Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Kiss Alive! 1975-2000 11/21

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Kiss Alive! 1975-2000 11/21

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-06, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zombiezilla
Stopped at both again tonight, no dice yet.

I've e-mailed the guys at kissonline.com about it and still haven't gotten a reply from them either. They're usually pretty quick to reply.
Old 12-13-06, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, stopped by my local BB today, and they don't have the disc yet, either - but at least they were aware of the issue. They had just gotten a shipment in, too, so they said I should check back again tomorrow or after. We'll see.
Old 12-13-06, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

For the first time, I'm glad I ordered mine from BB.com since I got my disc Monday.
Old 12-13-06, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by bigjim25
For the first time, I'm glad I ordered mine from BB.com since I got my disc Monday.

How come the online BB knows about it yet the stores have no clue???
Old 12-13-06, 07:01 PM
Banned

Yeah, that's really complete bullshit.
Old 12-13-06, 10:54 PM

well, I called another local best buy tonight... and they not only knew what I was talking about... they said they had them in and ready to distribute! so I called the one closer to me (the one where last week the manager took my name & number and promised he'd call me when they showed up)... and they too said they have them!

so I waited 3 hours until the crowds would have died down, and went there...

and do you know what happened?

first person I asked said they hadn't come in...

I told him someone there had told me they HAD come in and could he please pursue it...

he asked person number 2 who agreed they had not come in...

he asked person number 3 and they said they had come in... but he had no idea where they were...

they searched for them... probably about 10 minutes... then told me that the customer service desk had them and for me to go there...

I went there, braced for disappointment... and they handed me one!

not only that, but they didn't even care to look at my receipt! I was previously told that they'd have to do a register transaction or at least write on the receipt so you couldn't go get multi copies...

needless to say, I'm tempted to go back and get another since the new bonus disc alone is selling on ebay already for more than the box set cost!
Old 12-14-06, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Back to my local BB today to see if they had in fact gotten the bonus dics in with the prior day's shipment.

Went up to the first guy I saw and explained the situation to him, but unlike the night before, this guy was clueless to the whole thing. I showed him the statement I had printed out from Kiss-Online website, and he asked he if could go show it to a manager to see what the deal was. I told him sure, and 5 minutes later, he came back with the bonus disc in hand. He did, however, ask to see my receipt, and also took my name down as he said they were trying to keep track of who had come in to get the replacement disc already.
Old 12-14-06, 10:12 AM

I stopped by two BB's on my way home last night.

At BB#1, after going through CS and a manger, they came to the conclusion that ,yes, they knew what I was talking about but the feared that the discs were thrown out because corporate management had come through and declared their inventory area to be too messy. The only help was "Sorry about that. Don't know what to tell you. Try another location."

At BB#2, I went back to CS and the GM was there and got the iventory manager on it. They finally found some info to confirm what I was teling them. They showed me in their inventory that there were 11 ordered, but they haven't received them yet. They took my name and number and promised to call when they came in.
Old 12-14-06, 11:58 AM

please don't count on a call from them... if you want the replacement disc, you're going to have to be persistant... it worked for me...
Old 12-14-06, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by bearkiss
please don't count on a call from them... if you want the replacement disc, you're going to have to be persistant... it worked for me...

Don't worry. It's on my way home. I'll be checking in often. LOL. I don't want to risk having them throw them away too.
Old 12-14-06, 08:16 PM
Banned

Checked two more on the way home: still no luck. DAMN!
Old 12-17-06, 10:15 AM
Banned

So, anyone else had any luck? Not me. YET.
Old 12-17-06, 12:21 PM

I've received conflicting information from my local Best Buy. One day they told me they would be receiving them soon. And on another day they told me that I had to call 1-888-BESTBUY to get it.
Old 12-17-06, 08:18 PM
Banned

This info is what I found when I Googled for some info about this situation helped me find my CD today, so read on, you fellow KISS fanatics!

------

[Getting those bonus tracks from Best Buy was a real nightmare. I have went through every trial and tribulation and have finally prevailed. It seems as though they have had these tracks since Novemeber 30th. I was reading all of the events that transpired on the computer screen along with the music department manager. They started to disseminate them on 12-8-06 to those who purchased it online, but those who purchased at retail did not get them until 12-11-06. The news release said that all retail outlets would have them by 12-9-06. The date and "all" outlets are a big scam. Why? Well...It is also worth mentioning that Best Buy is cherry-picking which stores are to get them. I had to drive 45 miles to the only Best Buy store on this side of the state that received a small shipment. Did I mention that they have had the bonus disc since November 30th? Good luck in getting a staff to know what you are talking about and even getting a copy for that matter. They are not even asking for receipts and scammers will go and pick them up and sell it for huge dollars on ebay. Anyway, you will have to find a store that still has it and go to the music department, not the return merchandise counter as I was originally directed. The cd comes in a plain white cardboard jacket that says, "Kiss box set advertised on 11/21. This replacement Cd includes the '2,000 Millennium Concert' and 2 Kiss bonus tracks. These are to be enjoyed along with the other tracks in the Kiss box set." sku#8186189 (but they are not scanning them) Good luck in trying to inventory this!!! Also, tell the sales associate that the discs are in a small and plain cardboard box that has "Kiss replacement discs" written in magic marker! I found the box sitting there why the sales associate was fondling around looking for them!!!!!!!!]

------

Anyone within driving distance of Hulan, Texas should know that the BB there (near the Hooters off I-20) has around 15 copies left as of this evening. And they're NOT checking reciepts, etc., if you've "lost/misplaced" any of your paperwork (though I had mine in hand, natch).
Old 12-17-06, 08:25 PM

I picked mine up no problem today at the Frisco, TX Best Buy. They had them in the wherehouse.
Old 12-17-06, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 332 Likes on 175 Posts
Is the set still scanning for $19.99 in store? The website is showing $37.99. Thanks.
Old 12-18-06, 04:26 AM
Banned

I'm not sure about the 19.99; I bought mine the day BB got them.
Old 12-18-06, 11:46 AM

For those of you who have been told to call 888-BestBuy for the replacement, don't waste your time. They will only tell you to take your receipt back to one of stores for the replacement disc; unless you ordered it through Bestbuy.com, then they'll mail you one out.
Old 12-18-06, 09:05 PM
Banned

MAKE THEM LOOK UP THE SKU I MENTIONED ABOVE!!! It's the only way I found out which stores have them, and how many. Until I got the sku from a particularly helpful pair of ladies working the service desk at the Mansfield, Texas location, I didn't have shit to go on; just phone calls and walk-ins where I had to tell the whole complicated story again, usually to an employee who misunderstood completely, didn't care to look, or just didn't give two shits about me or the CDs.
Old 12-19-06, 12:25 AM

Thanks for the SKU zombiezilla. I actually scored one this afternoon at a Best Buy 15 minutes away from where I originally purchased the set. By the way, this was at the Woodland Hills, California Best Buy. And they did ask for the receipt.
Old 12-19-06, 10:55 AM

I stopped by the BB on my way home AGAIN last night and had the sales clerk look up the sku number zombiezilla mentioned before and was told, after a week of being told that 11 were on order, that they had 0 on hand and 0 on order. I got the manager and he called one of the stores showing they had some. He called and confirmed and asked that 3 be sent to this particular store(the one that had them was in another state). He told me to check back on Thursday. Not holding my breath that it will actually be there Thursday. Can anyone who has one tell me how much ass "2000 Man" kicks??
Old 12-19-06, 07:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kissfan_1
Can anyone who has one tell me how much ass "2000 Man" kicks??

Oh, it's KICKIN' my brutha, it is KICKIN'!
Old 12-21-06, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by zombiezilla
Oh, it's KICKIN' my brutha, it is KICKIN'!

Thanks, zombiezilla!! I'm going to stop by yet again on my way home tonight and see if they've received it. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I can't wait to hear "2000 Man"!!!!
Old 12-22-06, 09:42 AM

Well....stopped by AGAIN last night to see if they had received the CD from the other store as promised.....still no CD.
Old 12-27-06, 11:54 AM

Checked Saturday and again last night. Still no luck.