Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Paul McCartney-The Space Within US (A Concert Film)

Old 10-14-06, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Paul McCartney-The Space Within US DVD

Product Description
In 2005, rock legend Paul McCartney crossed America with his record-breaking, sold out U.S. tour. Now, harnessing the power of more than 25 hi-definition cameras and the thunder of 5.1 digital surround sound, PAUL McCARTNEY: THE SPACE WITHIN US captures this epic experience on DVD. Better than a front row seat, this feature-length concert film takes viewers onto the stage and beyond, capturing Paulís out of this world performance--which was beamed to the astronauts aboard the Mir space station who wake up to some "English Tea" with paul and the band through a live feed from the tour. PAUL McCARTNEY: THE SPACE WITHIN US FEATURES LIVE PERFORMANCES OF NEARLY 30 HITS INCLUDING: Magical Mystery Tour / Flaming Pie / Maybe Iím Amazed / Eleanor Rigby / Let Me Roll It / Drive My Car / Got To Get You Into My Life / Till THere Was You / I Will / Fine Line / Good Day Sunshine / Fixing a Hole / Hey Jude / Too Many People / Penny Lane / English Tea / Iíve Got a Feeling / Follow Me / Jenny Wren / Helter Skelter / Yesterday / Get Back DVD Features: "Paulís World" Featurette; Meet the Band Interviews; Song Selections; Liner Notes Introduction by Cameron Crowe"
Release date: Nov. 7, 2006.

Last edited by Jack Straw; 10-14-06 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-14-06, 09:33 PM

please please please let this DVD concert be a complete concert without cutting in the middle of a song to behind the sceens footage...every concert MAC has put out has been total crap in terms of a concert film.
Old 10-21-06, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'll have to get this ... Too Many People / She Came in Through the Bathroom Window kicked my ass in Chicago.
Old 10-22-06, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i cant get this...half the profits will go to heather!!!!

ok, i lied..this sounds AMAZING..the song list is amazing.
Old 10-28-06, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I gotta have this. The setlist is incredible.
Old 10-28-06, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by paulringodaman
i cant get this...half the profits will go to heather!!!!
And the other half to Yoko
Old 10-28-06, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Watched some of this tonight and was unimpressed. Way too many crowd shots and I thought the sound was muddy
Old 10-29-06, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Watched some of this tonight and was unimpressed. Way too many crowd shots and I thought the sound was muddy
The frequent crowd shots is a given on all official McCartney concert videos unfortunately but I'm concerned about the muddy sound comment. I wasn't expecting that to be an issue. I'm still looking forward to it and will see what my ears have to say about it.

The emotions brought out in the audience are part of the experience and I kind of understand why they want to show that. You see such amazing reactions from people as they see these songs performed including a significant amount of tears. That being said, my favorite McCartney video I have is a raw unedited pro shot TV feed of a seemless entire performance. I can confirm that he doesn't need all of the production and gloss to come off well on video.
Old 10-31-06, 08:24 AM
Cool New Member

DVD in Mail from DDD

Just received confirmation of shipping of the DVD from Deep Discount DVD
($14.97- free shipping)
Amazon is showing Nov 14th and wants pennies more and free shipping only if order is $25 or more

BTW...was by Sound Mixer Desk seating in Miami and LA....this dvd has to be one where scanning crowds should be both fun and a revelation if those two venues were any indication
Old 10-31-06, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

also, for those that don't want to buy the dvd it will be aired on A&E.

ē Paul McCartney: The Space Within Us
AETV, Sat Nov 04 10:00am MST