DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/481870-my-chemical-romance-black-parade.html)

wlj 10-26-06 12:32 PM

My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade.

Pretty good album. Very different from what they have done before. I still prefer Three Cheers... though

wlj

Rubix 10-26-06 06:07 PM

this should have been a sideproject, not a followup to the last one. both the killers and mcr are a bunch of weirdos.

NitroJMS 10-26-06 09:11 PM

I'm not overly familiar with this band, but after seeing them on SNL last week, they came off as some sort of wannabe Smashing Pumpkins.

Daytripper 10-26-06 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by NitroJMS
I'm not overly familiar with this band, but after seeing them on SNL last week, they came off as some sort of wannabe Smashing Pumpkins.

Man, you nailed it. I couldn't figure out for the life of me who (and what) that lead singer reminded me of when I saw them on "SNL". And I didn't think they were very good live btw. Billy Corgan with bleached blond hair! Good call.

DamingR 10-27-06 05:44 AM

There's a definite SP vibe with them. I think I'll pick up the CD due to the good reviews.

Stoney 10-27-06 08:58 AM

I'm really liking the new CD. Very different than Three Cheers, but consistantly good.

wlj 10-27-06 09:49 AM

The lead vocalist Gerard does look alot like Billy Corgan. They kinda have that Adore-Era SP vibe. The new album is a good listen, but I prefer the punkier Three Cheers...

starseed1981 10-27-06 01:42 PM

Good listen. Put me in the minority that enjoys this more than the last one.

Rocketdog2000 10-27-06 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Good listen. Put me in the minority that enjoys this more than the last one.

I'm with you there, too. Think the new album is leaps and bounds better than Three Cheers.... That album had 3 good tracks, where as this one has about 3 bad ones - a substantial difference in which I'd choose to like and listen to more.

Jack Straw 10-27-06 11:22 PM

Black Parade is a solid effort with many great hard rock anthems and great production. That being said, I still think that "Three Cheers..." is even better. That album is close to perfection for me. I just wish their live shows (particularly Gerard's vocals) were as tight as their studio work.

atlantamoi 10-29-06 06:17 AM

I would have never bothered listening to this album if not for a couple of glowing reviews I saw. It's okay. Definitely not a bad recording, but when I hear stuff like this it just makes me realize how old I am :). Seriously, this would have been a high school high point, but as it is I'm not really interested.

foofighters7 10-30-06 11:29 AM

I bought the album day of release. I wasnt someone early on the MCR bandwagon, I tend to lump most new bands together as crap...BUT then I found their 2nd album in the pawn shop, bought it and it was quite good, good musically good lyrically. So I bought the new one too, and it is once again a solid effort.

just one thing. is it just me or did anyone else see the cover of 'The Black Parade' and think of 'The Black Rider' By Tom Waits? Its possible im just thinking to much about it, since I love Waits, but did anyone else think of this?

FF7

Jack Straw 10-30-06 08:59 PM

I'm really digging "The Sharpest Lives" and "I Don't Love You". This album is moving up pretty fast in my ranking. I agree with everything FF7 wrote. And yes, there definitely is a similarity in album cover artwork.

FatTony 10-31-06 12:25 AM

Listened to a few tracks of this and thought it was even weaker than the last one. Too polished and radio produced for my tastes. Their first one was pretty decent though.

RichC2 10-31-06 11:35 AM

Rather enjoy the album, a bit more mainstream but not bad by any means.

mh4268 10-31-06 06:59 PM

Really like this album. Not bad to workout to as well. I think it is better than the last one. In my top ten for the year.

ytrez 11-02-06 08:52 AM

I love this album. Before last week I'd probably never even heard an entire MCR song, but this is probably my favorite current album.