DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   The Game - "Doctor's Advocate" - 11/14/06 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/478477-game-doctors-advocate-11-14-06-a.html)

PJsig08 09-22-06 04:45 PM

The Game - "Doctor's Advocate" - 11/14/06

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...he-doc_adv.JPG

Confirmed Tracks

* "It's Okay (One Blood)" (featuring Junior Reid) (Produced by Reefa) (samples Junior Reid's Reggae track, "One Blood")
* "Strip Club (Let's Ride)" (Produced by Scott Storch)
* "Compton" (Produced By Will.i.am)

This has to be one of those most anticipated rap albums of the year. So far his first two singles (One Blood and Strip Club) are really good IMO.

argh923 09-22-06 05:36 PM

Hopefully this is even remotely as good as his first CD.

RyoHazuki 09-22-06 09:49 PM

So is it confirmed that Dre won't be on this album?

Al Padrino 09-22-06 10:08 PM

It's Okay is a hot track, but Game's delivery is shakey and honestly, he can attribute most of his popularity to once being affiliated with G-Unit and employing virtually every hot producer on the scene for his debut LP.

argh923 09-23-06 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Al Padrino
It's Okay is a hot track, but Game's delivery is shakey and honestly, he can attribute most of his popularity to once being affiliated with G-Unit and employing virtually every hot producer on the scene for his debut LP.

Except for the fact that he's worlds better than any G-Unit member in terms of rapping - not that it would take much.

Frank TJ Mackey 09-23-06 01:40 AM

I think he cut ties with Dre, but he's deep in the rap game as far as having big name guests and producers. dude is set

Al Padrino 09-24-06 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by abrg923
Except for the fact that he's worlds better than any G-Unit member in terms of rapping - not that it would take much.

That doesn't matter. I'm not a G-Unit fan, but their popularity can't be denied. Game got the rub by being affiliated with them.

argh923 09-24-06 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Al Padrino
That doesn't matter. I'm not a G-Unit fan, but their popularity can't be denied. Game got the rub by being affiliated with them.

I'd argue more that it had to do with being affiliated with Dr. Dre, and the tremendous hype job Dre did on Game.

EdTheRipper 09-24-06 03:53 PM

I'm looking extremely forward to this cd.

argh923 09-24-06 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper

Me too, after hearing 'One Blood'.

gerrythedon 09-25-06 07:47 PM

The Game talks about The Doctor's Advocate

The Game took a break from talking about Ras Kass and the fight in a Hollywood club to discuss his upcoming album, The Doctor’s Advocate, which will feature a who’s who of the hip hop universe.

"I got Nas on a record. Busta's back on the album. I did a song with Mary (J Blige), Marsha from Floetry. I got Tha Dogg Pound on the album. I didn't have Snoop on my first album, so I had to get him on this one. I got Kanye rappin' on this album too. And we got production by Just Blaze, Kanye, Scott Storch, Will.i.am. I worked with Swizz on this album. We went and seen Timbaland. I was in with (Dr.) Dre on this album."

He still fails to confirm or deny the rumour on whether Dre produces on the album though. Is it hype, or is there genuinely a problem?

STREETHOP.com

rhc 09-25-06 09:53 PM

in the new xxl mag (game on the cover) the interview he does confirm there are new dre beats on the album.

Michael T Hudson 09-25-06 10:32 PM

The beats on the first cd were great. I will pick this one up. I wonder if Detox will ever see the light of day.

Dawg 09-25-06 11:46 PM

Looking forward to the album, but why does everyone insist on working with Will.I.Am. nowadays?... Am I missing something?

Daryl 09-26-06 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper

no doubt. Game simply brings it lyrically, and I will be at Best Buy on release day to cop this. I really hope he leaves the 50 cent/G-Unit references at home, I don't really care about all that Game vs. G-Unit nonsense (although to be honest, I still lament the fact that they had a falling out. Game's lyrics combined with hooks from Captain Hook himself, 50, could have been an unstoppable force for years)

argh923 09-26-06 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Daryl
no doubt. Game simply brings it lyrically, and I will be at Best Buy on release day to cop this. I really hope he leaves the 50 cent/G-Unit references at home, I don't really care about all that Game vs. G-Unit nonsense (although to be honest, I still lament the fact that they had a falling out. Game's lyrics combined with hooks from Captain Hook himself, 50, could have been an unstoppable force for years)

Game's much better off without the worst rapper in modern rap at his side.

Daryl 09-27-06 10:41 AM

Say what you want about 50, the boy can write some memorable hooks. Now I disagree with his view that writing a hook counts as "writing a whole song" like he thinks it does ("after you come up with the hook, anyone can write lyrics"), but that's another story...

gerrythedon 10-02-06 08:03 PM

Game offers 50 an olive branch

Meanwhile, The Game visited Hot 97’s Angie Martinez and asked for his rap enemy 50 Cent to call into the station so that they can squash their beef.

"[I want] just to talk and just to see where our heads are and see if maybe we can come to an even playing field -- respectfully to each other," said the Game. "[I want to] see if we can figure it out [as] grown-ups."

The rappers tried to mend fences once before in a press conference. The Compton-born MC says he and 50 just weren’t mentally prepared to put matters to rest at the time.

"We weren't ready to do that. You can't force us to do anything," he told Martinez. "I don't think that either of us was ready to get on that stage."

Comparing the situation to a steak that’s not fully cooked, he explains: "You bit into [the steak] and it wasn't ready because it wasn't done. We were just coerced into that situation. At the end of the day, we are all getting money and it should be good. Its hip-hop, it's a competition."

STREETHOP.com

gerrythedon 10-02-06 08:06 PM

The Game disses Dr. Dre? A picture speaks a thousand words

An interesting photo just made it's way into the StreetHop.com office perhaps proving a Game vs. Dr. Dre beef. And while even we had our doubts about the authenticity of the image, it appears to have come directly from someone at BlackWallStreet.

http://www.streethop.com/images/news...ssdrelarge.jpg

The image, while somewhat innocent to the untrained eye, is in fact a clever diss to Dr. Dre. The Game's famous “double Game chains” are visible above Eazy E's It's On (Dr. Dre) 187um Killa album; the late rappers first after parting ways with Dre and also one which featured several scathing disses to the Doctor including the infamous “Real Muthaphuckkin G's.”

Is Game repeating history and are the recent Suge and Game sightings connected to Game's sudden bravado? Drop us your thoughts below.

STREETHOP.com

hapgilmore 10-02-06 11:55 PM

Game is tight but he's a studio gangster if there ever was one. He was on Change of Heart and acted like a big wuss.

Daryl 10-03-06 02:01 AM

The image, while somewhat innocent to the untrained eye
:lol:

good thing Streethop.com, with their years of experience in studying subliminal rap insults, was there for all of us amateurs.

PJsig08 10-31-06 10:24 AM

Album has been leaked. Look forward to listening to it

kurupt 10-31-06 05:08 PM

On the first two tracks he sounds, both in flow and voice, just like Dre himself. Overall the album is pretty good, but not great. Upon the first couple listens, One Blood sounds better than anything else on the album. Nas has a nice verse, Just Blaze does a good job paying homage to West Coast beats from the 90's, and Will.I.Am submits a very nice beat for "Compton." I'm not as excited about the album as many on the internet seem to be. I think it is, indeed, missing Dr. Dre's touch, and Game still has the penchant for relentless name dropping. While it doesn't live up to the standard that he set with The Documentary, Game delivers a fairly solid, self-referential album will do okay in stores. Nothing that Jay-Z or Snoop should push their own releases back for, as Game rather foolishly stated in interviews recently.

MrChaos 10-31-06 06:12 PM

Album so far isn't bad. Probably is going to end up being like the first album in that it takes a few listens to enjoy. So far, the beats aren't as good as th first album though. Lyrical prowess is at the top of his game though as he spits clever rhymes.

Tarantino 11-01-06 07:26 AM

I think this album is really good. Great beats and solid verses from The Game, even though as someone already mentioned, his penchant for name dropping is a little annoying at times.

Good stuff though...loving it so far.

= J