Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Placebo 'Med's album & US tour

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Placebo 'Med's album & US tour

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-06, 04:57 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
how is this thread any different?

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.... US tour(?) :(
Old 09-06-06, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Giles
Didn't see that one... Merged them..

- G
Old 09-06-06, 09:20 PM

Got my tix for SF in the mail! Still tix there but up in the balcony.

And if you didnt know their record label is rereleasing their first album (Placebo) Oct 3rd I think for the "10 year anniversary". Just in time to promote the tour. Pretty good extras as some of the vids are in cyberspace but bad quality.

Tracklisting:
CD:
Come Home
Teenage Angst - The Big Breakfast (1996)
Bionic
36 Degrees
Hang On To Your IQ
I Know
Bruise Pristine
Lady of the Flowers
Swallow
Paycheck (demo)
Flesh Mechanic (demo)
Drowning By Numbers (b-side)
Slackerbitch (b-side)
H K Farewell (hidden track)

DVD:
Come Home – Alexandra Palace (2006)
Nancy Boy – Top Of The Pops (1997)
Lady of the Flowers – Glastonbury (1998)
Teenage Angst – The White Room (1997)
Bruise Pristine – Top Of The Pops (1997)
36 Degrees – Wembley Arena (2004)
36 Degrees (promo)
Teenage Angst (promo)
Nancy Boy (promo)
Bruise Pristine (promo)
Old 09-06-06, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by lmwong1977
And if you didnt know their record label is rereleasing their first album (Placebo) Oct 3rd I think for the "10 year anniversary". Just in time to promote the tour. Pretty good extras as some of the vids are in cyberspace but bad quality.

Tracklisting:
CD:
Come Home
Bionic
36 Degrees
Hang On To Your IQ
I Know
Bruise Pristine
Lady of the Flowers
Swallow
Paycheck (demo)
Flesh Mechanic (demo)
Slackerbitch (b-side)
Odd that they are throwing the original hidden track after the bonus tracks rather than after "Swallow"...let's just hope that you don't have to forward through 15 minutes of silence to get to it.
Old 09-07-06, 08:32 AM

oh man, I love the b-side song:
'Slackerbitch'

Slackerbitch, f*ghag, whore
looks real cute, her lips are sore
slackerbitch, f*ghag, whore
always comes back for more
Old 09-07-06, 01:11 PM

Tracklisting:
CD:
Come Home
Bionic
36 Degrees
Hang On To Your IQ
I Know
Bruise Pristine
Lady of the Flowers
Swallow
Paycheck (demo)
Flesh Mechanic (demo)
Slackerbitch (b-side)

DVD:
Come Home – Alexandra Palace (2006)
Nancy Boy – Top Of The Pops (1997)
Lady of the Flowers – Glastonbury (1998)
Teenage Angst – The White Room (1997)
Bruise Pristine – Top Of The Pops (1997)
36 Degrees – Wembley Arena (2004)
36 Degrees (promo)
Teenage Angst (promo)
Nancy Boy (promo)
Bruise Pristine (promo)
amazon has this up for preorder at the ungodly (non-discounted) price of $29.98. Considering the import is 9 GBP (converted price of no more than $18 - and the DVD would be PAL encoded) I really hope the domestic edition's pricing drops down in the price as well.

Last edited by Giles; 09-07-06 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-08-06, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Giles
amazon has this up for preorder at the ungodly (non-discounted) price of $29.98. Considering the import is 9 GBP (converted price of no more than $18 - and the DVD would be PAL encoded) I really hope the domestic edition's pricing drops down in the price as well.
I'm sure it will. Meds was at an insane price when it first popped up on Amazon. Hopefully it'll be on sale at B&M since they have the tour to promote with the album. Otherwise there's always the Borders coupons that pop up and they will special order the US edition for you if they don't have it.

PlaceboWorld:
Placebo release their new single ‘Meds’ on 9th October. Details and tracklisting (including EXCLUSIVE NEW TRACKS) to follow.

FYI: This is UK info, so the single is not released here in N.A nor the video shown on US MTV. But thanks to the internet here is the Med's video on YouTube.
Old 11-06-06, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Just got back from their show here in Philly. She Wants to Sound Like Interpol opened and Placebo didn't do an encore. A lot of stuff from Meds was played. A good show but not worth the $40+$40 I spent. Next time, tour with someone that doesn't suck, please.
Old 11-07-06, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by The Bus
Just got back from their show here in Philly. She Wants to Sound Like Interpol opened and Placebo didn't do an encore. A lot of stuff from Meds was played. A good show but not worth the $40+$40 I spent. Next time, tour with someone that doesn't suck, please.
given the extremely negative reviews of SWR's album... yes... they would appear to 'suck'.
Old 11-07-06, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
SWR aren't a bad act, just overexposed....
Old 11-07-06, 10:59 PM

I had a great time at SF, got my 5 seconds with Stef and Steve. I thought SWR was very monotoned, I stayed for 3 songs hoping it would change... I'm glad Placebo came considering how their sales here are compared to just about every country in the world. They could of easily just not come at all. I think it was just the fact SWR has a bigger label (Geffen vs Astralwerks) that they got co-headliner. Wish they only did that for LA, and let the rest be Placebo as solo headliners.

Anyway, its officially unconfirmed but Placebo will be back in April or thereabouts. I think they wont be doing a co-headliner again and prob do the states/cities they didnt do. SWR was supposed to switch playing first every few dates but after they noticed how many people left after Placebo played on the western dates, they changed it so Placebo plays last to keep a full audience for SWR.

eta: They did an hour and a half in NYC playing: Infra-Red, Meds, Because I Want You, Drag, Space Monkey, Soulmates, I Know, Song to Say Goodbye, Every You Every Me, Special Needs, One of a Kind, Without You I'm Nothing, Bionic, Special K, Bitter End. Encore: Running Up That Hill, Taste in Men, Twenty Years. Guess SWR really got kicked down to opener now.

Last edited by lmwong1977; 11-08-06 at 01:44 AM.
Old 11-08-06, 10:45 AM

I had a great time at SF, got my 5 seconds with Stef and Steve. I thought SWR was very monotoned, I stayed for 3 songs hoping it would change... I'm glad Placebo came considering how their sales here are compared to just about every country in the world. They could of easily just not come at all. I think it was just the fact SWR has a bigger label (Geffen vs Astralwerks) that they got co-headliner. Wish they only did that for LA, and let the rest be Placebo as solo headliners.

Anyway, its officially unconfirmed but Placebo will be back in April or thereabouts. I think they wont be doing a co-headliner again and prob do the states/cities they didnt do. SWR was supposed to switch playing first every few dates but after they noticed how many people left after Placebo played on the western dates, they changed it so Placebo plays last to keep a full audience for SWR.

eta: They did an hour and a half in NYC playing: Infra-Red, Meds, Because I Want You, Drag, Space Monkey, Soulmates, I Know, Song to Say Goodbye, Every You Every Me, Special Needs, One of a Kind, Without You I'm Nothing, Bionic, Special K, Bitter End. Encore: Running Up That Hill, Taste in Men, Twenty Years. Guess SWR really got kicked down to opener now.
Hooray!
Old 03-06-07, 02:30 PM

wow... unreal... the April 2007 North American dates and venues...and NO, I repeat NO Washington DC date

thank you fucking much... that just pisses me off to no avail.

Philly once agains get the honors of getting Placebo in less than five months time - DC should have gotten top priority this time around, I mean.. shit, its' common now for the 9:30 to double book two bands on the same night, Placebo could have been a late night performance .... their booking agent is a total ass-shat

Boston, MA Roxy (April 6)
Montreal, QC Metropolis (7)
Toronto, ON Guvernment (9)
Philadelphia, PA Theater of the Living Arts (10)
New York, NY Roseland (11)
Chicago, IL House of Blues (13)
Kansas City, MO Beaumont Club (14)
Frisco, TX Pizza Hut Park (15)
Denver, CO Fillmore (18)
Seattle, WA The Fenix (21)
Portland, OR Roseland (22)
San Francisco, CA Fillmore (23)
Las Vegas, NV House of Blues (26)
Tempe, AZ Marquee (27)
Indio, CA Coachella (29)

Last edited by Giles; 03-06-07 at 03:09 PM.