Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Ozzfest info announced, SOAD, Disturbed, Ozzy, Hatebreed, Lacuna coil on main stage.

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Ozzfest info announced, SOAD, Disturbed, Ozzy, Hatebreed, Lacuna coil on main stage.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-06, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.livedaily.com/news/9726.html?t=104
March 09, 2006 03:35 PM
by Rob Evans
liveDaily Editor
The main stage for the 11th edition of Ozzfest (tickets | music) will be held down by rockers Ozzy Osbourne (tickets | music), System of a Down, Disturbed (tickets | music), Hatebreed (tickets | music), Lacuna Coil and a "major main stage band to be announced on May 23," according to a press release.
Tour founder and namesake Osbourne will headline only 10 shows on this summer's tour, "because after 10 years I feel it's time to let someone else share the headlining spotlight," Ozzy said in a statement. "We want to shake it up a bit this year. I've closed virtually every Ozzfest performance for a decade now, and I feel I can finally let other artists headline our festival and that's my intention for the future."

The tour itinerary is below; and ticket on-sale information and venues haven't been announced.

Ozzy headlined Ozzfest with Black Sabbath in 2004 and 2005. This year's Ozzfest appearances will mark his first solo concerts in three years.

According to a press release, Ozzy will debut a new song at Ozzfest, which will appear on a new album that he's currently working on with guitarist Zakk Wylde.

Each of the acts below Ozzy on the bill has appeared on Ozzfest's second stage in the past. This summer's second-stage bill will include Black Label Society, Atreyu, Unearth, Bleeding Through, Norma Jean, A Life Once Lost, Strapping Young Lad, The Red Chord, Full Blown Chaos, Walls of Jericho, All that Remains, and Between the Buried and Me.

[Note: The following tour itinerary has been provided by artist and/or tour sources, who verify its accuracy as of the publication time of this story. Changes may occur before tickets go on sale. Check with official artist websites, ticketing sources and venues for late updates.]
July 2006
1 - San Francisco, CA
2 - Sacramento, CA
8 - Los Angeles, CA
14 - Kansas City, MO
15 - St. Louis, MO
16 - Chicago, IL
19 - Detroit, MI
21 - Columbus, OH
22 - East Troy, WI
23 - Indianapolis, IN
26 - Scranton, PA
27 - Buffalo, NY
29 - New York, NY
30 - Hartford, CT

August 2006
1 - Boston, MA
4 - Camden, NJ
5 - Washington, DC
6 - Virginia Beach, VA
9 - Raleigh, NC
13 - West Palm Beach, FL

it'll probably be at Nissan Pavillion for the dc date, and from what i hear, the venue sucks ass. Looks like a pretty good lineup.
Old 03-13-06, 04:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the info! A few months ago I heard a rumor that Metallica was going to co-headline with System, I doubt it's true, but still-it would make it a better concert.

Any new on which dates Ozzy will perform? That will probably be the deciding factor for me, I'm mainly interested in seeing him & System.
Old 03-13-06, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts
Strapping Young Lad rocks.
BLS usually rocks.
Hatebreed put on a pretty good show, although the albums kind of suck.
Lacuna Coil is one I enjoy.
System live kicks ass.
Norma Jean is terrible.

Ozzfest isn't coming to Denver, so I guess I don't have to try to figure out if I want to go or not.
Old 03-13-06, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

tix go on sale sat at most dates. and amazingly the most expensive seats (the pit) are up to 95 bucks. Usually theyre at least 125 bucks. (oh and dc gets ozzy)
Old 03-13-06, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow, sounds like a good concert. Not.
Old 03-13-06, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by alfonsosoriano
Great contribution to the thread.

Not.
Old 03-13-06, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
ah CRAP!......they dropped tennessee from this years schedule.
Old 03-13-06, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
May check this one out for Atreyu, Hatebreed, and Walls of Jericho...
Old 03-13-06, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by auto
Great contribution to the thread.

Not.
I know, really.
Old 03-14-06, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
same bands rotated every other year....good thing slayer turned this year down...now they will be ready for next year with rob zombie!
Old 03-15-06, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

nice to see Lacuna Coil on the main stage.
Old 04-28-06, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

for those that go to the nissan show, how long would it take to get there from say baltimore county (northern)?
Old 04-29-06, 09:42 AM
Banned

No Dallas show=NO SALE
Old 04-30-06, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 480 Likes on 352 Posts
What? No Iron Maiden this year?

What's up with that???

Old 04-30-06, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by B5Erik

What's up with that???

Nice.
Old 05-01-06, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Originally Posted by B5Erik

What's up with that???
Without Bruce around, who's Miss Piggy going to toss eggs at?

My money is on Lacuna Coil because, even though Cristina is about thirty-five, all of the guys would rather do her than Kelly's skanky ass.
Old 05-01-06, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I decided last min to go this year (last year I got pit tix when they went on sale for Maiden) so I'm driving all the way to Boston. I'm still pisses at Sharron but I'm into all the mainstage bands this year so what the hell.

2006 Bands I'm going to Ozzfest for
Ozzy
System Of A Down
Disturbed
Lacuna Coil
to a lesser extent Hatebreed
2nd Stage
BLS
Strapping Young Lad

2005 Bands I went to Ozzfest For
Main Stage
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Shadows Fall
BLS
to a lesser extent In Flames
2nd Stage
Rob Zombie
to a lesser extent killswitch Engage

2004 bands I went for
Main Stage
Black Sabbath
Judas Priest
Slayer
BLS
2nd Stage
Lacuna Coil
to A lesser extent Hatebreed & Slipknot
Old 05-01-06, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by alfonsosoriano
Have to agree ... time to put this event to rest in my opinion.
Old 05-19-06, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

if anyone is interested, the "mystery band" is avenged sevenfold and a band called "dragon force" is the opening band on the main stage.
Old 05-19-06, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
if anyone is interested, the "mystery band" is avenged sevenfold and a band called "dragon force" is the opening band on the main stage.
I saw Avenged Sevenfold on Warped Tour in '04 and they were horrible. Maybe their live act has improved...
Old 05-19-06, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 238 Likes on 150 Posts
Dragonforce play heavy metal. What are they doing at ozzfest?
Old 08-04-06, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

well, i am so stoked for the aug 6 show at nissan. Sucks that ozzy is doing the second stage, and that i have to get up real early becuase 2 of the bands that i am really into now are first and second (all that remains and the red cord)
Old 08-05-06, 10:27 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I was at the Indy show a couple of weekends ago, and it was really good. The second stage was solid, and SOAD was terrific. Disturbed turned out a good performance too, but David Draiman is such a douche-bag. The crowd wasn't really in to Avenged Sevenfold, but they played a good (albeit short) set.
Old 08-07-06, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll agree there, although, nobody liked bad acid trip. Even though one time during their set, they had other band members come out and do a mini circle pit on stage. A life once lost did 2 wall of deaths, but luckuly i was up front all day and didn't get involved, but lets just say that since the second stage was in a parking lot, we could smell the dust. Ozzy was amazing on stage period. I did get there at like 8 am and thanks to a security guard telling us that there was a line closer to the gate, I ended up getting a wrist band.

Now onto the main stage, I didn't get a chance to see most of Dragonforce because i got something to eat and walked around a bit, but they sounded really good though. Only a few (me included) were into lacuna coil (is it sad that i didn't know "enjoy the silence" was a depeche mode cover). I think everybody woke up during hatebreeds set. Jamie Jasta the lead singer said that he hopes everyone goes out and buys the new record so that we can finally get all this emo pop and rap shit off the top 10, which got a huge reaction. There were a couple of circle pits in the pit, and several in the lawn. Nobody liked avenged sevenfold really except when they did walk, and everyone stood up and sang along. Their cover was actually really good, but Pantera did it better. Disturbed was great, playing all the singles and then some for about a 75 minute set. I really enjoyed System of a Down, mainly because they just got up there, and played their set and didn't stop for any 5 minute political rant that i have heard they do on this tour. The majority of thier set was new stuff, but they did play a few songs off the first album, which kind of surprised me. Alot of people left throughout their set, probably to either beat the traffic. It only took me about 35-40 minutes to get out of the lot and another 10 minute in traffic.

All in all, I had a great time, have no voice for today since i sang along most of the day, even to alot of the opening bands on the second stage, and my ears are ringing. I'm def. going next year.
Old 08-07-06, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Apparently, Dragonforce is a tough act to play with. My friends in Protest The Hero went out on tour with them and were booed every night and had shit thrown at them, which is weird because they are so much better. Dragonforce gets a little nauseating after a while. Too many ripping guitar solos in a song kind of ruin what makes solos special.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.