DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Anyone worth watching on the Grammy's? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/455181-anyone-worth-watching-grammys.html)

Daniel-A 02-08-06 12:46 PM

Anyone worth watching on the Grammy's?

I can't find a full list of performers. All I know so far are:
Gorillaz & Madonna (This should at least be interesting)
Kanye & Jamie (Been there)
U2 & Mary J Blige (Don't care)
Keith Urban & Faith Hill (Glad to see some country love)
Christina Aguilera & Herbie Hancock (Might be interesting, probably won't)

Giles 02-08-06 12:56 PM

Gorillaz & Madonna - very interested to see this as well

PopcornTreeCt 02-08-06 01:09 PM

I'm pretty sure the Madona & Gorillaz is just an animated video including an animated Madonna.

Daniel-A 02-08-06 01:34 PM

Animated Madonna > Real Madonna

[email protected] 02-08-06 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Daniel-A
Christina Aguilera & Herbie Hancock (Might be interesting, probably won't)

The song they do together on Hancock's new album is fantastic. And I read that it's almost completely from her first take. I could live without her persona, but Aguilera can definitely sing, and Herbie's a legend, so this will be the performance I'm most interested in.

Richard Malloy 02-08-06 01:56 PM

I'd like to see the Gorillaz + Kanye. (Let Foxx and Madonna get together and do their own lame thang.)

Daniel-A 02-08-06 02:16 PM

Looking around I see quite a few other performers. Though I'm not sure what has been confirmed or who has backed out, etc.

Green Day
Alicia Keys
Paul McCartney
Kelly Clarkson
Ciara
Coldplay
Sugarland
Bruce Springsteen
John Legend

I think many of the folks are going to pair up as well or just be in a tribute to Sly and The Family Stone.

Comedyman90 02-08-06 02:32 PM

I am looking forward to Green Day, U2, Coldplay, Paul McCartney, Gorillaz, and Kanye West.

cdollaz 02-08-06 02:44 PM

Elvis Costello is performing. That's cool. Hope they let him do his own thing and don't pair him up with some shitheads.

[email protected] 02-08-06 03:32 PM

Just read that Sly Stone is scheduled to perform (first public appearance in over 13 years)! Now THAT is something to get psyched about!!

LiquidSky 02-08-06 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Daniel-A
Keith Urban & Faith Hill (Glad to see some country love)

Would be nice if it was real country and not "country pop" crap.

atlantamoi 02-08-06 04:05 PM

Shows like this were made for Tivo.

BDB 02-08-06 04:56 PM

and HDTivo at that :)

DrRingDing 02-08-06 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I'm pretty sure the Madona & Gorillaz is just an animated video including an animated Madonna.

think again. gorillaz were on the MTV Europe awards and they had 3-D holograms performing and a rapper (not sure if it was actually somebody from De la) performed live with them. it was kinda cool in a novelty kinda way. i don't know if i could stand an entire concert with just holograms, though.

-di doctor-

Daniel-A 02-08-06 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Elvis Costello is performing. That's cool. Hope they let him do his own thing and don't pair him up with some shitheads.

First I've heard about this, but this will definitely be what I am looking forward to the most. I love Elvis Costello. If he does get paired up I hope it isnt with any of the people I listed.

Originally Posted by LiquidSky
Would be nice if it was real country and not "country pop" crap.

Some country is better than no country.

harpo787 02-08-06 08:54 PM

just walked in the door and forgot this was on...I was mainly interested in the metal award...never thought I'd see bands like Slipknot, Rammstein or Shadow's Fall on an award show like that. Who won Metal?

Lateralus 02-08-06 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by harpo787
just walked in the door and forgot this was on...I was mainly interested in the metal award...never thought I'd see bands like Slipknot, Rammstein or Shadow's Fall on an award show like that. Who won Metal?

Slipknot:

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg....YGxARg5Fehiw--

:lol: Thats the only highlight worth seeing right there.

j123vt_99 02-08-06 09:04 PM

Ummm... what the hell just came on the stage?

shaun3000 02-08-06 09:10 PM

What the hell just happened? Sly Stone looked completley lost and then just walked off stage. But his voice (I think) was still singing....

j123vt_99 02-08-06 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by shaun3000
What the hell just happened? Sly Stone looked completley lost and then just walked off stage. But his voice (I think) was still singing....

guess we'll find out in another 13 or 19 years when he reappears in public

was fun to see Randy Jackson playing bass

DJLinus 02-08-06 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by atlantamoi
Shows like this were made for Tivo.

No kidding. I started watching this about an hour or so after it originally started so I can zip past all the stuff I don't want to watch (which is a great deal of the show). Basically, I just saw Gorillaz, so now all I want to see is Elvis Costello.

But I just had to stop and look at Mariah Carey's boobies.

And Kanye wearing Kool Moe Dee sunglasses - are those back in style now?

j123vt_99 02-08-06 09:18 PM

Jay-Z, Linkin Park and
Spoiler:
Paul McCartney
.. very cool

OldBoy 02-08-06 09:19 PM

this has been a really good show thus far. the performances, just about everyone has been really inspired. they have been amazing. the variety is great, though i would have liked to see some more rap by now.

Madonna is just amazing. to do what she does still now is a true testament. the Sly and FS tribute was awesome!

Mary J. and U2 have won the show so far with "One". Mary J. is just off the hook incredible. something about her performaces always brings me to tears (this being the 2nd, the 1st when she did "No More Drama" at I think was the MTV Video Awards some years back, but don't hold me to that).

i have really enjoyed the show so much thus far. keep it coming...

OldBoy 02-08-06 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
guess we'll find out in another 13 or 19 years when he reappears in public

was fun to see Randy Jackson playing bass

and why was Randy Jackson in the midst of the Family Stone?

j123vt_99 02-08-06 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
this has been a really good show thus far. the performances, just about everyone has been really inspired. they have been amazing. the variety is great, though i would have liked to see some more rap by now.

Madonna is just amazing. to do what she does still now is a true testament. the Sly and FS tribute was awesome! Mary J. and U2 have won the show so far. Mary J. is just off the hook incredible. something about her performaces always brings me to tears (this being the 2nd, the 1st when she did "No More Drama" at I think was the MTV Video Awards some years back, but don't hold me to that.

i have really enjoyed the show so much thus far. keep it coming...

any chance somone could do a recap of who performed and what they did?....although I guess it will be in the papers tomorrow