DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   The Who: Endless Wire (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/482395-who-endless-wire.html)

Dr. Henry Jones, Jr. 11-01-06 09:14 AM

The Who: Endless Wire

Anyone pick this up yet? Thoughts?

cdollaz 11-01-06 10:02 AM

I listened to it and thought it was pretty crappy. Seemed lifeless. Mostly acoustic-guitar based.

atlantamoi 11-01-06 10:53 AM

Too long. Horrible album cover. A few decent songs mixed in with average stuff. It was really hard listening to it all in one sitting.

mh4268 11-01-06 11:00 AM

Track 3 is pretty good. Have not got a chance to listen to whole thing.

cungar 11-01-06 12:28 PM

I have a slightly better opinion of it than what's been posted here. I think it's a decent Townshend album with some Daltrey vocals, but as we all know this is in no way, shape or form "The Who".

The included DVD and CD Live at Lyon though is just atrocious. I mean what were they thinking? Roger sounds like he gargled Lysol before going on and Pete looks like he'd rather be on his boat.

And geez, Roger forgets the line "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" from WGFA. He just doesn't even sing it.

Glad I skipped this tour.

nodeerforamonth 11-01-06 10:19 PM

Howard Stern played a little clip from it. Sounded like a live acoustic album (is it? I didn't even know anything about this until I read this thread). Pretty rockin' though! I liked what I heard (for those 30 seconds).

zombiezilla 11-02-06 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by cungar
Roger sounds like he gargled Lysol before going on and Pete looks like he'd rather be on his boat. Glad I skipped this tour.

I'm sure that Pete would rather be on his boat. But he's gotta pay for it somehow, LOL.

I didn't even consider going. The Who died long ago, if you ask me (and I love their stuff). Well before John's untimely death.

theflicker 11-02-06 11:59 PM

I posted this in the Best Buy ad thread, but figured many don't return there, so maybe someone here knows the answer:

Is the Best Buy exclusive disc inside the packaging or is it loose? If the disc is inside, is there a sticker indicating so or anything? I just spent a while at the Best Buy in Orange, CT and they had no idea. A photo of what to look for would be great.

BSTNFAN 11-03-06 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by theflicker
I posted this in the Best Buy ad thread, but figured many don't return there, so maybe someone here knows the answer:

Is the Best Buy exclusive disc inside the packaging or is it loose? If the disc is inside, is there a sticker indicating so or anything? I just spent a while at the Best Buy in Orange, CT and they had no idea. A photo of what to look for would be great.

It is packaged inside. There is a big sticker on the front that says it contains a bonus CD. The back describes the contents of the box, including the bonus CD...It will be VERY obvious that you have the right one.

theflicker 11-03-06 02:52 PM

Thanks for the info. I found it today. It's nice that the bonus cd is actually incorporated into the package and not wedged inside in some cardboard sleeve.