DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Ben Folds Fall 2006 Tour (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/482264-ben-folds-fall-2006-tour.html)

Brent_MN 10-30-06 11:03 PM

Ben Folds Fall 2006 Tour

has anyone seen Mr. Folds this fall yet? I'm seeing him Wednesday in Houston. Didn't realize the Houston Symphony is with him!! I sure hope he doesn't tone down his show for this...I'm sure he won't.

This is my first time seeing him; I've been a fan since BFF's "Whatever and Ever Amen" so I am REALLY looking forward to it.

What can I expect??

I saw him on Conan a couple weeks ago dressed in full pirate regalia, even an eye patch! Funny thing was, he was playing a mellow song. The best part was when Conan was ending the show, Ben flipped the audience the double-bird! :lol:

dave-o 11-01-06 11:48 AM

I have seen him a few times before (most recently last year). He puts on a great show. It is even better now that he is touring with a band (and not just him an the piano). I bet the concert you are going to see with the full symphony will be fantastic. Have fun and let us know how it was!

Giles 11-01-06 12:00 PM

yeah I missed the last Ben Fold's concert that was in DC, featured the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra over at Strathmore Hall. This time around he's gonna be over at AU's Bender Arena.

Brent_MN 11-03-06 01:38 AM

okay, the show last night in Houston was great! Ben was a little more toned down because he had a 72 piece orchestra backing him, but it was still an awesome show. He didn't play "Rock This Bitch" despite some frat boy screaming it loud enough for the whole auditorium to hear. He didn't do "Bitches Ain't Shit" either, which would have been so cool with the symphony...but I suppose it's way way too vulgar for that setting. lol.

The thing I loved tho is that he doesn't care what all those high brow folks think of him...he was still dropping f-bomb's and being himself. Very cool. I even got to do the crowd participation in "Not the Same," something I thought I'd never experience. :)

I'd love to see him when he doesn't need to hold back. So, next time.

He mentioned how in the next couple years he'd like to record a live CD with the symphony, as the DVD he did in Australia is coming out soon....

Pezcore 11-03-06 07:30 AM

The DVD of Ben with Australian Symphony is already out. It came out last fall. Pick it up if you don't have it. He actually does a great version of Rock This Bitch on there. Smoke is amazing as well.

Originally Posted by Brent_MN
okay, the show last night in Houston was great! Ben was a little more toned down because he had a 72 piece orchestra backing him, but it was still an awesome show. He didn't play "Rock This Bitch" despite some frat boy screaming it loud enough for the whole auditorium to hear. He didn't do "Bitches Ain't Shit" either, which would have been so cool with the symphony...but I suppose it's way way too vulgar for that setting. lol.

The thing I loved tho is that he doesn't care what all those high brow folks think of him...he was still dropping f-bomb's and being himself. Very cool. I even got to do the crowd participation in "Not the Same," something I thought I'd never experience. :)

I'd love to see him when he doesn't need to hold back. So, next time.

He mentioned how in the next couple years he'd like to record a live CD with the symphony, as the DVD he did in Australia is coming out soon....