Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Justin Timberlake's FutureSex/LoveSound out today (12 Sept 2006)

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 09-12-06, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

So, I'm just listening to it and it's interesting. I think upon initially listening it's decent and will probably grow on me the more I hear it.

Whachu think?
-ringding-
Old 09-12-06, 07:56 AM

As much as I didn't want to like it - Justin Timberlake kind of drives me up the wall - I instantly fell in love with 'Sexyback' the second I heard it. An absolute monster. However, Justin also sounds nothing like Justin in it - it really could be anyone. I suppose I like the production more than the song - because really, there's not much of a song there. But damn does it sound good turned to 11.

The rest of the album is decent at best in places, absolutely terrible the rest of the time. I figured it wouldn't be kept up for a whole album. Guess I'll import the single and call it a day.
Old 09-12-06, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think the album is actually pretty solid. It's got some great beats and a lot of songs that are really great. However, there are a few tracks that are terrible...but not only terrible, also really really long thanks to these weird song/interlude tracks. I think JT fans will certainly not be disappointed and he's branching out in a slightly new direction. This album will be pretty huge and I can see it having 4 or 5 singles (Sexyback, My Love, What Goes Around, Damn Girl, Summer Love).

MATT