Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

TOOL: 2006 Tour Dates & Discussion

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-06, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

Here are Tool's tour dates:

Aug. 5: San Diego (Street Scene Festival)
Aug. 6: Fresno, Calif. (Selland Arena)
Aug. 18-19: Honolulu (Blaisdell Center)
Aug. 22: Vancouver (GM Place)
Aug. 24: Calgary, Alberta (Pengrowth Saddledome)
Aug. 25: Edmonton, Alberta (Rexall Place)
Aug. 27: George, Wash. (Gorge Amphitheatre)
Aug. 29: West Valley, Utah (E Center)
Aug. 30: Englewood, Colo. (Coors Amphitheatre)
Sept. 1: Las Vegas (Theatre Under the Stars)
Sept. 2: Marysville, Calif. (Sleep Train Amphitheatre)
Sept. 3: Oakland, Calif. (Oakland Arena)
Sept. 5: Bakersfield, Calif. (Rabobank Arena)
Sept. 7: Los Angeles (Staples Center)
Sept. 11: Woodlands, Texas (Mitchell Pavilion)
Sept. 12: San Antonio (AT&T Center)
Sept. 14: Dallas (American Airlines Center)
Sept. 15: Kansas City, Mo. (Kemper Arena)
Sept. 16: Minneapolis (Target Center)
Sept. 18: Chicago (Allstate Arena)
Sept. 21: Columbus, Ohio (Nationwide Arena)
Sept. 22: Auburn Hills, Mich. (Palace of Auburn Hills)
Sept. 23: Toronto (Molson Amphitheatre)
Sept. 25: Cleveland (Wolstein Center)
Sept. 28: Camden, N.J. (Tweeter Center)
Sept. 29: Mansfield, Mass. (Tweeter Center)
Old 07-12-06, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Tool Expands Tour, Drafts Isis For Support

Tool has expanded the itinerary for its next round of North American touring, which, as previously reported, will begin Aug. 5 with a performance at the San Diego Street Scene festival. Dates are now on tap through Sept. 29 in Mansfield, Mass.

Tool is out in support of its new album, "10,000 Days," which has already sold 1.1 million copies in the United States since its May release, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The single "Vicarious" remains in the top 5 of Billboard's Modern Rock chart after 11 weeks.

Rock act Isis has been drafted as the opening act for all but the first four shows of the tour. The group's as-yet-untitled new album features eight songs spread out over nearly an hour of music, according to Isis' Web site. It will arrive Oct. 31 via Ipecac.

BILLBOARD.com
Old 07-12-06, 11:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any idea as too when the Toronto tickets will go on sale?
Old 07-13-06, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wasn't going to go see them again, but I havent seen isis in quite some time and it'd be cool to see them in a huge venue. Looks like I'm going to be coughing up way more than I ever would for a few tickets...
Old 07-13-06, 04:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Already got my tix for the Gorge. I was wondering who would open and I fucking love Isis so this is awesome!
Old 07-13-06, 05:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
They don't come even close to where I live and I'm in the Northeast! If they think I'm going to Camden they can forget it. I just hope there will be another leg of the tour.
Old 07-13-06, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wasn't going to go either, but now Isis is playing also? That makes the decision a bit more complicated...
Old 07-13-06, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I saw them back on the club tour in May and am hopeful to get tickets to this tour as well. I just hope that they put some suprises into this legs setlists instead of playing all the predictable stuff (Stinkfist, 46x2, Sober, etc).
Old 07-16-06, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
Fuck you Tool and your decision to play Fiddler's Green. I would have loved to hear the thought process behind that.

Early curfew: check
Sound limits below normal: check
Crowd facing the sun: check
Terrible layout: check
Terrible parking: check

Yep, sounds like the perfect venue.

I'll still go, though.

Last edited by mndtrp; 07-17-06 at 12:47 AM.
Old 07-16-06, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Woohoo,im seeing Tool on my birthday Sep.22 at the Palace near Detroit,woohoo,this is going to be a great show,good looking on the dates.
Old 07-16-06, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll definitely be there on 9/21
Old 07-16-06, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Im going to the Fresno Concert and thinking of getting tickets for the Marysville one as well!
Old 07-20-06, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by The Turbanator
Any idea as too when the Toronto tickets will go on sale?
Sat, 07/22/06 10:00 AM EDT
Old 07-20-06, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll be going to KC show. Now I just need to figure out how many tickets I should buy.
Old 07-22-06, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Woohoo,just picked up my tix for the 22nd show in Detroit,cant fuckin wait.
Old 07-22-06, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Got a call yesterday from my brother... tickets sold out for 9/7 Staples Los Angeles. Missed out.

Got a call today [from my brother]. New show added. Got 2 tickets. We're going on 9/8 Staples Center Los Angeles.

First time [for both of us] seeing TOOL.
Old 07-22-06, 11:39 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
I've seen TOOL 8 or 9 times and can say that today when trying to buy tickets...the 'must get tickets or the world will end' desire just wasn't there. A few years back I vowed to not go to anymore arena shows. The intimacy I want from a show just isn't there. And although I know with recent success TOOL has created stage shows that match the grand nature of the music, I just couldn't bring myself to pay $120+ for two shitty seats. Strange to look for an hour plus, being online at exactly 10:00 am, re clicking, re submiting 'passwords' over and over and continue to just have shitty luck and get shittier seats. I surprised even myself when I considered buying a second row upper upper upper balcony seat on the other side of the arena from the stage. I guess the utmost love and respect for a band will make you do retarded things.

But I passed thinking about the past. I have seen TOOL from as close as one can see them. At smaller venues with people who didn't know what anyone in the band looked like. The mystery was there, it was only about the music, and Maynard moved like the devil was within his body. Didn't seem like the scalpers were as interested in that band.

Just disappointed that me, a real fan of this band for as long as I have loved music, couldn't even get a seat that was anywhere near good for a price that was respectable. Gotta be something that people can do to allow more fans to get legitimate tickets from ticket companies. After the $2,000+ Dallas club show and this Dallas show where within 30 minutes of being on sale tickets were posted on eBay in excess of 3 to $400 bucks, I just don't even know what to think.

I guess I'll just dig the record and pay 11 bucks to see Joanna Newsom play two feet in front of me with her harp when she comes. W
Old 07-23-06, 11:08 AM

I got tickets to the Toronto show. My seats are prettty good aswell. Tickets were very expensive though.
Old 07-26-06, 01:20 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I thought about going to the Toronto show, but I only listen to Tool on occasion and I don't want to spend $70 on them.
Old 08-02-06, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Lateralus
They don't come even close to where I live and I'm in the Northeast! If they think I'm going to Camden they can forget it. I just hope there will be another leg of the tour.
Tickets go on sale this Saturday at 10am for the following show:
TOOL with Isis
Friday, October 6 at 8:00 PM
Continental Airlines Arena
Old 08-24-06, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Kirk [Hammett] with Tool!

Kirk gives us his thoughts on jamming with Tool.

"Having just had an incredible experience jamming with my friends in Tool, I have this to report - it was one of the most profound jamming experiences I have ever encountered ! We all played a show together in Korea and I was bummed that I was missing the show as I was getting ready for our own set. I knew they were on the same flight as I was to Hawaii so I talked to Adam and told him that I was going to check them out. I gave him my number and we had dinner the next night. He also invited me to come out on stage and play "Sober" with them and I instantly said yes! He mentioned that the band even worked out a new part for me to solo through!

"The next night I watched the show and when it came time to play the song. I plugged into Adam's spare amp and he gave me the look -it was that musician- to- musician look of let's get fucking serious!! So I turned it on big time!! We played some feedback together which segued into some crazy dissonance thing that only Adam can do. Then we launched into the song. I said to Adam before the show that he could do all the sound coloring and I'll just take the part in the middle. When it came time for me to play I was so locked into the vibe that I started really quietly while building the solo. By the last third of the solo I turned on Adam's delay setting and played some really high notes that felt like the top of my head just shot off! I could feel the energy in the room and felt like everyone was with me (except the one guy who slammed me on the tool website who said I was drunk, out of key, and kissed Adam! Just goes to show that he was probably jealous and harbored some unwanted feelings for Adam himself!). Afterwards I was surprised to here that the guys in the band enjoyed it so much that they had to hug me right there on stage! I left the stage and they proceeded to play the rest of their set. It was incredible and I am the hugest Tool fan. So I had to run out and do the we're not worthy thing, because we are not!!

"After the second show they had a day off and we all went surfing (except Maynard ). Adam said I was welcome back anytime, and I told him I've been known to follow bands around on the road so don't be surprised if I show up in Bumfuck whatever!! After the show Adam gave me a nice gift for playing with them and that was a first too.

"On a different note, the shows in Asia were fuckin great!!

"Thanks and Cheers!
KH"

pictures: http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=103338

METALLICA.com
Old 08-25-06, 02:01 AM

At least Kirk got this part right:

I am the hugest Tool
Old 08-25-06, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The dude needs to chill on the exclamation points.
Old 08-26-06, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts
4 more days, until I get to see what little life Tool has sucked out of them by Fiddler's Green. At least the girlfriend will enjoy it while I get drunk on $7 beers.

Please come back to an actual arena tour, thank you.
Old 09-09-06, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

HOLY SHIT! THAT WAS SWEET. [went to last nights Staples Show]

Fuck the band sounded great. First time for us [me & bro] seeing Tool. What else can I say everything was just amazing.

my neck hurts.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.