Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

2PAC: Pac's Life -11/21/06

Old 10-13-06, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

2PAC: Pac's Life -11/21/06

Official news from Amaru regarding 2pac album

Amaru have recently released some information to the public about the 6th posthumous Tupac album, released on the year of the 10th Anniversary of his death.

The release date for the album is November 21st, and the first singles which you hear on the radio now, are Pacís Life which was produced by LT Hutton and features hip hop and rap artists T.I. and Ashanti, and Untouchable the Swizz Beatz Remix featuring Bone Thugs-n-Harmony.

The album tracklist will be available soon and includes guest apperances from The Outlawz, Young Buck, Lil Scrappy and Keyshia Cole among others.

Check out the cover above and the promotional poster below.
http://www.streethop.com/forum/freetupac169600.html

STREETHOP.com
Old 10-20-06, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Official Tupac album news from Amaru

2Pacís legendary work ethic and constant drive often found him laying down vocals in two or three rooms of a recording studio simultaneously, and then heading straight to a film set, video shoot, or concert, only to begin again the next morning, sleeping during travel from one location to the next.

Since his tragic death, his spirit has been kept alive thanks to the extraordinary legacy of unfinished recordings he left behind, and the commitment his mother Afeni Shakur has made to continue to get his complete body of work released; work considered even more astonishing given that his first album came out in 1991 and he was murdered in September 1996 at age 25. Now some of the recordings from this tremendously prolific period are brought to light for the first time on Pacís Life (Amaru/Interscope Records), released November 21, 2006. Other than one verse fans will recognize from an earlier album, all of the recordings on the album are previously unheard.

Contributing to Pacís Life are Ludacris, Snoop Dogg, Keyshia Cole, T.I., Ashanti, Young Buck, Lil Scrappy, Carl Thomas, Outlawz, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Big Syke, Papoose, with productions from LT Hutton, Sha Money XL, Swizz Beatz and more. The artists and producers involved range from his close friends and colleagues to those who grew up on his music and were inspired and motivated by it. The passion and the fire inside him makes it possible, 10 years and 11 posthumous albums later to create yet another album of unreleased material.

ďI say it every time, that Tupac left us the blueprints to follow, and without the amazing contributions made by everyone of these artists, producers, musicians, everyone, I do not know how I would get this great task accomplished,Ē says Afeni Shakur, his mother, the albumís executive producer and founder of the Tupac Amaru Shakur Foundation. ďI believe whole-heartedly that Tupac sends the people he wants to these projects.Ē

STREEETHOP.com
Old 10-21-06, 03:38 PM
Banned

This thread just begs for the question:

"do you still feel sorry and empathy that singer TUPAC is dead?"

...and I'll just refrain from answering this one, LOL
Old 10-22-06, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Tupac needs to retire.
Old 10-22-06, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RyoHazuki
Tupac needs to retire.
Or at least give up the ghost.
Old 10-22-06, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I like the new single a lot.
Old 10-23-06, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Many say Tupac was like an angel... City of Los Angeles mourned him with great sadness...
Old 10-23-06, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Isn't he dead?
Old 10-24-06, 05:04 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

I always assumed the reason he had so much extra material recorded was because he was possibly going to be sent away to jail for several years and they wanted to be able to keep releasing albums in that time span.
Old 10-24-06, 05:49 PM
Banned

Tupac is the bunk.
Old 10-25-06, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Does anyone see a similarity between 2-pac's immortally prolific output and what happened with Hendrix? Is it the same thing? Pac's "resurrection" seems much more manufactured and commercially driven to me. I was only 8 when Jimi died, but it seems the hunger for his music was much more organic.
Scary story - I was at a married couple's home last week (husband - age 69, wife - age 47), and noticed on the wall a set of portraits. One was of Martin Luther King,Jr., the second was Jesus Christ (the white one), and the third and largest, in fact the centerpiece of an entire wall which also included pictures of family members, was a painting of 2-pac, head scarf and all. It was frightening. This guy has become deified in many people's eyes and I can't understand why.

Last edited by mike7162; 10-25-06 at 03:32 AM.