENTERTAINMENT will release THAT ONE NIGHT: LIVE IN BUENOS AIRES, a live double CD set on September 4, 2007. The companion to the gold-certified DVD of the same name that was released earlier this year, the CD set contains 22 tracks, including three--“Skin Of My Teeth,” “Die Dead Enough” and “Angry Again”--not included on the DVD.

This show was filmed live at Obras Stadium in Buenos Aires, Argentina on October 9, 2005 before a rabid audience of over 25,000 fans. The disc features songs encompassing MEGADETH’s career, ranging from their 1986 album Peace Sells…But Who’s Buying through 2004’s The System Has Failed. “This was one of the greatest nights of my life,” says MEGADETH founder and frontman DAVE MUSTAINE. “I am glad I was able to document it and share it with you.”

Here’s the track listing for “That One Night:”

“Blackmail The Universe”
“Set The Word Afire”
“Skin Of My Teeth”
“Wake Up Dead”
“In My Darkest Hour”
“Die Dead Enough”
“She Wolf”
“Reckoning Day”
“Hangar 18/Return To Hangar”
“I’ll Be There”
“Tornado of Souls”
“Trust”
“Something That I’m Not”
“Kick The Chair”
“Coming Home To Argentina”
“Symphony of Destruction”
“A Tout Le Monde”
“Angry Again”
“Peace Sells”
“Holy Wars”

MEGADETH.com
Old 07-31-07, 10:15 PM

Wow, 25,000 fans! Just wondering, does Megadeth pull nowadays crowds like that here in the US all by themselves?
Old 07-31-07, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by polietilen
Wow, 25,000 fans! Just wondering, does Megadeth pull nowadays crowds like that here in the US all by themselves?
no...
Old 09-05-07, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
MEGADETH: “THAT ONE NIGHT: LIVE IN BUENOS AIRES” LIVE DOUBLE CD SET

MEGADETH and IMAGE ENTERTAINMENT will release THAT ONE NIGHT: LIVE IN BUENOS AIRES, a live double CD set on September 4, 2007. The companion to the gold-certified DVD of the same name that was released earlier this year, the CD set contains 22 tracks, including three--“Skin Of My Teeth,” “Die Dead Enough” and “Angry Again”--not included on the DVD.

This show was filmed live at Obras Stadium in Buenos Aires, Argentina on October 9, 2005 before a rabid audience of over 25,000 fans. The disc features songs encompassing MEGADETH’s career, ranging from their 1986 album Peace Sells…But Who’s Buying through 2004’s The System Has Failed. “This was one of the greatest nights of my life,” says MEGADETH founder and frontman DAVE MUSTAINE. “I am glad I was able to document it and share it with you.”

Here’s the track listing for “That One Night:”

“Blackmail The Universe”
“Set The Word Afire”
“Skin Of My Teeth”
“Wake Up Dead”
“In My Darkest Hour”
“Die Dead Enough”
“She Wolf”
“Reckoning Day”
“Hangar 18/Return To Hangar”
“I’ll Be There”
“Tornado of Souls”
“Trust”
“Something That I’m Not”
“Kick The Chair”
“Coming Home To Argentina”
“Symphony of Destruction”
“A Tout Le Monde”
“Angry Again”
“Peace Sells”
“Holy Wars”

MEGADETH.com
*reminder* this came out yesterday
Old 06-12-11, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: MEGADETH "That One Night: Live In Buenos Aires" [DVD & CD] -3/6/07

'Megadeth: That One Night - Live in Buenos Aires' Blu-ray Announced

The legendary metal band returns to Blu-ray this July.

In an early announcement to retailers, Image Entertainment is working on 'Megadeth: That One Night - Live in Buenos Aires' for Blu-ray on July 12.

Filmed live at Obras Stadium, Buenos Aires, Argentina, on October 9, 2005. Megadeth is one of the most commercially successful heavy metal bands, selling more than 20 million albums worldwide, including the Grammy nominated multi-platinum Countdown to Extinction. In the U.S. alone, Megadeth have received four platinum records, six gold records, and seven Grammy nominations for Best Metal Performance.

Performances include: Blackmail the Universe, Set the World Afire, Wake Up Dead, In My Darkest Hour, She Wolf, Reckoning Day, A Tout Le Monde, Hangar 18, I'll Be There, Tornado of Souls, Trust, Something That I'm Not, Kick the Chair, Coming Home, Symphony of Destruction, and Peace Sells.

The Blu-ray will feature 1080p video, a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 soundtrack, and supplements include an alternate version of Symphony of Destruction.

Suggested list price for the Blu-ray is $19.98.

HIGHDEFDIGEST.com
Old 11-10-21, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: MEGADETH "That One Night: Live In Buenos Aires" [DVD & CD] -3/6/07

The concert is being released on all formats, including digital, on CD as a two-disc gatefold wallet, and in a deluxe three-LP vinyl set that comes in a variety of colors from 180-gram black to purple splatter to clear, red and blue, as well as a deluxe multi-media box set that includes a Blu-ray, a DVD and two CDs. Each release comes with a complete set of liner notes written by Mustaine reflecting on this historic and memorable live performance.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/me...nza-from-2005/