Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New US date for George Michael "Twenty Five" CDs 04/01/08

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 09-28-06, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
Having just embarked on his first tour in 15 years, George Michael will offer his fans three other ways to experience his greatest hits this fall. Epic will on Nov. 14 issue two-disc and three-disc editions of the compilation "Twenty Five," as well as a two-DVD collection of music videos.

Three new tracks will appear on the two-CD album, including a duet with Paul McCartney on "Hear the Pain" as well as "An Easier Affair" and "This Is Not Real Love." A fourth new song, "Understand," will only be available on the three-disc set, which combines the two-CD track list with 15 extra songs on the third CD.

The DVDs collect 40 videos, ranging from Wham!'s "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" to "Round Here" from 2004's "Patience."

Michael opened an extensive European tour Saturday in Barcelona, courting controversy with an animated video accompanying "Shoot the Dog," which depicts President Bush in bed with British Prime Minister Tony Blair and his wife. Sources say North American tour dates for Michael are in the works for early next year.
Here are the track lists for "Twenty Five":
CD
Disc 1:
"Everything She Wants," Wham!
"Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go," Wham!
"Freedom," Wham!
"Faith"
"Too Funky"
"Fastlove"
"Freedom '90"
"Spinning the Wheel"
"Outside"
"As" with Mary J. Blige
"Freeek! (Not 04)"
"Shoot the Dog"
"Amazing"
"Flawless (radio edition)"
"An Easier Affair"
Disc 2:
"Careless Whisper," Wham!
"Last Christmas," Wham!
"A Different Corner"
"Father Figure"
"One More Try"
"Praying for Time"
"Heal the Pain" with Paul McCartney
"Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" with Elton John
"Jesus to a Child"
"Older"
"Round Here"
"You Have Been Loved"
"John and Elvis Are Dead"
"This Is Not Real Love" with Mutya

Disc 3 of the release is going to be a BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE:
Now you can grab an even larger collection of George Michael's career highlights on the new Deluxe Edition of his compilation, Twenty Five. This limited-edition release includes 29 tracks on two CDs, along with a Best Buy exclusive third CD with 15 additional tracks, including the brand-new tune, "Understand." That's a total of 44 songs!
Third disc of three-CD edition:
"Understand"
"Precious Box"
"Roxanne"
"Fantasy"
"Cars and Trains"
"Patience"
"You Know That I Want To"
"My Brother Had a Brother"
"If You Were There," Wham!
"Safe"
"American Angel"
"My Baby Just Cares for Me"
"Brother Can You Spare a Dime?" (performed at Pavarotti & Friends)
"Please Send Me Someone (Anselmo's Song)"
"Through"
DVD
Disc 1:
"Club Tropicana," Wham!
"Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go," Wham!
"Freedom," Wham!
"Last Christmas," Wham!
"Everything She Wants," Wham!
"I'm Your Man," Wham!
"The Edge of Heaven," Wham!
"Careless Whisper," Wham!
"A Different Corner"
"I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)" with Aretha Franklin
"I Want Your Sex"
"Faith"
"Father Figure"
"One More Try"
"Monkey"
"Kissing a Fool"
"Freedom '90"
"Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" with Elton John
"Too Funky"
Disc 2:
"Fastlove"
"Jesus to a Child"
"Spinning the Wheel"
"Older"
"Outside"
"As" with Mary J. Blige
"Freeek!"
"Amazing"
"John and Elvis Are Dead"
"Flawless (Go to the City)"
"Shoot the Dog"
"Roxanne"
"An Easier Affair"
"If I Told You That" with Whitney Houston
"Waltz Away Dreaming"
"Somebody To Love"
"I Can't Make You Love Me"
"Star People '97"
"You Have Been Loved"
"Killer"/"Papa Was a Rollin' Stone"
"Round Here"

I wish the DVDs could have been on CD instead of the CDs they are releasing.
Noteable songs missing from the CDs that should be there are:
"I'm Your Man," Wham!
"The Edge of Heaven," Wham!
"I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)" with Aretha Franklin
"I Want Your Sex"
"Monkey"
"Kissing a Fool"
"If I Told You That" with Whitney Houston
"Somebody To Love"
"Killer"/"Papa Was a Rollin' Stone"

Last edited by bigjim25; 03-26-08 at 06:41 PM.
Old 09-28-06, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, what a weak tracklist. No one has ever heard of half that shit. With 3 discs, they should be able to fit everything notable on there.

Also missing is:

Cowboys And Angels
Waiting For The Day
Mother's Pride
Hard Day
Where Did Your Heart Go
Old 09-28-06, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is a def for me, even though I have all the CDs already including the Ladies & Gentlemen greatest hits CD & DVD.
Old 09-28-06, 10:49 AM
Banned

Does he have any plans to come to the states?
Old 09-28-06, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ladies & Gentlemen greatest hits CD & DVD are good enough for me.
Old 09-28-06, 01:03 PM

No "Wham Rap" = No Sale.
Old 09-28-06, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
"Due to an overwhelming response by fans to his recently announced tour celebrating 25 years in the music industry, George Michael, as stated by his publicist, is considering a North American tour."
Old 09-28-06, 03:15 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Not impressed with that tracklist at all. This would have been a great opportunity to release a 2 or 3 disc all-encompassing greatest hits set that covered his best stuff from Wham as well as his solo hits and collaborations. But the omissions bigjim25 listed are HUGE oversights.

This is way too heavily balanced toward his later albums. Just comparing tracklistings there are 5 songs from 1996's Older and 6 songs from 2004's Patience, but only 3 songs from Faith??? Ridiculous. Of course I'm biased because I'm not a fan of his later house/club style songs like Fastlove/Freek/Easier Affair. (In all honesty if I had it my way I'd prefer a collection that went from Wham first album up through Five Live.) But still, it's awfully imbalanced.
Old 09-28-06, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
I wouldn't be surprised if he gave it a pass considering how bitter he was during "Equality Rocks" concert in the summer of 2000. He basically complained that no one here bought his last album (Song from the Last Century) which was rude. I myself considered it some of his finest work!!!

Since I have not seen him otherwise live since Faith when I was in high school, I'd certainly try to see him if he DOES decide to tour the Stats. (BTW I was wearing that Faith concert t-shirt from 1988 to that "Equality Rocks" concert just for him - that bastard.)
Old 09-29-06, 11:49 PM

How refreshing to have an album cover from George where he is actually smiling. Amazing!
Old 09-30-06, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Hmmmm...

Old 10-01-06, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What's his current music like? I loved Listen Without Prejudice, then the next time I heard his music he was doing some weird techo-pop stuff that completely turned me off.
Old 10-02-06, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bigjim25
I wish the DVDs could have been on CD instead of the CDs they are releasing.
That was my initial thought. I might prefer to just "listen" to the DVD in the car with the video screen closed. At least "I'm Your Man" and "The Edge of Heaven" are on there. No "Hard Day" on the CD is a letdown.
Old 10-02-06, 06:56 PM
Premium Member

George Michael Arrested on Drug Charges

Pretty timely
Old 10-03-06, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MovieExchange
What's his current music like? I loved Listen Without Prejudice, then the next time I heard his music he was doing some weird techo-pop stuff that completely turned me off.
That's pretty much exactly where I left off. I picked up "Older" and recently "Patience" (I think that's the title?), and really didn't enjoy either much. "Listen Without Prejudice" was a great album! I'll probably pass on this release unless I see it for a really good price.
Old 10-03-06, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by reverie
That's pretty much exactly where I left off. I picked up "Older" and recently "Patience" (I think that's the title?), and really didn't enjoy either much. "Listen Without Prejudice" was a great album! I'll probably pass on this release unless I see it for a really good price.
It is really too bad the Sony squashed Vol. 2 and since his emancipation from that contract has managed to keep it locked in their vaults somewhere.
Old 10-03-06, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
It is really too bad the Sony squashed Vol. 2 and since his emancipation from that contract has managed to keep it locked in their vaults somewhere.
I wasn't even aware there was a Vol. 2! So it's basically done, but unreleased..?
Old 10-03-06, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm buyin'
Old 10-04-06, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fryinpan1
Ladies & Gentlemen greatest hits CD & DVD are good enough for me.
Me too. I put that DVD on my ipod and am blown away by how good it is (hadn't watched the DVD in years). Freedom 90 is quite possibly the best video ever made. The genius idea of not showing the singer at all, but instead filling every frame with near-nude supermodels in their heyday interspersed with the destruction of his iconic items was a move beyond brilliant. I could watch that video a hundred times a day.

Really not much on the new set that I really need or want.
Old 10-04-06, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by reverie
I wasn't even aware there was a Vol. 2! So it's basically done, but unreleased..?
IIRC both were recorded at the same time. Michael fought to have Vol 1 the mellow and Vol 2 to be the party disc. Sony wanted some pop number 1 hits up front and forced him to replace stuff from 1 with songs from 2 ("Freedom 90" being one of those tracks). This was the beginning of the end for that relationship as Michael began to realize his artistic intergity counted for zilch when it came to the Sony execs. So those unreleased and cut tracks that were to be volume 2 are locked away in the Sony vault since they don't exclusively own the rights to market them anymore without a contract with the artist.
Old 03-23-08, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The 2 disc set is finally being released in the US on 04/01/2008. Eli Stone would be happy!
Old 03-25-08, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

BIG news today George Michael will be touring in the U.S.A (A-Big Multi-city-Tour).
Places like San Diego(June 17),Altanta,Las Vegas,Phoenix,Los Angeles,Seattle,Chicago,Dallas,Houston,New York,Boston,(Canada-Toronto,Montreal)
And ending the tour in Sunrise,Fla on Aug 3rd.
Old 03-25-08, 10:26 PM

i just recently got the dvd and 2-disc cd. i am a bit saddend that some songs didnt make the cd cut that are on the dvd, but for a casual george michael fan this is good enuff.
Old 03-26-08, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

funny that neither Greatest Hit CD has the edge. Ladies And Gentlemen lacks the Wham hits.... and Twenty Five doesn't contain a number of the Faith tracks (which is like a Prince GH skimping on Purple Rain or Michael Jackson GH skimping on Thriller). I only like a handful of 90's and recent GM songs, but love the 80's hits, yet neither collection is thorough at collecting those songs
Old 03-26-08, 03:17 PM

Yeah, you would think this would be the "ultimate" collection, as it is a full 3 CD's! They should have included everything that doesn't appear on Ladies and Gentlemen. It is nice to see "As" get a US release, but this set (even the Best Buy exclusive) leaves a lot to be desired.

The worst thing about this collection, is that it ends up leaving off even more great songs. They might as well have called this, "Best of Wham and some newer stuff."

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.