DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   SNOOP DOGG: The Blue Carpet Treatment -11/21/06 [Dre & Snoop back together] (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/478594-snoop-dogg-blue-carpet-treatment-11-21-06-%5Bdre-snoop-back-together%5D.html)

gerrythedon 09-23-06 10:40 PM

SNOOP DOGG: The Blue Carpet Treatment -11/21/06 [Dre & Snoop back together]

Snoop And Dre Together Again On New Album

Dr. Dre has produced several tracks for Snoop Dogg's upcoming album, "The Blue Carpet Treatment," due Nov. 21 via Doggystyle/Geffen. The new songs, which include "Imagine," will be the duo's first collaborative effort in roughly five years.

"Imagine" finds the two longtime friends and collaborators ruminating about hypothetical situations such as life without hip-hop ("Imagine Russell [Simmons] still struggling/no Def Jam," Dre raps) and if Tupac Shakur never died.

"Blue Carpet" also boasts production from the Neptunes, Timbaland and Rick Rock, among others. Nate Dogg and Ne-Yo have joined the list of previously announced guest artists, which includes R. Kelly, Stevie Wonder, the Game and Ice Cube.

BILLBOARD.com

saoirse 09-24-06 12:21 AM

Thanks for the heads up.

mndtrp 09-24-06 12:39 AM

This may be the first Snoop disc I've picked up in many years. Since it seems Dre will never get his disc out, this will have to do.

DrRingDing 09-24-06 04:54 AM

What are the chances that Dre gave Snoop some of his "Detox" songs? This is reportedly why he never gets anywhere close to actually releasing it - he gives the songs to the people he collaborates with.
-ringding-

gerrythedon 09-25-06 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by saoirse
Thanks for the heads up.

no problem.

... hope that Snoop lights a fire in DRE's ass, so he can finish Detox soon!

Giantrobo 09-25-06 01:19 PM

"<b>blue</b> carpet" huh?

Crip Cuzz!!!

PJsig08 09-25-06 04:32 PM

Snoop has delivered, some what, in recent years.

Tha Last Meal was the last really good CD he put out, but ever since then it's just been okay with a few hits here and there.

whynotsmile 10-18-06 01:05 PM

Well it leaked, but I don't know what I'm listening to. 1.3 hours, that Imagine song isn't on here, no kelly, stevie, ice cube or ne yo from what i've been hearing, but 2pac and biggie are. sounds like some track off of blue carpet, and a weird mix album.

That said, whatever the hell i do have is really good!

DRG 10-18-06 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by whynotsmile
Well it leaked, but I don't know what I'm listening to. 1.3 hours, that Imagine song isn't on here, no kelly, stevie, ice cube or ne yo from what i've been hearing, but 2pac and biggie are. sounds like some track off of blue carpet, and a weird mix album.

That said, whatever the hell i do have is really good!

A lot of early 'leaked' albums turn out to be fakes. A lot of times it's just an early single or two and a bunch of mixtape/soundtrack songs that someone threw together and claimed it's the new album.

fazeem 10-19-06 10:25 AM

<A HREF="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blue_Carpet_Treatment">Wikipedia</A> has a good list of the 'confirmed' songs on the CD. Alot of which are not on the "leaked" version. I am looking forward to the collabo with The Game

PJsig08 10-26-06 01:34 PM

http://images.umvd.com/Toenails/8870...a30b797e73.jpg

PJsig08 11-11-06 07:33 PM

Official one is out there....sounds really good. Better than the new Jay-Z

saoirse 11-13-06 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by PJsig08
Official one is out there....sounds really good. Better than the new Jay-Z

God, I hope so, Jay-Z fell off like 6 years back.

gerrythedon 11-13-06 08:05 PM

SNOOP DOGG & DR. DRE // Nov 05, 2006

Snoop Dogg readies for his highly anticipated album "The Blue Carpet Treatment" releasing on November 21. Early buzz from industry insiders promise a classic album complete with the reunion of Snoop and Dr. Dre with three bangers from the dynamic duo.

This classic pairing marks the duo's first collaborative effort in approximately five years and promises to make history once again.

Snoop says, "'That's That' is theme music for a classy gangsta party - that's when you ladies pull out the high heels and the playas pull out the three-piece suits. You'll see in the video! Me and R. Kelly had a lot of fun shooting this one."

The video for "That's That" will make its MTV Prime Time Premiere on November 7.

AFTERMATHMUSIC.con

whynotsmile 11-13-06 11:20 PM

Very good album if you like Snoop. It's mostly the usual Snoop, with lots of hos, weed and guns, but Snoop does it great. Good guests and some beats. Imagine with Dr is great, but my favorite has to be the second track.

Tarantino 11-15-06 04:15 PM

I'm really liking this new album. Great beats, Snoop going nuts...it's good.

= J

gerrythedon 11-28-06 08:47 PM

yeah also liked this album alot [I only have 2 other Snoop albums]. Got it since DRE produced some tracks and was itching for some good westcoast music to follow Game's [westcoast] classic album "Doctors Advocate".

My favorites are:

Crazy
Candy
Gangbangin' 101
Boss Life
L.A.X.
Round Here
PSST!