Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

U2: new "best of" + re-release of entire catalogue?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

U2: new "best of" + re-release of entire catalogue?

Old 01-10-07, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Not crazy about the song, but great video.
Old 01-11-07, 08:31 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cdollaz
Not crazy about the song, but great video.
This may seem strange coming from such an obsessive U2 freak such as myself, but I often feel that way when I hear a new U2 song for the first time. They usually twist things just enough for me to go, " Hmm, so that's what they're trying out?", but then within a month, it becomes bliss. I'll be damned if that isn't already happening with "Window in the Skies"; it's the vocal layering ("...I rhapsodize") at the end that really brings home the goods.
Old 01-11-07, 09:02 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
By the way, you can catch the equally inventive second video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMyHG5FEkAc
Old 03-26-07, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got the U2-18 Singles CD off Amazon Marketplace and had a question. They said it was the IMPORT edition, and the CD had a sticker stating "BONUS TRACK". Amazon says that it should have "I Will Follow" on the disc somewhere, but I only see 18 tracks and not the 19 as there should be on the Import version.

Am I missing something? Is the bonus track tacked onto the end of one of the other tracks or something?
Old 03-27-07, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 138 Likes on 75 Posts
Check the times of the songs. (Esp Windows In The Sky as it's the 18th song and it would make sense that they tacked IWF onto that song) Otherwise you got hosed...
Old 03-27-07, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Hollowgen
If they did something along the lines of what the Cure, Depeche Mode, Pavement, etc. are doing for remaster/reissues, I think we'd all trade in our 80's cds for those.
I liked how The Cure added a "limited edition" bonus disc to their last greatest hits album, featuring acoustic versions of all those hits. That's what definitely made it worth while for me.
Old 03-30-07, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

any new word on the remasters? I don't worship U2 like a lot of people do but an upgrade in sound for War, The Unforgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby would totally be worth every penny for me. I am surprised Universal (which owns the catalog) hasn't released a "deluxe edition" of any of these albums yet, especially with it being the 20th anniversary of The Joshua Tree.
Old 04-22-07, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What happened to iTunes offering live shows from the Vertigo tour? Wasn't this the promise when U2 struck a deal with Apple? Since I never seem to be able to track down tickets for them, it would have been nice to have one or two high quality (recent) concerts to jam out to in my car. Oh well.
Old 04-23-07, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,933 Likes on 1,929 Posts
Originally Posted by Tommy_Harn
What happened to iTunes offering live shows from the Vertigo tour? Wasn't this the promise when U2 struck a deal with Apple? Since I never seem to be able to track down tickets for them, it would have been nice to have one or two high quality (recent) concerts to jam out to in my car. Oh well.
The itunes version of U218 has the audio portion of the Vertigo show from Milan which was included in the deluxe CD/DVD release.
Old 04-23-07, 02:07 PM
Suspended

Received 262 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by nothingfails
any new word on the remasters? I don't worship U2 like a lot of people do but an upgrade in sound for War, The Unforgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby would totally be worth every penny for me.
Try tracking down the Mobile Fidelity gold remasters, although I think Joshua Tree goes for over $100. War and Unforgettable sell for much less (maybe around $50 each).
Old 04-24-07, 02:24 AM
Banned by request

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I got both the MFSL versions of War and The Unforgettable Fire for about $20 each.