Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

New Madonna: Confessions On A Dance Floor 11/05 [Part Trois]

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

New Madonna: Confessions On A Dance Floor 11/05 [Part Trois]

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-06, 01:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And here's the video for Jump.

I actually think it's pretty damn cool

http://streamos.wbr.com/wmedia/wbr/m...a_jump_700.wvx
Old 10-04-06, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
And here's the video for Jump.

I actually think it's pretty damn cool

http://streamos.wbr.com/wmedia/wbr/m...a_jump_700.wvx
I saw some screen shots of this and it looks pretty interesting. Being on dialup I will just wait to catch it on MTV hopefully.

I just can't see this song being a big hit in the US.

Last edited by nightwing; 10-04-06 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-05-06, 11:19 AM

Pretty groovy video.

I still can't get used to that god awful blonde wig.
Old 10-12-06, 10:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BillSD
Pretty groovy video.

I still can't get used to that god awful blonde wig.
In the video it works, live and for "personal appearances," I think it's atrocious.

That said, the Jump single has been delayed to November now. The "extended version" is essentially the live version. The Axwell and Lu Cont remixes are absolutely fantastic. These are the best remixes for this album, I think. Just a great song.

Apparently MTV is preparing a special for 11/22...the day of the NBC special (if it still happens).

She's going to be doing publicity for the new book and will do a book signing here in NYC on the 1st.

Oh yeah...and she adoped a kid. The woman never stops.
Old 10-12-06, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by nightwing
I saw some screen shots of this and it looks pretty interesting. Being on dialup I will just wait to catch it on MTV hopefully.

I just can't see this song being a big hit in the US.
Madonna looks beautiful, loved the blonde wig, loved the song, but the video was only fair.

It's a sad statement that I'd only see this because of this thread and digitalfreaknyc, because, as noted, it will not be a hit here and it should be.

Yet, while pop or dance is not my favorite type of music, this is better than most anything else on the charts these days.

If Nick Lachey or a plethora of other 18 year old skanks put this out, it would get a ton of playtime and it would be a number 1 hit.

So sad.
Old 10-13-06, 01:10 AM

Her album has been out for about a year now. Can we have a new thread???
Old 10-13-06, 10:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BillSD
Her album has been out for about a year now. Can we have a new thread???
We don't need one. We're still talking about the singles from the album and the tour spawned by the album. After this is dead, sure. But I don't think this forum needs a thread every time she releases a single. And since I'm the one making most of the posts in this thing, I think it makes more sense.
Old 10-14-06, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
Yet, while pop or dance is not my favorite type of music, this is better than most anything else on the charts these days.

If Nick Lachey or a plethora of other 18 year old skanks put this out, it would get a ton of playtime and it would be a number 1 hit.

So sad.
It is a bummer that she doesn't get the airplay or retail support that she once had, but even if things continue to go downhill for her in the USofA she has had one hell of a ride!

She was a major sales and chart force for longer than most any other woman singer. I cannot think of any other female singer that has left such a lasting impression. Mariah Carey is probably closest. But Madonna had been around for quite some time before Mariah released her first album. If memory serves me right, Mariah's first album came out roughly the same period as Madonna's I'm Breathless album.

But it is not just Madonna that is falling by the wayside. It is the majority of the big acts from the eighties (or the nineies for that matter!). The easiest comparison being Janet Jackson. They both seem to have no problem debuting their new CD's at or near the top of the charts and getting tons of press attention. But keeping the CD's on the charts or producing more than one hit single off an album seems to be more and more difficult for both of them.

The state of the music business is not interesting to me at all. Sure I like to discover new artists, but I also love to see artists grow and evolve and all that crap.
Old 10-19-06, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
NBC won't show Madonna on the cross

Under pressure from Christian conservative groups accusing pop star Madonna of sacrilege, a U.S. television network said on Thursday it removed footage of the singer performing while suspended on a giant cross from her upcoming prime-time concert special.

Madonna had insisted that the mock crucifixion, a centerpiece of her "Confessions" world tour staged while she performed the hit song "Live to Tell," be included in the two-hour special set to air on NBC on November 22.

But socially conservative organizations organized a campaign urging NBC affiliate stations to refuse to carry the special if the crucifix stunt remained in the show.

After weeks of uncertainty, the network said it decided it would not show the opening portion of the "Live to Tell" performance in which she sings suspended from a giant mirrored cross while wearing a crown of thorns.

Instead, cameras will cut away to other shots while Madonna is on the cross, then cut back to the singer when she steps down to finish the song.

"You hear the song, but you're not seeing her on the cross," one network source told Reuters. The special was filmed during her performance at Wembley Stadium in London.

Madonna's New York-based spokeswoman, Liz Rosenberg, said the 48-year-old entertainer, an executive producer of the special, ultimately acquiesced to the revision of the broadcast, but suggested the singer was not happy about it.

"She wanted it in, and they wanted it out," Rosenberg, a Warner Bros. Records executive, told Reuters. "You won't see Madonna on a crucifix. That element of the song is no longer in the show. How they came to that conclusion I really don't know."

Madonna's use of the cross in her concerts drew protests from the Roman Catholic Church and Russian Orthodox Church during her performances in Rome and Moscow, where leaders of the clergy condemned the act as blasphemy.

Madonna issued a statement last month insisting her act was "neither anti-Christian, sacrilegious or blasphemous. Rather it is a plea to the audience to encourage mankind to help one another and to see the world as a unified whole.

"I believe if Jesus were alive today, he would be doing the same thing," she said, adding that her specific intent was to bring attention to the extreme poverty in Africa.

Madonna has been making headlines with her efforts to adopt a motherless year-old boy from Malawi.

The controversy over Madonna's mock crucifixion is not the first time the Material Girl has drawn the ire of religious groups for her use of Christian imagery. In 1989, the video for her hit song "Like a Prayer" featured the scantily clad singer cavorting in front of burning crosses and statues crying blood.

YAHOO.com
Old 10-21-06, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
Seen THESE?

I can't find the Madonna pictures with this link. Can you help?
Old 10-24-06, 03:01 PM
Banned

She's going to be on Oprah tomorrow and supposedly with Matt Lauer sometime next week. She'll be promoting the concert.

She cancelled the appearance at B&N.
Old 10-24-06, 06:25 PM

Hey Digi, whats the latest on a concert dvd for Confessions on a Dance Floor? It would be a great seller for the holidays coming up....( please,please,please say its gonna be out for the holiday gift season ;o) )
Old 10-24-06, 07:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by spammied
Hey Digi, whats the latest on a concert dvd for Confessions on a Dance Floor? It would be a great seller for the holidays coming up....( please,please,please say its gonna be out for the holiday gift season ;o) )
They're currently re-editing the TV version and I assume there's an "edit" already done for the eventual DVD.

I don't know a damn thing other than they're wanting to get it out in December. But after the Re-Invention fiasco, I'm not putting money on it.

Rumor has it we'll get another album next year.

Oh and I just heard the album version of History and it's atrocious. There was a 3 minute demo clip that was leaked with a completely different vocal take. She actually sings the song with passion in that clip. This is just totally bland. If you can, find the "bootleg" extended versions of the song. Much better than the crap that they eventually put out.

Last edited by digitalfreaknyc; 10-24-06 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-25-06, 06:45 PM
Banned

If this is true, methinks we'll definitely be seeing the concert on DVD (and hopefully HD DVD).

The full show is expected to be shown in Holland by the VARA group around new year's eve. VARA says it will be shown on their tv channel Nederland 3 and that the full "Live To Tell" performance will be included.
Old 10-26-06, 09:15 AM

I hope that's true as well! I just don't understand the hoopla surrounding the Live to Tell performance. I went to the concert, I saw it, I was NOT appalled in the least. And if I could've afforded it, I would've gone the next night as well...by far the best show ever...I totally support her....I just want that concert dvd....yesterday <G>
Old 10-26-06, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
She's going to be on Oprah tomorrow and supposedly with Matt Lauer sometime next week. She'll be promoting the concert.

She cancelled the appearance at B&N.
Thanks for the heads up. I usually hear about these sorts of things after they already air.

I thought she was great on Oprah.
Old 10-26-06, 10:43 AM
Banned

In other news, Fanfire just added a christmas ornament for $25.

Since I'm her bitch, I'll pick it up.

Too bad they didn't come up with a cross to put at the top of the tree.
Old 10-26-06, 09:55 PM
Banned

Madonna IS coming to New York.... She will do a TAPED interview with Meredith Viera that will air on THE TODAY SHOW on 11/1 AND 11/2 and also a DATELINE special on Thursday night 11/2....... In addition she will be LIVE on Regis and Kelly on November 1.

Last edited by digitalfreaknyc; 10-27-06 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-01-06, 10:58 PM
Banned

Dateline special tonight showed clips from Hung Up, Like It Or Not and Get Together. Commercial also showed a shot from Sorry. I can't imagine they'd keep that in with her giving the finger to the audience.
Old 11-02-06, 09:13 AM
Banned

As of today, nothing has been confirmed or made official about a release date for the DVD.
The tour DVD is being released, a catalogue number has been issued, and there is nothing to legally prevent it's release such as a feature film documentary.
Warner is trying to get it out before Christmas, but it might have to wait until the new year because of how little time there is between the TV broadcast and Christmas and possibly also because NBC might want to re-run it before the show gets released in the stores, which was the case with Cher's Farewell Tour on NBC.

The Confessions Tour is currently slated to be released as a CD+DVD, although what the CD is has not yet been confirmed. Whether or not the DVD will be released in the last quarter of 2006 will be confirmed very soon. If not, then it should be in quarter one of year 2007.
Old 11-10-06, 07:59 PM
Banned

Well...I'm getting that the CD/DVD is coming out 12/12.

Bravo (a sister station for NBC) will be showing it as well as many stations in other countries where it will be shown COMPLETE and uncut.
Old 11-17-06, 05:59 AM

Digi, what is the latest...is the cd/dvd still coming out on 12/12? I hope it will be the real concert, nothing cut...Thanks!
Old 11-17-06, 10:11 AM
Banned

Digi, what is the latest...is the cd/dvd still coming out on 12/12? I hope it will be the real concert, nothing cut...Thanks!
*sigh*

nope. it's been delayed....already.

Now it's supposedly February/March 2007.
Old 11-21-06, 05:01 PM

<sigh> you've GOT 2 B kidding...til Feb/March 2007? What happened? I tell ya, I just don't understand why they want to just drag this out....
Old 11-22-06, 01:07 PM
Banned

<sigh> you've GOT 2 B kidding...til Feb/March 2007? What happened? I tell ya, I just don't understand why they want to just drag this out....
Because it's being broadcast at various times in various parts of the world over the next 2 months. I don't think they want to make an announcement till it's aired in those places. Might hurt viewership.

Btw....just a reminder: tonight at 8pm.

And then we'll see the other songs that are cut get leaked to the net.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.